Borderlands 2, cover of September's Game Informer

• 55 results
#1 Edited by JoeyRavn (4977 posts) -
Gearbox Software’s co-op lootfest is back with a host of exciting changes to the first game's addictive formula.
The September issue of Game Informer contains 12 pages of exclusive details and screenshots from Borderlands 2, and outlines the numerous improvements the developer has in store for your return trip to Pandora. Don’t expect just a couple bazillion more guns this time around. Gearbox is introducing new and more diverse environments, smarter and more powerful enemies, and an improved mission system capable of delivering a better story. This and much more will be revealed in the story, as well as our full month of additional online content.

We know GI's cover games sometimes are canceled or don't get to see the light of the day besides some concept art and what not, but this is pretty much a confirmation of the game's existance, right? Especially seeing how much information about it has been surfacing recently.

Edit: Derp, forgot to add the source!

#2 Edited by EuanDewar (4965 posts) -

Hot diggedy damn! All I needed was confirmation to get immediately pumped.

#3 Posted by Ghostiet (5284 posts) -

I'm in, give me more active abilities, a better quest system, better transportation and I'm in.

#4 Posted by Zacagawea (1596 posts) -

My body isn't ready yet

#5 Posted by BeachThunder (11990 posts) -

Not a game that I think really needs a sequel (The DLC itself seemed kind of like a sequel anyway); having said that though, I liked Borderlands enough to want to play a sequel. If they make the PC version have a nicer KB&M-friendly interface then that would be great.

#6 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -
@Ghostiet said:
I'm in, give me more active abilities, a better quest system, better transportation and I'm in.
Yes, but also a story and an ending that doesn't completely suck.
#7 Edited by believer258 (11949 posts) -

"Smarter and more powerful enemies" 

Fine, but if I have to shoot a thousand rounds into a Level 50 baddie when I'm a level 51 then I'm going to quit it, just like I did the original. It isn't fun, getting rid of all your ammo on one bad guy. Also give me some better guns, all of my guns suck (preferably rocket launchers that actually feel like they can hurt something; I've never played any other game with near-useless rocket launchers). Maybe that had something to do with me playing single player... you know what? Don't punish me for wanting to play this game by myself! 

#8 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

However 

@Zacagawea said:
My body isn't ready yet
Yup. Still playing the co-op with some giant bomb friends, and we're still around level 20-25 ..
#9 Posted by BeachThunder (11990 posts) -
@believer258 said:
"Smarter and more powerful enemies"  Fine, but if I have to shoot a thousand rounds into a Level 50 baddie when I'm a level 51 then I'm going to quit it, just like I did the original. It isn't fun, getting rid of all your ammo on one bad guy. Also give me some better guns, all of my guns suck. Maybe that had something to do with me playing single player... you know what? Don't punish me for wanting to play this game by myself! 
I played single-player only and I got some amazing guns; I suppose a lot of it is luck of the draw...
#10 Posted by Nottle (1915 posts) -
@Ghostiet said:
Yes, Yes, Yes, and yes. Borderlands 2 needs all these things. I kind of felt like the classes were never all that interesting. Soldier always seemed like the best choice because his passive stuff was so good. Also loot other than sheilds, guns, and artifacts. I want diablo style rings and actual armor to make my guy look badass by the end of the game. Also better environments and enemy types, which they did get right in the last 2 DLC. 
#11 Posted by Redbullet685 (6046 posts) -

Awesome! 
I really loved playing Borderlands with friends. All of my friends played the first, so I'm sure they will all play this one, too.

#12 Edited by Tennmuerti (8123 posts) -

Hell yea! If they could improove on lacking aspects of the original Borderlands it would be awesome: more personality/story interaction, more loot customisation not centered around just guns.

#13 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
#14 Posted by natetodamax (19208 posts) -

Aww, why'd you have to spoil it? :(

#15 Edited by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Fuckin' stoked. Borderlands 2! 

Also, I think it's easy to assume they were working on Borderlands 2 ever since they finished the first one.

#16 Posted by selbie (1906 posts) -

Story was a big thing I thought was missing from the first. The world never really felt fleshed out to me, and I hope they include more lore and backstory content.

#17 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5426 posts) -

Guess I should finish up the Claptrap DLC.

#18 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

Borderlands had some of the best marketing around it too, cant wait for the trailers of B2. I hope the choice of music is as good as last time:

#19 Posted by Creamypies (4070 posts) -

Fuck yeah! I literally cannot wait!

#20 Posted by EuanDewar (4965 posts) -

It's going to be at Pax, hope the guys get some time to check it out.

Hell they've probably known about this for a while now.

#21 Posted by Tennmuerti (8123 posts) -

@believer258 said:

"Smarter and more powerful enemies" Fine, but if I have to shoot a thousand rounds into a Level 50 baddie when I'm a level 51 then I'm going to quit it, just like I did the original. It isn't fun, getting rid of all your ammo on one bad guy. Also give me some better guns, all of my guns suck (preferably rocket launchers that actually feel like they can hurt something; I've never played any other game with near-useless rocket launchers). Maybe that had something to do with me playing single player... you know what? Don't punish me for wanting to play this game by myself!

Sounds like you needed to do more loot runs! :)

Never had a problem with gun's in SP, you just needed to farm bosses/chests a bit. Then badies die before you empty half a clip too.

Yea hopefully RL will not be shit this time around.

#22 Edited by mracoon (4972 posts) -

There doesn't seem to be a release date buy I'm pretty sure this will be out in 2012 which is enough distance from the original (and the dlc) for me to be super-excited.

The thing I want most is better checkpointing because in those dlc levels you only had one spawning point (I think it was called new-u or something similar) but that meant it took forever to get anywhere even with vehicles.

#23 Posted by gike987 (1758 posts) -
@believer258 said:
"Smarter and more powerful enemies"  Fine, but if I have to shoot a thousand rounds into a Level 50 baddie when I'm a level 51 then I'm going to quit it, just like I did the original. It isn't fun, getting rid of all your ammo on one bad guy. Also give me some better guns, all of my guns suck (preferably rocket launchers that actually feel like they can hurt something; I've never played any other game with near-useless rocket launchers). Maybe that had something to do with me playing single player... you know what? Don't punish me for wanting to play this game by myself! 
The game works like all Diablo clones, even if it has FPS combat. Use elemental effects the enemies you are fighting are weak against.
#24 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Still haven't finished the DLC, I was very put off by the arena one they released, which was hands down the worst piece of DLC I've ever played.

But looking forward to this a lot, hopefully they can make the vehicles actually fun to use this time around.

#25 Posted by Tennmuerti (8123 posts) -

@Rhaknar: Tru dat.

#26 Posted by BeachThunder (11990 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind said:

Still haven't finished the DLC, I was very put off by the arena one they released, which was hands down the worst piece of DLC I've ever played.

Ugh, yes. I ended up buying it because I wanted to have all the DLC and the storage was good too. I ended up playing the actual arena part for about 10 minutes and I couldn't bear it anymore and just quit :|
#27 Posted by Yummylee (21763 posts) -

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF yes. The original Borderlands is one of my favourite games of the last decade I'd say.

#28 Posted by Grimmy616 (401 posts) -

Hell yeah now I'm definitely going to Gamescom!!

#29 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Give me.

NOW.

#30 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1407 posts) -

Better PC UI integration please! Other than that I'm pumped =D

#31 Posted by hwy_61 (923 posts) -

As someone who never played this on 360, I am excited to jump on the boat this time around.

#32 Posted by Tennmuerti (8123 posts) -

@LethalKi11ler said:

Better PC UI integration please! Other than that I'm pumped =D

That too.

#33 Posted by redbliss (647 posts) -

Great. Loved the first one, but couldnt bring myself to buy the DLC because it seemed like it was a little too repetitive. An improved mission system could solve that problem.

#34 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1756 posts) -

This is not surprising at all, but I'd be lying if I said that finally having this game announced doesn't have me super excited. MUST. KNOW. MORE.

#35 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19353 posts) -

The first one bored me, but I'm still interested in its sequel.

#36 Posted by MattyFTM (14393 posts) -

@mracoon said:

There doesn't seem to be a release date buy I'm pretty sure this will be out in 2012 which is enough distance from the original (and the dlc) for me to be super-excited.

Fiscal 2013 is what they're saying. So that could be anywhere from April 2012 to March 2013. I think holiday 2012 is looking like the likely release date.

#37 Posted by Popskinz (409 posts) -

Aw yeah!

#38 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19353 posts) -
@Popskinz: Did you make that?
#39 Posted by DonChipotle (2768 posts) -

This is the best news to wake up to!

#40 Posted by JeanLuc (3586 posts) -

Bring it Gearbox! I'm ready for more.

#41 Edited by PenguinDust (12533 posts) -

Coolness, but I hope they really change up the locales.  I was once excited for Crackdown 2 following the surprise fun I had with its original.  Borderlands was an unexpected joy, too.  I don't want to see its reputation tarnished by an inferior sequel.  I am cautiously optimistic for the new game.

#42 Posted by Popskinz (409 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Yup.
#43 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -

Reminds me i only need to beat Crawmerax in the original.... i can´t wait though!
#44 Posted by purpleinsect (57 posts) -

So excited! I'm still not finished with Borderlands. I started playing almost a year ago, took a little break and just got into the DLC. So much left to do, awesome game :) So news of another one coming are more than welcome!

#45 Posted by JoeyRavn (4977 posts) -

@purpleinsect said:

So excited! I'm still not finished with Borderlands. I started playing almost a year ago, took a little break and just got into the DLC. So much left to do, awesome game :) So news of another one coming are more than welcome!

Don't even touch Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot. It is terrible.

#46 Posted by TekZero (2673 posts) -

It was a fun game, but I enjoyed the single player much more than the multiplayer. 

#47 Posted by captain_clayman (3322 posts) -
@believer258 said:
"Smarter and more powerful enemies"  Fine, but if I have to shoot a thousand rounds into a Level 50 baddie when I'm a level 51 then I'm going to quit it, just like I did the original. It isn't fun, getting rid of all your ammo on one bad guy. Also give me some better guns, all of my guns suck (preferably rocket launchers that actually feel like they can hurt something; I've never played any other game with near-useless rocket launchers). Maybe that had something to do with me playing single player... you know what? Don't punish me for wanting to play this game by myself! 
or you could get a character mod that regenerates ammo for you and your team like i found :D it's a pretty rare mod though and i think only for soldier but it helped me SOOOOO much.
#48 Posted by Subjugation (4722 posts) -

@captain_clayman said:

@believer258 said:
"Smarter and more powerful enemies" Fine, but if I have to shoot a thousand rounds into a Level 50 baddie when I'm a level 51 then I'm going to quit it, just like I did the original. It isn't fun, getting rid of all your ammo on one bad guy. Also give me some better guns, all of my guns suck (preferably rocket launchers that actually feel like they can hurt something; I've never played any other game with near-useless rocket launchers). Maybe that had something to do with me playing single player... you know what? Don't punish me for wanting to play this game by myself!
or you could get a character mod that regenerates ammo for you and your team like i found :D it's a pretty rare mod though and i think only for soldier but it helped me SOOOOO much.

I have one for my Hunter that regenerates sniper ammo. I also have a legendary revolver and repeater pistol that have a passive ammo regeneration level that is fast enough that my ammo literally does not go down. Man ... I love this game.

#49 Posted by purpleinsect (57 posts) -
@JoeyRavn said:

@purpleinsect said:

Thing is, I already did. But I doubt I will again. What the hell is the point with that one?? It feels like work, and is definitely no fun.
#50 Posted by JoeyRavn (4977 posts) -

@purpleinsect said:

@JoeyRavn said:

@purpleinsect said:

Thing is, I already did. But I doubt I will again. What the hell is the point with that one?? It feels like work, and is definitely no fun.

I S-Ranked the game and I still don't know the answer to that question.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.