Borderlands 2 is coming to the Mac later this month.

#1 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

2012 is clearly the rise of gaming on the Mac, on November the 20th we will get a great new addition. Borderlands 2 is coming to the Mac, it will be available for download and at retail. As an owner of an iMac, I would love to have got this, but I already have this on the PS3. If you own a Mac and have yet to jump into Pandora, I highly recommend you pick up Borderlands 2.

Source

#2 Posted by Ben_H (3413 posts) -

According to Steam, I already have it on Mac and I can install it. Odd. When I go into my Mac-specific library it is just there. Though I just try installing it and it won't so maybe that won't unlock until it is proper released. I was really confused when I saw it there yesterday, I just thought "When did they even announce that?".

#3 Posted by Zaccheus (1801 posts) -

This is pretty encouraging. It would seem to indicate that Borderlands GOTY sold reasonably well.

#4 Posted by ascagnel (81 posts) -

As long as its Steamplay. I was super bummed when the Mac version of Black Ops hit (almost 2 years late, no multiplayer, and a separate $60 charge).

#5 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1146 posts) -

@ascagnel said:

As long as its Steamplay. I was super bummed when the Mac version of Black Ops hit (almost 2 years late, no multiplayer, and a separate $60 charge).

Man, really? That's whack.

This is great news. The more games on either Mac or PC, the better.

#6 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@ascagnel: Does it really have no multiplayer?

#7 Edited by Zaccheus (1801 posts) -

@ascagnel: @CrossTheAtlantic: @Hizang: There is definitely multiplayer in it, but maybe it's not crossplay with the PC and thus nobody is playing? COD4 had crossplatform play on MAC/PC and it was ported by the same company Aspyr Media. So I don't know. Maybe it's because of matchmaking.

#8 Posted by ascagnel (81 posts) -
@Zaccheus I believe you are correct in that its limited to Mac-only. But considering the state in which it was launched (a few months from BO2) and the Mac-specific MP, it might as well have no MP.

Even then, I think it's only the Zombies mode. The adversarial stuff isn't there.
#9 Posted by ascagnel (81 posts) -
@ascagnel
@Zaccheus I believe you are correct in that its limited to Mac-only. But considering the state in which it was launched (a few months from BO2) and the Mac-specific MP, it might as well have no MP.

Even then, I think it's only the Zombies mode. The adversarial stuff isn't there.
I was wrong, it has the full MP suite. But it's not PC-Mac compatible because of the PC version's Steam requirement and Aspyr wanted to get it into the Mac App Store.

Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/mobileapp/214630/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.