Beware the Oct. 9th patch and Mechromancer DLC!!!

• 93 results
#51 Posted by kalmis (1557 posts) -

Will not be logging into BL2 then. Don't want to loose my keys.

#52 Posted by kingando420 (210 posts) -

I lost all my cross character progress directly after the patch. This happened to me before last time there was a 360 patch. I play split screen with my GF and she hasn't had any problems. I suspect that it has something to do with how premiere club is tied to both the (360) console and profile. The premiere club DLC is tied to my girlfriends profile (as she activated it) but we both received the benefits (golden key, early weapons and relic) as it is tied to the console. I think there must be a conflict because I could not download the new Mechro DLC with my profile (despite the in game store stating that Premiere club was installed), I needed to login with my girlfriends profile to download the mechro DLC.

Needless to say I am pretty devastated to have lost all my badass rank benefits (5000+) and 9 golden keys.

#53 Posted by Carousel (418 posts) -

Oh no!

I've got automatic updates on.

#54 Posted by Rewcastle (398 posts) -

I'm thinking about waiting out the patch. But then again I'm thinking about saying "fuck it", and chancing it.

I wonder if Gearbox will address the people who lost their keys/badass points.

#55 Posted by Sweep (8541 posts) -

Kotaku just linked to this thread in an article regarding this issue.

Eurgh.

#56 Posted by Yummylee (20559 posts) -

Wait, how come people had so many golden keys to lose in the first place? I've only had the one that I received as a preorder bonus D=

#57 Posted by Demoskinos (13851 posts) -
@Sweep What? Hahaha Kotaku is so dumb
#58 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (5795 posts) -

For those having trouble with badass ranks being reset, is it resetting everything? That'd be the biggest loss in my game. I'm curious whether or not the ranks themselves reset to zero or if you just lose your bonuses. If the ranks themselves all reset to zero and you started from scratch, it'd suck, but it wouldn't be nearly so bad as if the badass levels didn't reset but everything else did (meaning you would need the same increased amount of badass points to reach the next level).

#59 Posted by kingando420 (210 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

Wait, how come people had so many golden keys to lose in the first place? I've only had the one that I received as a preorder bonus D=

they've been handing out codes on twitter for a couple of weeks now

#60 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6937 posts) -

This thread scared the shit out of me when I was updating but fortunately my ~15,000 Badass rank and everything else seems okay.

#61 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

@BNB82 said:

I downloaded it and it reset my abilities, but I didn't lose anything. It was more of a free respec.

That happened to me 2 days ago for no reason at all haha

#62 Posted by _Chad (956 posts) -

Oh sweet baby Jesus, nothing was reset for me. I was worried I'm at 10% bonuses for the 10 or so things I've picked.

#63 Edited by JoeyRavn (4886 posts) -

I had the feeling something weird may happen and preemptively configured Steam to not download patches for Borderlands.

Now I'm wondering if I have psychic powers.

Edit: Oh, wait. I'm forced to update the game to play on Steam. And it doesn't want to boot on Offline mode. I wonder why the option to avoid patching is there in the first place...

#64 Posted by BigDaddy81 (310 posts) -

@Sweep said:

Kotaku just linked to this thread in an article regarding this issue.

Eurgh.

At least it's spreading awareness. The less people burned by this the better.

Hopefully Kotaku is able to update the story with a response from Gearbox. I have no doubt that they are aware of the situation but an acknowledgment of and a promise to fix said issue would go a long way.

#65 Posted by nukesniper (1311 posts) -

I just did this as a test, it worked fine for me. Nothing is missing.

I did start up one of my old characters first though, just in case it was caused by jumping right into Mechromancer. No idea.

#66 Posted by xMrSunshine (359 posts) -

Worked fine for me as well, badass ranks and keys are still there and no word about corrupted anything. I haven't played online and I'm playing on PC.

#68 Edited by Slow_pC (238 posts) -

Pushed to my steam game and getting Installation error when the launcher comes up ...

Well , guess I will have to play something else until we all figure this out. :(

EDIT: Deleted DLC / v. Cache / reloaded steam .... I'm back and no loss of anything it seems.

#70 Posted by RubberBabyBuggyBumpers (690 posts) -

i downloaded it for the 360 and didn't have any issues. my badass rank and whatnot are intact.

#71 Posted by darkvare (742 posts) -

i'm fine here, i'm on ps3 btw

#72 Posted by mikey87144 (1484 posts) -

@darkvare said:

i'm fine here, i'm on ps3 btw

Same

#73 Posted by Aleryn (703 posts) -

360 Version - Downloaded patch ONLY, have NOT downloaded Gaige. I have no ill effects. I am NOT downloading Gaige until this madness has been fixed.

#74 Posted by Lukeweizer (2509 posts) -

My friends and I had planned to play on 360 tonight, but now I'm scared. Wish it was clearer if it's the patch or the DLC that's causing this. Seeing lots of "I'm fine", but don't know what system people are on and if they downloaded the patch or patch + DLC.

#75 Posted by Outbr3ak (19 posts) -

Boned on 360 here. Major bummer.

#76 Edited by Scottish_Sin (219 posts) -

@Sparky_Buzzsaw said:

For those having trouble with badass ranks being reset, is it resetting everything? That'd be the biggest loss in my game. I'm curious whether or not the ranks themselves reset to zero or if you just lose your bonuses. If the ranks themselves all reset to zero and you started from scratch, it'd suck, but it wouldn't be nearly so bad as if the badass levels didn't reset but everything else did (meaning you would need the same increased amount of badass points to reach the next level).

Your rank resets and you lose all the bonuses. It keeps your challenge progress though so there's no way to basically get those tokens back other than by starting a new character. It's a bummer, to be sure.

#77 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

I'm on 360 and things are fine. I did back up my saves just in case.

Mechromancer is pretty awesome.

What kind of pisses me off is that one of my friends doesn't have this DLC and now we can't finish our play though. We aren't even using Gaige. We are all the default characters.

#78 Posted by Capum15 (4571 posts) -

Everything is fine for me on PC. Got the patch and Mechromancer (premium club, yay).

#79 Posted by Bulby33 (521 posts) -

Happened to me. My badass rank is totally at zero.

#80 Posted by SpudBug (631 posts) -

guess i'll play dishonored and FTL until this gets sorted.

#81 Posted by Fredchuckdave (4479 posts) -

@JoeyRavn: Yeah Steam is horrible if you want to play offline or not patch

#82 Posted by BigDaddy81 (310 posts) -

According to Gearbox developer ChrisF on their official forums, the various glitches people are experiencing are unrelated to the patch/DLC:

"Just so we're all clear, the Badass Rank reset and instances of freezing / crashing / corrupted characters tied to saves are not being caused by today's update or the Mechromancer.
These are existing known issues we'll be addressing in future updates. For more on that, visit..
Badass Rank Reset - http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...d.php?t=150243
Freezing / Crashing / Corrupted Saves - http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...d.php?t=150907
Any occurrences of these issues alongside today's update or the Mechromancer are purely coincidental.
A compatibility pack to allow connectivity between those that own the Mechromancer and those that don't is currently rolling out.
We have also identified an issue with shield stats that will be addressed in a future update (http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...d.php?t=167155) and will continue to investigate reported issues as we become aware of them."

Just seems like too many people are having issues with this patch for it to be purely coincidental. I'm still gonna play offfline until they fix the problem.

#83 Posted by overnow (88 posts) -

I lost 3 keys (which sucks cause I just hit 50 and was about to use them), all my badass rank and my character customization items (although the ones I had equipped at the time were still visible, but if I changed them I cannot go back).

I'm on PS3.

#84 Posted by ABK_92 (176 posts) -

So is it safe for me to download the patch on Steam yet?

#85 Posted by sarahsdad (1037 posts) -

@SpudBug said:

guess i'll play dishonored and FTL until this gets sorted.

Pretty much ditto, except replace FTL with X-Com

#86 Posted by BRNK (300 posts) -

I came here hoping to see that it was safe to update... guess it's back to the Tokyo Jungle for now. This is bumming me out, it's totally killing the momentum this game had going for me.

#87 Posted by djou (828 posts) -

Sucks that some people have lost their badass rankings but I updated on PS3 last night unaware.

The DLC downloaded fine and I retained my stats, played for a few hours without a hitch.

If I knew about the problems I wouldn't do it again, but then again its tough to tell if these problems are apocryphal.

#88 Posted by bio595 (307 posts) -

@RazielCuts: i lol'd :)

#89 Edited by Aonarach (11 posts) -

Lost my Vladoff skin and maybe a couple of others but other then that nothing was lost. Bummed about it cause the Vladoff was my favorite skin but considering what others have lost it's not that bad.

Edit: Ok so after playing some slots I got another Vladoff skin module. Used it, went to the machine and it's not there. It's strange but I guess it's possible that some skins are just erased from my files now so as not to show up as options anymore? Glad they rushed this patch just the same.

#90 Posted by Rotnac (523 posts) -

I havent encountered any issues at all on the 360 version. Still got my keys & skins, and nothing has reset or been corrupted.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Also having a lot of fun with the Mechromancer but it's kind of exhausting to be joining games with nothing but that class now.

#91 Posted by Grilledcheez (3919 posts) -

I lost like a level of playtime including the Badaboom rocket launcher...I was pissed, but I'm over it.

#92 Posted by Apollo87 (146 posts) -

Would backing up your profile and character saves everytime you play kinda solve it? I mean if something gets corrupted you can always erase the one that got the issue and change it with the backup.

#93 Posted by KezLikesPez (1 posts) -

im a ps3 user and mine is completely corrupted. cant do any missions or cant travel anywhere otherwise my ps3 freezes. it also wont render the graphics properly. its not my ps3 cuz other games work fine. all the hours gone to waste, thanks patch u really helped me out.

#94 Posted by StrainedEyes (1309 posts) -

I had no issues from installing the patch and new class.

#95 Posted by dropabombonit (1474 posts) -

Not had a problem with the patch or new class on PS3, been playing for about 10 hours. Currently at level 17

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.