Character heads and skins with Borderlands 1 Save Data

#1 Posted by bigsmoke77 (778 posts) -

A little reward for Borderland veterans!

The new Siren's stuff is kinda "meh" but the Berserker is pretty awesome! Don't really need to be hyped for this game anymore, worst part is I have to wait 1-2 days for shipping for my copy to show up!

#2 Posted by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

Liking Zer0's spiderant head. Sal's is pretty sweet too.

#3 Posted by _Chad (956 posts) -

The Siren head looks like Tannis.

#4 Posted by bigsmoke77 (778 posts) -

@ChadMasterFlash: It totally is, nice memory.

#5 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

love some borderlands. but i don't understand the fascination with skins in a first person game. you can't see yourself so why does it matter?

#6 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2071 posts) -

Those skins are UGLY. Why would I wear a huge advertisement on my shirt in the sequel to the game being advertised?

Those hats/masks/heads/whateveryoucallit are pretty cool though

#7 Posted by lxXShiroXxl (12 posts) -

I like the way that they included zer0 in just to appease all the ub3r 1337 plaerz, who need to be ninjaya and pwn newb.

They could have just left the hunter in.

Oh wait, replacing the 1337 quicksqoper with the ninjaya.

Good move Gearbox, you will not be getting my money.

#8 Posted by JoeyRavn (4886 posts) -

I hope my save is on the Steam Cloud somewhere...

@lxXShiroXxl: What are you talking about? You seem extremely pissed at something you say you don't care for.

#9 Posted by fox01313 (5032 posts) -

The idea of doing this is better than some silly character skin that looks exactly like the previous game, that being said these don't look all that great over the new characters in this sequel.

#10 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3325 posts) -

@phrali said:

love some borderlands. but i don't understand the fascination with skins in a first person game. you can't see yourself so why does it matter?

Because you can also see your skins when entering or existing a vehicle, when driving a vehicle, when using a gunner seat in a vehicle, when looking through the menus, during cutscenes, and perhaps even some other examples that we don't know about just yet.

#11 Posted by bigsmoke77 (778 posts) -

@lxXShiroXxl: Your"anger" doesn't make any sense, borderland snipers are not like quick scoping COD or anything.

#12 Posted by _Chad (956 posts) -
 @bigsmoke77 said:

@lxXShiroXxl: Your"anger" doesn't make any sense, borderland snipers are not like quick scoping COD or anything.

guy's a troll all his posts are complaining something sucks or telling everyone they suck.
#13 Edited by Krakn3Dfx (2480 posts) -

Loved Borderlands, have Borderlands 2 pre-ordered.

These skins look like shit.

Still super excited about Borderlands 2.

#14 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

The heads aren't fantastic, but I quite like the red and orange costumes everyone gets. I probably would have preferred if you just got skins for the old playable characters, but I guess they'll be unlockable some other away.

#15 Posted by hbkdx12 (779 posts) -
@Krakn3Dfx said:

Loved Borderlands, have Borderlands 2 pre-ordered.

These skins look like shit.

Still super excited about Borderlands 2.

I concur
#16 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Wait, what?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.