BNK3R glitch nightmare

#1 Posted by nitronomicon (52 posts) -

Countless times now I have faced off against BNK3R only to have him / her get hung up on the walls of the outer ring. You can whittle it's health all the way to zero, but it will not die while stuck in this way. Saving and reloading just means that you now have to begin the fight anew with the possibility that BNK3R could get stuck all over again. What has your experience been? Any suggestions? Thanks.

#2 Posted by Barrabas (326 posts) -

That sucks. BNK3R was my favorite boss fight in the game. I'd hate to have him ruined like that. I don't think he came near the outer ring when I fought him. He was always pretty high above it. Is there anything you're doing that could be causing him to get stuck like that? If not, unfortunately you'll probably just have to keep fighting him until he doesn't get stuck. If you haven't done it you might want to try leaving the area and resetting the whole zone instead of just the boss fight.

#3 Posted by Philantrophy (354 posts) -

Same thing happened to me the first time, just quit come back and don't go up the stairs.

#4 Posted by Humanity (10133 posts) -

I stayed downstairs on the ammo replenishing machine level right near the staircase that leads up to the outer ring. He would just hover there an not be able to hit you.

Unlike this has been so far my least favorite boss fight in the game. I tried fighting him on the top platform countless times but would end up dying out of nowhere all of a sudden. Probably the homing rockets. He is also an incredible bullet sponge. Even when "cheeseing" it so to speak by staying downstairs where he can't hit you the fight took forever when unloading onto his critical parts. I was level 26 so maybe thats why although thats within the level range of that area.

#5 Edited by Tennmuerti (8174 posts) -

@Humanity:

Are you avoiding the floor lazers? They can chew through your health quiet like.

Also he is a bullet sponge if you shoot the main body (and crit spots) only, but destroy the turrets (which go down fast) and he will loose a bunch of health and fly off. Also caustic weapons help a lot.

All in all was one of the easiest boss fights in the game for me.

#6 Posted by John1912 (1979 posts) -

I just quit. Didnt happen a 2nd time.

#7 Posted by Humanity (10133 posts) -

@Tennmuerti: Well I stayed downstairs so I didn't even mess with the lasers. Hammering on his eyeball with my sniper that did about 600+ damage per shot was still taking his health down pretty slowly compared to other bosses. Shooting his turrets off didn't seem to take off significant chunks of damage for me so I stopped bothering. I also am spec'd in extra critical damage so that was weird.

As I said I was right at the level range which usually means it's gonna be a bit tougher. I've been doing a lot of side missions usually so I got used to the fact that when I got around to the main questline I was always 3-4 levels ahead of the requirements and they were a breeze.

#8 Edited by Tennmuerti (8174 posts) -

@Humanity:

You said you were dying all of a sudden when fighting him on the platform, that's why I mention the lazers.

600+ dmg per shot criticals with a sniper sounds extremely low for that far into the game.

When you fight him normally on the platform without cheesing the fight, you shoot off the 2 turrets which damages him a lot faster then criticals, he flies off, returns, you destroy the new turrets, repeat like 3-4 times.

#9 Posted by Humanity (10133 posts) -

@Tennmuerti: Dunno, everything else was a cakewalk up to that point. Until I've beaten him and all that loot dropped out I have not found a sniper that did more than 500 base dmg and elemental slapped on top of that. After killing Bunker I picked up a few snipers that did 800dmg which is nice. Dunno why he was so much tougher for me than everything up to that point. Even those badass bots with the red cannons on the side would go down from a few shots of my corrosive pistol. Bunker was just a pain.

#10 Edited by Barrabas (326 posts) -

@Humanity: I liked him because he was the tough boss. Between jumping over lasers, avoiding morters, and getting behind pillars to dodge homing rockets I felt like I did the most when facing him. In the end I beat him just as my time for second wind was about to end. BNK3R and the Sheriff were the only two bosses that ever managed to kill me. Even the last boss only took down my shield once as I stood in one place and shot him. I didn't even realize there were other enemies in the area with the last boss until about half way through.

edit: also, fyi, the lasers appear on the outer ring too. I'm assuming that's what you meant by lower level, and not down where the door you enter at the end is located.

#11 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7100 posts) -

I've fought him dozens of times now (I need that Assassin head so fucking bad) on the 360 and it's only happened once so far. It does suck though because of the nagging feeling of "what if that was the time he would have dropped it." But goddamn I want that head.

#12 Posted by HistoryInRust (6407 posts) -

I stood in one place and shot until he died.

Par for the course.

#13 Posted by Humanity (10133 posts) -

@Barrabas: I actually meant THAT lower level - where you have a roof over your head. I was by myself, the fight was taking forever and it was late. I didn't want to invite random people in because quite frankly the loot sharing aspect of the game hasn't been solved well and I like to take my time and examine each and every piece of loot that drops instead of having to make a mad dash for blues and purples so the other person doesn't get it.

So I stood close to the elevator door - worked out well in the end. I tried fighting normal like three times but it just wasn't working out for me and was just getting a little tired and wanted to move on with the story.

#14 Posted by MB (13139 posts) -

@HistoryInRust said:

Par for the course.

Were you overleveled or something? While the fight isn't necessarily hard, there are adds all over the place, lasers, bombs, stuff like that to deal with.

#15 Posted by HistoryInRust (6407 posts) -

@MB said:

@HistoryInRust said:

Par for the course.

Were you overleveled or something? While the fight isn't necessarily hard, there are adds all over the place, lasers, bombs, stuff like that to deal with.

I don't know what level that mission was. I was a twenty-eight. Stood at the bottom of the stairset and handled him zipping around. I think its scripting dropped out at a point because about halfway through it just sat in one place and didn't attack me.

Again. Par for the course.

But I didn't complain when it rained all of its deliciousness over the platform there.

#16 Posted by Humanity (10133 posts) -

@MB: This is basically the same strategy I used, and what I assume a lot of people used.

The worst part about fighting up top for me were not the lasers or bombs but the suicide bots that would jump behind you and explode, putting you into the downed state with no one to kill unless you can get a rocket shot off onto bunker and pray you hit a turret.

#17 Posted by GunstarRed (5480 posts) -

I fought him earlier and he glitched on the waterfall part of the level 3 times in a row. Annoyingly one of those times I had taken his life down by about 95%. I ended up doing what someone else in the thread did and stayed near the vending machines spamming him with rockets. Possibly the worst section of the game for me due to the problems I had with it.

#18 Posted by BRNK (307 posts) -

When you guys are talking about lasers, are you referring to the ones you have to jump over when taking down the auto-turrets? Those didn't trigger during the BNK3R fight for me. I just stood behind a pillar on the middle top (not waterfall) platform and most of his attacks couldn't hit me. I'd lure the XPLoaders to the outer ring nearby and shoot their leg off just in case I got downed, but ended up not needing them.

I use the same technique for killing every boss in the BL series so far: Stand behind a rock/pillar, peek out and shoot, duck back to avoid fire, repeat.

#19 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7100 posts) -
@BRNK

When you guys are talking about lasers, are you referring to the ones you have to jump over when taking down the auto-turrets? Those didn't trigger during the BNK3R fight for me. I just stood behind a pillar on the middle top (not waterfall) platform and most of his attacks couldn't hit me. I'd lure the XPLoaders to the outer ring nearby and shoot their leg off just in case I got downed, but ended up not needing them.

I use the same technique for killing every boss in the BL series so far: Stand behind a rock/pillar, peek out and shoot, duck back to avoid fire, repeat.

Plus I've learned from farming him for heads that those lasers aren't hurting me all the much. They barely even damage my shields and I noticed that when I was only one level above him.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.