Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Doubtful that I'll buy this...

• 51 results
    nodachie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nodachie

For the past few years I have had a keen sense on what games to buy. This is probably my lengthy history of game research and love of GB. I have had good feelings about the Souls games, Fallout and even Borderlands. Purchased them without even glimpsing at a review. Now this game is coming and I do not have that same sense about it...maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like it wont be all that great.

What do you think?

Do you have that same "sixth game sense"?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#2  Edited By Slag

@Nodachie: I guess my "sixth game sense" must be broken then.

I was thinking about buying this to play co-op with old buds and I didn't even consider buying borderlands 1.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I don't have a sixth sense, but I will do a lot of research before I buy a game, and I'm almost never sorry that I did. LA Noire was my last purchase that ended up a massive disappointment, and I can't even think of one before that.

With that said, Borderlands was my favorite game of 2009, and I'm seriously anticipating the sequel.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By laserbolts

I have that sense as well but mine is better than yours so I'll be getting Borderlands 2 day one.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Portis

I just buy games I'm interested in, and don't buy games I'm not interested in. Don't really care about reviews at this point, I don't even read them.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

You should buy this. It's the best game I've played in possibly years. It's everything you loved about Borderlands and more, less of the things you didn't like, but more polished. I've put about 25 hours into it so far and can't wait to play more.

For anyone that enjoyed the first game, Borderlands 2 is a must buy.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BraveToaster

I just buy what I think I'll like the most. I loved Borderlands, so more of it is a good thing.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By McGhee

@MB said:

You should buy this. It's the best game I've played in possibly years. It's everything you loved about Borderlands 2 and more, less of the things you didn't like, but more polished. I've put about 25 hours into it so far and can't wait to play more.

For anyone that enjoyed the first game, Borderlands 2 is a must buy.

Pshh don't bother me with things like "time spent playing the game" and "informed opinions". I use my sixth gaming sense in conjunction with the zodiac and a modified magic eight ball to determine all of my gaming purchases.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I'm doubtful "sixth senses" exist and have seen extensive footage of this game and all signs point to it being great from my perspective.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bybeach

I understand what you mean. You kind of have a sense a game be good. I was getting this over Sleeping Dogs. But i have this for Borderlands 2 also. why..nothing really spooky, I listen to other ppl. opinions and such, especially some I think are on the level, and that is where that feeling of credidbility comes in. Something rings some kind of tone. Good or bad. That plus some other indicators..you get a feel.

Only thing about really negative about Borderlands 2 I've gotton so far was MB(ask me me anything thread) didn't like the difficulty of the go-at -it alone SP. Thats exactly how I want to play, with the commando he was using. Maybe not so many points into turret..or some such. IDK big time. Made my ears pick up tho'. And I understood that one question about the thumper smg, I didn't like them either in the long run...

preordered and preloaded, I will find out.

nodachie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nodachie

@MB: "For anyone that enjoyed the first game, Borderlands 2 is a must buy."

Alright, you've convinced me. Just peeked at your previous forum and reading that has won me over.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShaggE

Getting vibes of varying accuracy over future game releases: Terrible Superpower #3965.

JackOhara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JackOhara

To be honest I would wait for at least a little while until the 'Wow new game!!' buzz in the press and opinions of everyone who buys it dies down so you can hear some legitimate/realistic critiques. A popular example of this is what happened with Skyrim. It seems like everyone on the internet was positively jizzing themselves in delight over Skyrim when it first came out. It took months for the hype to die down and for people to realize that it's the same game Bethesda has been making since the 90's. Same shitty combat, same NPCs with buckets of dialogue that you usually have to skip through to get to their transparent fetch quests. Not to start a rant over TES, but yea, I would wait.

Disco_Steak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Disco_Steak

It's currently pre-loaded on my PC and I wish time would move faster! It's right there, teasing me! I am so stoked!

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By haggis

I do have a sense when I want to play a game, but know I probably won't like it. I had it before the first Borderlands, and bought it anyway. And I was right: it didn't really suit me. I've had it with other games as well, and I'm almost always right. Other games I never have much issue: just about any game from Bethesda or Bioware, for instance. I'll like them well enough. I'm starting to get that same warning tingle with Dishonored, so I'm going to hold off on it for reviews. On the other hand, I didn't hesitate much to pre-order XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Then again, I've been playing video games for thirty years, so I'd better have a good idea by now about what I'm likely to enjoy and what I'll dislike.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By fattony12000

Buy games that you want to play.

If you don't feel like playing a game, then don't buy that game.

If and when you do feel like playing a game, buy that game.

That's about the all the sense you need.

It's fine to run hot and cold on things, if you're feeling cold on something right now, play one of the other thousands of other games around and maybe you'll warm up to it later, or get it on a Steam Sale.

#teamsteamsummersale

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

My gamer's instinct made me buy Borderlands in store a week after release, and I didn't know a single thing about it.
    Its one of the best games I ever played, so they got me hooked for 2 and even if its remotely like 1 I'll be happy.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By l4wd0g

I love the first one and everything being said about 2 has me sold. Sold twice actually. I'll be playing it in 17 hours on Steam and again on my 360 (because different friends have different systems). My poor wallet.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By Humanity

I've noticed my 6th sense is often just misguided anticipation. In retrospect SSX wasn't the greatest full price purchase. Guild Wars 2 I thought was going to be awesome but it turned out to be just a typical mmo experience.

I'm torn on Borderlands 2 because I didn't really enjoy the first one that much but the the sequel is looking pretty good and this time around I'll have people to play with,

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I hardly buy games anymore because I'm constantly afraid of buyer's remorse. Also I didn't really enjoy the first Borderlands that much.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TruthTellah

@Nodachie: Glad you changed your mind and will check out the ol Borderlands 2.

Remember that our "sixth sense" isn't always pure, as advertising, unrelated emotions and sense of security, and broader media and social factors influence its direction. We may feel that we are always autonomous, but we must remember that part of that sense of autonomy is misguided. We are part of this world, and it does actively flow in and out of us. We can't always trust that our inklings truly represent the best for us and not just what the world around us may make us feel is the best for us.

Anyway, beyond the more philosophical statement, I hope you enjoy being awesome and blowing up shit in Borderlands 2.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By l4wd0g
    Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well you had that "sense" about Fallout (and I assume you mean Fallout 3), so I don't trust you at all, that game is one of the most overrated games in a long long time.

I didn't like Borderlands that much, but 2 looks like it is going to be great.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By alternate

It isn't a mystical sense, you just know which genres you enjoy. Prat

Prymet1me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Prymet1me

pre ordered and pre loaded on my pc OP

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#26  Edited By Kidavenger

@MB said:

"It's everything you loved about Borderlands and more"

They need to put this on the back of the box.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ExplodeMode

Not being into Borderlands is a sixth sense? I have the shittiest super power ever.

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By Wraxend

With so many games that come out and at £40/$60 I always pay close attention to GBs thoughts as they normally line up with my gaming taste. Hell I played the Asura's Wrath demo and didn't care for it but after listening to many podcasts with them going on about I decided to pick it up... And loved the whole experience! And because of this I trust GB and when they said that they didn't need to play Bordrlands2 at E3 because they just knew it was gonna be good well I believed them and slapped down my Pre-order there and then.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dagbiker

I also have the super human ability to tell what games are fun. I call it "Emotion."

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Shabs

@Nodachie said:

For the past few years I have had a keen sense on what games to buy. This is probably my lengthy history of game research and love of GB. I have had good feelings about the Souls games, Fallout and even Borderlands. Purchased them without even glimpsing at a review. Now this game is coming and I do not have that same sense about it...maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like it wont be all that great.

What do you think?

You know what you like. If you're not feeling it, don't buy it. Good call. Better not waste money.

I try to avoid purchasing sequels to games I love if I've lost interest. (eg. loved Arkham Asylum, don't even have the slightest interest in Arkham City, ditto for Rock Band 2 vs Rock Band 3/Blitz)

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JoeyRavn

I'm so fucking hyped about this game that I pre-ordered the Vault Hunter Edition. Love me some Marcus bobbleheads.

@Dagbiker said:

I also have the super human ability to tell what games are fun. I call it "Emotion."

You intrigue me. What is this feeling you humans call... love?

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DharmaBum

I really liked the first game for its charm and gun personality, but there's no escaping that you're playing a "pull L-trigger, pull R-trigger, dump on these guys" while kickin it with friends, grind game. Borderlands 2 seems to have kept the original's agenda and naturally improved on certain issues, but the feedback loop is too apparent and eventually feels monotonous. Gonna wait on playing it with so many other games competing for my attention this fall.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By project343

All IGN could muster up was the lack of improved driving controls and FFA loot. Those are super minuscule complaints. Your sixth sense is broken.

Cogzwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By Cogzwell

I actually do have this sixth sense, I felt it about Rage, Brink, and Homefront, and also Damnation but that wasn't hard. I think this game is going to be great, even if its not a massive improvement on the first, more of it is still good.

Unlogik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Unlogik

Not sure if I have a "sixth sense" about video games — but my quija board told me to buy it.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Wacomole

My sixth sense tell me that I'll be able to pull the trigger on my controller and "see dead people" (and robots, skags and rakks). Lots of them. Exploding, melting, burning.... oh, the screams.. bwahahahahaha! Ahem. er...Sold.

I practically ignored the first game as I was not really feeling the art style and kept thinking "I'll get it during a sale". Then Sony put it up for free on PS+ recently and I've been playing it ever since and enjoying the ever-loving hell out of it.

So yes, I'll be buying the next one. It may just take me while to get around to actually playing it as I've still got all the first game's DLC to play through.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By yinstarrunner

I liked Borderlands, but it felt like artificial fun to me. More like it was pumping endorphines into my brain than actually stimulating me in any way. Luckily, the co-op really saved it. I played through it three times with different friends. I don't think im ready to climb back on that treadmill for 2, though.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MezZa

My senses tell me that I won't be doing anything but Borderlands 2 for quite some time.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Cloudenvy

My senses tell me that I won't like Borderlands 2 since I didn't like Borderlands.

That's just my senses though!

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ervonymous

No sixth sense, just the lingering disappointment of them playing it safe with the skill trees.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nodachie said:

What do you think?

Reviews so far have been fantastic. By the same token, early reviews must be taken with lots of salt.

I'm really excited about it. I also don't think that your so-called sixth-sense is just decent marketing of a solid product by the companies involved.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By wardcleaver

That is awesome the you have a sixth sense, although it must be annoying to see dead people all the time.

I put in probably close to 100 enjoyable hours on the first game, so getting B2 is no-brainer.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#43  Edited By Slag

@Nodachie said:

@MB: "For anyone that enjoyed the first game, Borderlands 2 is a must buy."

Alright, you've convinced me. Just peeked at your previous forum and reading that has won me over.

damn straight dude. props for being open to new info

IMHO better decisions are always made with adequate information.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#44  Edited By huntad

I just didn't like the quest structure or the weapons in Borderlands 1. I got bored. It felt like an MMO, and I'm sick of MMO quests. Anyways, glad people are liking it. I'm going to rent it.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Sanity

I love the direction this thread took.

shway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By shway

I bet it'll be alright, that said I'm not buying it due to the fact im prab ganna play some wow panda edition and halo 4 soon enough. (aka) I'll just be throwing money away

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ozzdog12

@Portis said:

I just buy games I'm interested in, and don't buy games I'm not interested in. Don't really care about reviews at this point, I don't even read them.

Kinda this, I'll skim over them

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jozzy

@Village_Guy said:

Well you had that "sense" about Fallout (and I assume you mean Fallout 3), so I don't trust you at all, that game is one of the most overrated games in a long long time.

Serious question, what makes Borderlands 2 so different that you think this looks great even though you didn't like the first one that much? General consensus seems to be that this is an awesome game for people who liked the first one, but it will not change your mind if you didn't.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Sploder

I'm not really feeling it tbh

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jozzy said:

@Village_Guy said:

Serious question, what makes Borderlands 2 so different that you think this looks great even though you didn't like the first one that much? General consensus seems to be that this is an awesome game for people who liked the first one, but it will not change your mind if you didn't.

That is a great question but I'm not sure I can answer it. First of all I would mention the visuals, as I didn't like them that much in the original Borderlands (too much brown, not enough color). Secondly the guns got too repetitive too fast, which people who have played Borderlands 2 say is much better. Thirdly there wasn't really a class that fit my playstyle to well in the original Borderlands, whereas in Borderlands 2 the Gunzerker seems more appropriate for my playstyle.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.