Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Favorite Gun Manufacturer

• 88 results
    mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mikey87144

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mikey87144

It's a slight toss up between Maliwan and Jakobs for me but I like Maliwan best.

Mageknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Mageknight

Dahl weapons are pretty great. I like their balanced stats and burst fire while zoomed, plus I like their visual design a lot. Jakobs is a close second purely for their amazing revolvers.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Sooperspy

Jakobs by far. My 4 main weapons as of now are all Jakobs.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MikkaQ

As a gunzerker, Vladov weapons feel great. It's a lot of fun to dual wield two powerful, but insanely rapid-firing assault rifles.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

I really like the Bandit weapons designs and their purposely awful spelling. Plus they have incredibly powerful sounding shotguns. I'm not a huge fan of the Jakobs guns anymore. They just don't quite have the same feel as they did in the original, and most didn't carry over that classic wooden-made look and now just look like generic sci-fi guns. They make some damn fine sniper rifles, though.

Maliwan are still fantastic because of dat element damage, and they also look super snazzy with a cool glow to them. Most of 'em look like they're right out of Halo. Torque are pretty solid, especially their shotguns considering they all shoot rockets. I honestly never bother with Tediore since they're mostly kinda meh. I'm not so much of a fan of the Hyperion guns either, with that weird 'shoot more to increase accuracy' gimmick they all have. It's... unique, but it doesn't make them any more fun nor effective to use. I haven't even found any Eridian yet, besides that one they give you for an early quest, so I can't comment on those.

Vladof and Dahl are kinda... generic, frankly. I don't go out of my way to avoid their guns, though I also don't often come across anything noteworthy from them, either. It just recently occured to me that the Atlas manufactured guns aren't in here anymore. Then again considering the entire organisation was pretty much terminated (?) it makes sense.

EDIT: Oh, and I voted for Bandits. Maliwan definitely comes in second, though.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By chilibean_3

Can't beat a Jacobs when it comes to their non elemental stuff. But lately I've been moving more towards Vadof's sniper rifles.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

I'm playing as the Siren so Maliwan weapons are for me. I do have a soft spot for Jacobs though.

"Remeber, if it took more than one shot, you weren't using a Jacobs."

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wacomole

Anyone but Tediore.

Sure it's cool the first few times you reload and throw the gun as a grenade killing a dude, but then you realise just how wasteful they can be on ammo.

Years of playing shooters has got me into the habit of "reload whenever you get a chance so you don't get caught out at a crucial moment", so using a Tediore gun without consciously thinking about my reload strategy I was still shooting a dude, reloading, going "damn" as I literally threw away 3/4 of a magazine. I later basically didn't even bother to pick up anything Tediore even when the stats were better I'd see the manufacturer and groan.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mikey87144

@MoleyUK said:

Anyone but Tediore.

Sure it's cool the first few times you reload and throw the gun as a grenade killing a dude, but then you realise just how wasteful they can be on ammo.

Years of playing shooters has got me into the habit of "reload whenever you get a chance so you don't get caught out at a crucial moment", so using a Tediore gun without consciously thinking about my reload strategy I was still shooting a dude, reloading, going "damn" as I literally threw away 3/4 of a magazine. I later basically didn't even bother to pick up anything Tediore even when the stats were better I'd see the manufacturer and groan.

Exactly why I stopped using them.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

Definitely Maliwan and Vladof.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Undeadpool

I mostly roll with a Jakobs until an exotic enemy pops up, then I Gunzerk into a back-up of the appropriate "element."

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By _Zombie_

Maliwan, hands down.

Vinyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vinyl

As a siren, Maliwan all the way, dude.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By HH

i like how the Torgue guns feel when they fire, plus they slay

Amilmitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Amilmitt

Jacobs revolver - Accurate heavy dmg

maliwan SMG - burn things quickly

Tediore Rocket launcher - (throw it as a rocket on reload)

hyperion shotgun - more you shoot the more accurate it gets.

certain manufactures work really well for specific types of guns.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By Barrabas

I'm not really paying too much attention to the gun manufacturer when picking weapons, but I have noticed I end up with a lot of Jakobs pistols. The high damage plus shooting as fast as you can pull the trigger make those real dangerous in close quarters.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By _Zombie_

@Barrabas said:

I'm not really paying too much attention to the gun manufacturer when picking weapons, but I have noticed I end up with a lot of Jakobs pistols. The high damage plus shooting as fast as you can pull the trigger make those real dangerous in close quarters.

Same here. They saved my ass on the Bloodshot Ramparts.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MikeGosot
    @MoleyUK said:

Anyone but Tediore.

I like them. I knew that never reloading would be great one day.
    bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By bkbroiler

Jacbos. The pistols are too much fun. And the snipers are really powerful, though I'm using a Maliwan right now. So those are second.

Xylase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Xylase

@Yummylee said:

I really like the Bandit weapons designs and their purposely awful spelling. Plus they have incredibly powerful sounding shotguns. I'm not a huge fan of the Jakobs guns anymore. They just don't quite have the same feel as they did in the original, and most didn't carry over that classic wooden-made look and now just look like generic sci-fi guns. They make some damn fine sniper rifles, though.

Maliwan are still fantastic because of dat element damage, and they also look super snazzy with a cool glow to them. Most of 'em look like they're right out of Halo. Torque are pretty solid, especially their shotguns considering they all shoot rockets. I honestly never bother with Tediore since they're mostly kinda meh. I'm not so much of a fan of the Hyperion guns either, with that weird 'shoot more to increase accuracy' gimmick they all have. It's... unique, but it doesn't make them any more fun nor effective to use. I haven't even found any Eridian yet, besides that one they give you for an early quest, so I can't comment on those.

Vladof and Dahl are kinda... generic, frankly. I don't go out of my way to avoid their guns, though I also don't often come across anything noteworthy from them, either. It just recently occured to me that the Atlas manufactured guns aren't in here anymore. Then again considering the entire organisation was pretty much terminated (?) it makes sense.

EDIT: Oh, and I voted for Bandits. Maliwan definitely comes in second, though.

I keep a Hyperion around just in case I get killed. It's pretty effective when you're down and can't iron sight, you can just hold down the trigger and fire accurately. Unlike everyone other weapon type where you have to burst fire to maintain any kind of accuracy.

That said, I prefer Jacob pistols.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By connerthekewlkid

as a commando i love vladof assault rifles

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I would have to say Jakobs. I love the look and feel of their guns. Fanning the hammer on revolvers is badass. I also really like Dahl, though I wish that EVERY gun didn't have a burst fire when aiming down the sights. Vladof has some truly excellent automatic weapons, too. 

My least favorite is probably Torgue. I dislike the checkered pattern on every gun, and the projectiles are usually really slow relative to the other manufacturers. Maybe I just haven't come across anything real special from Torgue yet, but you just always seem to know exactly what you're getting with them, probably because they are all explosive. I will say that some of the Torgue shotguns are fucking beastly, though.

aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By aleryn

Maliwan when they're lacking that multi-bullet-per-use-shot nonsense. Second would be Vladof - especially their high fire-rate machine pistols. Black and sickle!

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By 49th

Torgue is awesome, just walk up to a guy with your EXPLODING shotgun and do close to 1k damage in 1 hit.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Tennmuerti

Depends on the type of weapon.

Currently on me playthrough 2 rampage gunzerker:

• SMG - Maliwan, gotta get that elemental effect on son, plus Moxxi can hook me up with a purp fire smg anytime i need
    • Pistol - don't use that much, but when i do either Jacobs or Vladov
    • AR - usually Vladov
    • RPG - Tediore, fast reload and basically an extra rocket on reload are great, basically removes the one main downside of rocket launchers. A Tediore RPG is usually always in my 4th slot to get second wind when needed.
    • Shotgun - Bandit baby, for the clip, again rarely use
    • Sniper rifle - VLADOV I accept no substitute as my main sniper rifle, high dmg, huge automatic fire rate, scoped and unscoped while gunzerkering, DEVASTATING, Maliwan as a secondary due to lower recoil lower/fire rate, high crit/ele chance. The two rifles are both automatic but Maliwan counterbalances the Vladovs huge recoil and fire rate. I can snipe while dualwielding or go full auto for close up work. Spin both of these babies up to full gunzerker charge speed and they are basically firing as fast as SMG/AR but you know with sniper rifle damage values :P

Hyperion is the only brand i totally ignore, which is weird couse they seem to be made especially for a gunzerker.

Who would have fucking thought that the best weapons to dual wield for my gunzerker would be - sniper rifles ...

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By _Zombie_

@Tennmuerti said:

Who would have fucking thought that the best weapons to dual wield for my gunzerker would be - sniper rifles ...

Sniper rifles are the shit for gunzerking, man.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Tennmuerti

@zombiebigfoot said:

@Tennmuerti said:

Sniper rifles are the shit for gunzerking, man.

Word.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By golguin

@mikey87144 said:

@MoleyUK said:

Anyone but Tediore.

Exactly why I stopped using them.

Same. I always reload after expending ammo and getting a kill. It's a habit that can't be undone after all those years of games.

For me its Maliwan and then Jakobs. However, I use whatever is the best at the time.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By hbkdx12

As others have stated, it depends on the type of gun

But i pretty much avoid tediore like the fuckin plague. It requires too much thought to NOT reload whenever i get a chance. 

Hyperion is the 2nd most avoided. I find it wastes too many bullets before the reticule becomes effective.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

Probably Jakobs and Vladof, Tediore for rocket launchers though

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#32  Edited By Soap

I'm not a huge way in yet, but it's got to be Maliwan for me so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maliwan. Hyperion second because I like their design, especially the rare black/gold/red ones.

j3ffro919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By j3ffro919

Primarily Maliwan with some Jacobs, but I'll try anything that isn't Hyperion. I've been a short burst shooter too long to make their mechanics work for me.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tourge. Every AR i use as a commando is Tourge, but I just got that Dahl rife off of Mordecai after chapter 15 and it's pretty sweet.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#36  Edited By Dagbiker

Maliwan or Vadof

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#37  Edited By GunstarRed

I picked up a purple Maliwan SMG in a cave. (with the windy, reload disc on it) It has really high fire damage and a really high percentage for setting things alight. It has been good for ten or so levels and is only just starting to be a little underpowered. Love that gun... best thing about it is that I didn't get it from killing an enemy or a chest, it was just laying on the ground in that cave where the bugs constantly fight the cult.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pyrodactyl

@Amilmitt said:

Jacobs revolver - Accurate heavy dmg

maliwan SMG - burn things quickly

Tediore Rocket launcher - (throw it as a rocket on reload)

hyperion shotgun - more you shoot the more accurate it gets.

certain manufactures work really well for specific types of guns.

I prefer jacobs for the shotguns. As zero I need maximum damage output in a single shot when I'm coming out of stealth.

With Jacobs, I got a triple barrel shotgun that does 54x17 around level 11 or 12.

Still my main weapon at level 15 and still ripping fools appart. You shoot any guy with that and a 250%+20%+40%(kill skill) bonus critical hits and they just explode.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BoFooQ

I voted for tediore cause I love the throwing your gun idea. However I only use them for rocket launchers and shotguns. Hyperion is the one I usually trash right away.

Also thanks for the idea, I'm going to have to try gunzerker with dual snipers.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#40  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

@Mageknight said:

Dahl weapons are pretty great. I like their balanced stats and burst fire while zoomed, plus I like their visual design a lot. Jakobs is a close second purely for their amazing revolvers.

This, pretty much. I use a Dahl machine gun that works wonders as both a mob killer and as a weak sniper rifle. Combine that with my rocket launcher during gunzerking, and I've got a great boss killing combination.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ShaggE

@MoleyUK said:

Anyone but Tediore.

I felt the same way until I got a Tediore shotgun that, when reloaded, homes in on an enemy while constantly firing (even if it's empty), then explodes in their face. It is wonderful.

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By koolaid

Like everyone else, I like Jakobs and Maliwan. But in the end I went with Hyperion. I like to hit what I shoot at, and I just do more damage overall because of it.

I can tell you for sure which one I like the least. I can't hit a thing with Torgue rockets!

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By supamon

Maliwan, always maliwan. But its usually more about trying out a gun and getting a feel for it since some guns are awesome even though it doesnt look like it.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By _Zombie_

@ShaggE said:

@MoleyUK said:

Anyone but Tediore.

I felt the same way until I got a Tediore shotgun that, when reloaded, homes in on an enemy while constantly firing (even if it's empty), then explodes in their face. It is wonderful.

That sounds sexy.

On a side-note, I seem to be describing things as 'sexy' and 'hot' more often since I started playing this game..

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Pinworm45

Hyperion, at least for Shotguns. Getting more accurate as you shoot works incredibly well - kill a close range guy, then snipe a long range guy. Very fun.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#46  Edited By BeachThunder

Honestly, I can't say I have much of a preference; also, I haven't really noticed most of the differences outside of plain aesthetics. If it seems good, then I'll keep it.

Dermont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Dermont

Like the original borderlands, Dahl all the way for me. A burst sniper rifle is the closest I am getting to the battle rifles from the original. I like them since I don't need to worry about if a dude is resistance what I am firing with my rare gun. They also have some Elemental damage models that are nice, so if I need to Ill switch to them.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Hitchenson

Maliwan all the way.

Avatar image for frenchfriedfool
    FrenchFriedFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#49  Edited By FrenchFriedFool

As a Gunzerker I am contractually obligated to say "VLADOF REPRESENT."

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Tennmuerti

@BeachThunder: The differences between manufacturers are quite profound and easy to notice:

• Torgue all shoot slow moving rocket propelled explosive projectiles instead of bullets
    • Dahl weapons have three shot burst while zoomed in
    • Tediore has super fast reload because you just throw the gun away like an explosive
    • Maliwan are always elemental and all have a higher elemental effect chance then any other manufacturer
    • Bandit weapons have the biggest clip sizes
    • Jacobs have higher damage and are all manual (non automatic) but fire super fast if you are trigger happy (except sniper rifles)
    • Vladov are good all round fully automatic weapons, even their pistols are fully auto and sniper rifles have very fast fire rate
    • Hyperion have a reverse recoil effect, start firing inaccurate but reduce the spread as you keep shooting
    • Eridian modified weapons actually use other manufacturers as a base and completely change the weapon brojectiles for all types into different energy based kind, do huge damage, but consume double the ammo

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.