Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Does all red text do something special on guns?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By golguin

I know for orange legendary the red text on the guns gives a hint about special things it could do even if its not always apparent, but does the same go for blue guns? The gun that Marcus gives out on The Chosen one has a unique skin with crude drawings and it has some red text, but I shot the gun and it didn't seem to do anything special. I've seen other blues with red text and they didn't seem special either (not counting the talking guns).

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By golguin
    Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Karkarov

That site while accurate on effects isn't accurate on acquisition. I have gotten alot of those named effects from random enemy drops and even from the slot machines.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By morrelloman

This wiki says that some of the best class mods can be bought from a vendor. Does it matter which one?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Karkarov said:

That site while accurate on effects isn't accurate on acquisition. I have gotten alot of those named effects from random enemy drops and even from the slot machines.

The way unique loot works now is that everything has a chance to drop everything, this includes unique items appearing in chests or vending machines (as well as weapons in slots). So while you can always get an item randomly from somewhere else, there are certain bosses that have a much higher % chance to drop that particular item.

(unique quest loot excluded obv.)

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Karkarov

@Tennmuerti: Fair enough! Funny thing is every orange I have seen (other than quest rewards) has always been random. Named dudes have mostly dropped poop for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.