Borderlands 2 wishlist!

• 71 results
#1 Edited by sthusby (382 posts) -

My Borderlands 2 wishlist:

1. An intro song that is equally or more awesome than Cage the Elephant's Ain't no rest for the Wicked.

That is all. You're up!

#2 Edited by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

2. No gamespy for the pc version.

#3 Posted by FlamingHobo (4482 posts) -

3) More personality in the character classes.

#4 Edited by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

4) More than 4 players Co-Op. Just because that would be insane. :D

Also, does anyone think competitive multiplayer would be fun? My immediate reaction is to not even try it, but the more I think about it, the more I could see it working.

#5 Posted by laserbolts (5317 posts) -

4. More enemy variety.

#6 Edited by rmanthorp (3910 posts) -

@JJWeatherman said:

4) More than 4 players Co-Op. Just because that would be insane. :D

Also, does anyone think competitive multiplayer would be fun? My immediate reaction is to not even try it, but the more I think about it, the more I could see it working.

The duels could sometimes be a LOT of fun.

8 player Co-Op with the new and old classes would be amazing!

Personally I just want more Greenery, so I'm getting my wish :D

#7 Posted by Ghostiet (5242 posts) -

5. Better map navigation.

6. More and better transport options and waypoints.

7. More variety in missions.

8. More active abilities.

#8 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

Some more story to take advantage of the awesome character of the game and a minimap.

#9 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

Better level balancing, stronger story, more interesting / unique character abilities and weapon effects.  
And generally a more consistent flow of good loot ... should be more regular, smaller increases in found gun stats rather than very rarely finding something amazing and then holding onto the same gun for half the game and everything else is vendor trash. 

#10 Posted by MDomier (47 posts) -

A better final boss fight.  I loved the game, but where the hell is the awesome end game loot and what the crap was that boss? 

#11 Posted by Hi_Voltg3 (57 posts) -
@MDomier said:
A better final boss fight.  I loved the game, but where the hell is the awesome end game loot and what the crap was that boss? 

My thoughts exactly.
#12 Edited by DesktopMan (65 posts) -
  1. Difficulty setting and proper scaling so doing side missions won't make you overpowered
  2. Improved PC version, SteamWorks please (also no mouse smoothing/lag, better menus, more options etc)
  3. More varied usable guns (not 99.9999% vendor trash, drop more money instead)
  4. Auto pickup and share money (or team gets paid per kill, thus nothing to pick up)
  5. A few extra gear slots (upper body and legs maybe)
  6. Better ending (boss/story)
#13 Posted by miva2 (226 posts) -

1: don't make the beginning as slow as the first game. it took too long to finally get started seriously with my friend. 
2: put as much awesome moments in the game as the first game. like that dancing watermonster or whatever it was, chests only reachable by practicing your parcours skills

#14 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

Steamworks.

More guns.

That's about it.

#15 Posted by Talis12 (488 posts) -

the ability to set multiple quests to show on your map  
no repetitive quests like the brains and robot part scavenging 
more types of weapons

#16 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

Being able to change guns. Like take a scope off of one and put it on a different gun or switching clips etc. 

#17 Posted by believer258 (11773 posts) -

1) COLLECTIBLES! Like, tons of them. Hell, if we're going to have a big open world, I want tons of extra shit to find. 

2) SECRETS! Cool shit that you don't have to see and do, but you might want to just because it's awesome. Maybe a unique gun here and there or a special power up.

3) STORY! It actually needs one. The one the original had could compete with NES games. 

4) VARIETY! In everything. Missions, environments, enemies, weapons (ironically), character classes, towns and cities, etc. 

5) FUN! Yeah, the original was fun for enough time to beat it but after that I can't make myself play it. Every now and then I can enjoy it for a little while but I have no real desire to put it back in. 

6) CLASS TREES! The ones in the original were pretty similar to each other; more variety perhaps? 

7) BALANCE! Sometimes I found myself with what was supposed to be a really good gun but I was still pumping hundreds of rounds into guys that wouldn't fucking die already. I wish they would fix this and make guns feel effective.

#18 Posted by project343 (2816 posts) -

Guns.

Seriously, I'd prefer better online co-op. There was a fair bit of lag, and Gamespy is sort of balls.

More powers would also be a welcome edition. A single power, no matter how customizeable, is still a bit disappointing.

#19 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

A better optimized PC experience and more active skills. Krom's Canyon and a few other places ran at about 40FPS no matter what, apparently you have to disable dynamic shadows if you want it to run smooth.

#20 Posted by DoctorTran (1549 posts) -

Split-screen online co-op. Meaning that if I have a friend who plays co-op with his roommate, split screen, I'd be able to join in with them on my machine.

#21 Posted by natetodamax (19191 posts) -

A better frame rate and less useless weapons would both be awesome. I understand that not every gun you find needs to be amazing, but you could go dozens of hours in Borderlands before you found something that was better than what you were using.

#22 Posted by BeachThunder (11795 posts) -

Infinite inventory space with an easy method of searching/sorting/filtering through guns/items. Also, a way to sell items without having to be at a vending machine.

#23 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

Less Hyperion at the endgame. I still have nightmares about Old Haven.

#24 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@scarace360 said:
I said the same. I can't stand that crap software
#25 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

No dubstep.

#26 Posted by ReVamp (28 posts) -

I'd love it if the characters classes weren't exactly the same and if they made each of them more unique than they were before (ie more class-specific abilities and what not). Its just that apart from the Phase Walking and the Turret, not much else defined the characters and while it was a nice touch I don't think that it affected the game as it would be nice to.

Also, a greater ease on sorting your items and deciding which one is better.

#27 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

@valrog said:

No dubstep.

I'm really hoping the last boss is dubstep,

I'd like :

More enemy variety

More environment variety

Less weird online, I liked sniping in single player but online i could not get headshots.

More than 1 skill per class, everything after the first upgrade at level 5 was passive, which is cool but I want more than just punc h dudes, or throw turret.

#28 Posted by StarvingGamer (8128 posts) -

Stash/locker shared between all characters

That is all

#29 Posted by Mnemoidian (955 posts) -

1) Better PC version, ie: No Gamespy sign-in for multiplayer. UI that actually works for PC. Steamworks with achievements would be cool - but not as important as the rest.

2) Humor! I'm a bit nervous of them trying to top the general Knoxx' comedy, but... hopefully!?

3) More wub wub.

#30 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7614 posts) -

It definitely needs better variety though, you do nothing but fight skags for far too long in the first game, the first DLC was nothing but a slog through zombie fodder and The Armoury was constant crimson lance battles, it got pretty tedious at times.

It needs better balance too, if you have Lilith on your party, there's no point in anyone else being there, as she can simply phase walk/use phoenix through all the enemies and instantly kill almost everything, she's so ridiculously over powered, it's not even funny.

My single biggest complaint though is with the vehicles. They control like absolute garbage and were no fun to use at all, it really brought down a lot of sections.

#31 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

To everyone who is asking for Steamworks, it's already confirmed. It's why they've been adding Steamworks support to Borderlands 1; so they could get it right in Borderlands 2. I'd dig up the source, but I'm on my phone right now, so it'd be a bit difficult.

#32 Posted by Cheesebob (1235 posts) -

ALL THE DUBSTEP

#33 Posted by Tennmuerti (8057 posts) -

Huh I was about to look back at my wishlist only to realise I had nothing posted /sadface

Seems i am getting my wish of a better PC version from what Gearbox has been talking. But my wish for more armor customization does not look like it will be fulfilled.

#34 Posted by Tennmuerti (8057 posts) -

@DoctorTran said:

Split-screen online co-op. Meaning that if I have a friend who plays co-op with his roommate, split screen, I'd be able to join in with them on my machine.

This was confirmed in their recent interview. except that your 2 friends will have to join you, not the other way around it seems.

#35 Posted by SomeJerk (3203 posts) -

A PC port that isn't a consolized depressing mess with a FOV that lets me spot and properly identify postage stamp from a mile away and mouse acceleration from hell.

I need nothing more. NOTHING.

#36 Edited by Tennmuerti (8057 posts) -

@SomeJerk said:

A PC port that isn't a consolized depressing mess with a FOV that lets me spot and properly identify postage stamp from a mile away and mouse acceleration from hell. I need nothing more. NOTHING.

You could adjust PC FoV in the first Borderlands in config files and there is a sweet user friendly launcher that does that and more (like adjust mouse settings)

#37 Edited by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -

@sthusby: 1. No dubstep.

@Azteck said:

@scarace360 said:
I said the same. I can't stand that crap software

Holy hell Gamespy still exists?

#38 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Loot that isn't all trash. You might have 87 gazillion guns, but that doesn't mean jack shit if it's all trash. I mean...some of it has to be good to make you want to find more.

They missed that intangible quality that makes a good loot game in the first one.

Also, better character skill trees. First game's were complete garbage, and there was only one viable path for each class to take.

#39 Posted by DoctorTran (1549 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

@DoctorTran said:

This was confirmed in their recent interview. except that your 2 friends will have to join you, not the other way around it seems.

Either way, that will be great.

#40 Posted by pitboy2710 (12 posts) -

More NPC's. The world felt empty in the first game.

#41 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind said:

It needs better balance too, if you have Lilith on your party, there's no point in anyone else being there, as she can simply phase walk/use phoenix through all the enemies and instantly kill almost everything, she's so ridiculously over powered, it's not even funny.

Man, I came here to type this exact same thing. Like during the original Borderlands listening to Jeff talk about how awesome the soldier could be as a support class got me hyped up to play it since it's my favorite role in team based gameplay. Turns out that was a wash though since I played the entire game co-op with someone playing Lilith and I spent most of my time sitting afk in a corner because he didn't want me splitting up the mobs because it made it harder for him to walk beside them. 

Seriously, despite the game being fun Lilith completely broke it. I hope they fix it and make the other classes good, if not my team is going to be 4x Lilith this time.
#42 Posted by LTSmash (613 posts) -

More guns, but not TOO many.

#43 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4358 posts) -

Naked Moxxi. I'd like to see her Underdome...

lol, seriously though, I can't think of anything. Besides the slow start to the first game, I'd say it pretty much nailed every department for me. I guess more enemy variety would be nice. Also, give each tree more skills I guess. I hoenstly don't know lol. I just want the damn game.

#44 Edited by Yummylee (21467 posts) -

All I really need is a more vibrant and active world, and more spoken dialogue over text regarding the quests. General Knoxx basically alleviated both of those issues to some extent, so if they build upon those improvements in Borderlands 2, then it's all gravy.

#45 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10822 posts) -

Reload canceling. Has someone said reload canceling? I'm going to say it again anyway. Reload canceling.

Moderator Online
#46 Posted by GloriousDinosaur (433 posts) -

More balanced gun-elemental damage. Fire was overpowered compared to lightning/eclectricity and the toher one (toxic?)

#47 Posted by Nodachie (77 posts) -

Ninja with a sword...wait what?

never mind...

(sweetness)

#48 Posted by BelligerentEngine (344 posts) -

A way to make your vault hunter visually distinctive. Preferably different equip-able armors even if they're only single piece items that represent a full suit.

If you really want to take the loot lust to the next level that's what I need.

#49 Posted by stryker1121 (1392 posts) -

- Enemy variety

-Robust, interesting and populated overworld

-Better handling vehicles

-THE BIGGIE--meaningful loot at higher levels for solo players. In fact, a realization that people are going to play this solo, and crafting the campaign and game experience thusly. Gearbox failed at this in BL1.

#50 Posted by onimonkii (2432 posts) -

more borderlands

steamworks support

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.