Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Borderlands 2 Video Interview With Randy Pitchford

John-Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By John-Luke
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Crunchman said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Hx5MSc0V4

Cool details, about 18 minutes.

Discuss what was discussed in the video or this thread will get locked for consisting of a link and four words.

My input: I don't like Randy Pitchford. The DNF experience turned him into a complete dick in my eyes (ew) and I'm not even sure why.  
    Thanks.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    @Crunchman said:

Discuss what was discussed in the video or this thread will get locked for consisting of a link and four words. My input: I don't like Randy Pitchford. The DNF experience turned him into a complete dick in my eyes (ew) and I'm not even sure why.  Thanks.
    Cause maybe he made it seem like he could save that game? He kinda got annoying to me near the end of Borderlands development. 
    EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By EuanDewar
    @The_Laughing_Man
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    @Crunchman said:

Discuss what was discussed in the video or this thread will get locked for consisting of a link and four words. My input: I don't like Randy Pitchford. The DNF experience turned him into a complete dick in my eyes (ew) and I'm not even sure why.  Thanks.
    Cause maybe he made it seem like he could save that game? He kinda got annoying to me near the end of Borderlands development. 
    I think he was totally cool during the borderlands interview cycle. Every time he talked to Jeff he seemed genuinely excited about his product and proud of what the team had created. Promoting DNF is an unenviable task also, comes with so many caveats. He certainly did a good job of it, that game sold far beyond it had any right to.

Can't defend that Borderlands 2 leak thing though, his comments were straight up silly.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Vinny_Says

Borderlands 2 looks a lot like Borderlands 1....just sayin'

I'm still excited to see what they've improved.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By mazik765

I like Randy Pitchford. Thanks for the interview.

malnourish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By malnourish

He's trying too hard to be coy about topics he's not even sure if he's allowed to talk about. Someone should have done some prep with him.

The any weapon combination seems to be on the rise, with games like Bastion, KoA: Reckoning, and Borderlands 2 now. I wonder if this trend will continue.

He talks about improving story and such, but story isn't my primary concern. I want the environments, the non-combat environments, to feel fleshed out. It felt like nearly every town was a ghost town, NPCs were scarce and bland.

Although it's a seldom used feature, the split-screen online will be nice.

It's funny that he mentions saving content on the cloud, when now all three major platforms (Steam, XBL, PSN) offer cloud-saves. However Playstation Plus subscribers are far fewer than XBL Gold subscribers, so I wonder if they will promote an external cloud save management system to the dismay of Microsoft and Sony.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Crunchman said:

Discuss what was discussed in the video or this thread will get locked for consisting of a link and four words. My input: I don't like Randy Pitchford. The DNF experience turned him into a complete dick in my eyes (ew) and I'm not even sure why. Thanks.

I love him. He's a super nice guy. I met him at PAX when he was showing off the original Borderlands, and he was super cool. He chatted and signed my poster. He had always been something of a hero to me in the industry and he was really great. He was clearly totally psyched to be at PAX and to be showing off his game, and I was impressed that he stuck around as long as he did just letting people enjoy the Borderlands demo. He seems to do a good job leading a great studio, and blaming anyone at Gearbox for what DNF was is kinda silly. He was goofy and optimistic and enthusiastic about DNF, and yeah it was total shit but you have to give him credit for that.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Arker101

He seems like a person who is enthusiastic about his work, and that sometimes causes people to do slightly dumb things to defend their work, but I'd rather have that then just another boring generic PR guy. I like him from what coverage I've seen of him.

Also guys, Borderlands 2 is the game I'm most f-ing hyped for this year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.