Fourth DLC Announced: Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep

#1 Posted by JoeyRavn (4992 posts) -

Following a leak earlier today, Gearbox has confirmed that the fourth and final campaign add-on in Borderlands 2’s Season Pass is Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep. The pack will be released on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on June 25th for free to Season Pass holders, or for $9.99 (800 Microsoft Points) to anyone else.

The add-on revolves around a game of Bunkers & Badasses -- Pandora’s version of Dungeons & Dragons -- led by Tiny Tina. Original Vault Hunters Brick, Mordecai and Lilith are gathered around a table playing through Bunkers & Badasses and you are a character in their game. You'll experience their game as part of Borderlands 2 with Tina serving as dungeon master, narrating the action as it happens and even changing boss attributes, location details, character names and much more on the fly.

IGN had a chance to play through early parts of Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep, so look out for more details and our impressions coming later this month.

Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep marks the fourth add-on released as part of theBorderlands 2 Season Pass, following Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty in October, Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage in November and Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt in December.

As Gearbox teased at PAX East, Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep is the biggestBorderlands 2 DLC yet and is being developed entirely by the internal Gearbox team.

Source: IGN

I guess this is gonna make so many people... happy? I can't say I care for Tiny Tina, and the way Gearbox has been including bosses that are almost unbeatable if playing solo has been a major turn off for me... But I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

#2 Edited by MentalDisruption (1642 posts) -

I'm glad they went with the idea of it being a made up story happening within the game. That should make for some interesting scenarios if they play it out right. I guess the Tiny Tina involvement will irritate some people, but I've never had a problem with her. I just wish the end game didn't feel so tedious. I'll probably play through this dlc while I level up Krieg so I can see its story, but I can't see this suddenly recapturing that borderlands 1 addiction for me.

#3 Posted by President_Barackbar (3467 posts) -

Oh awesome, they took one of the most hated characters from the base game and made an add-on revolving around her. This can only go well.

#4 Posted by bushpusherr (809 posts) -

I really like the idea of stuff changing on the fly and all that, but Tiny Tiny is just the worst. If it was anyone else as the narrator I would probably play this, but definitely not now.

#5 Edited by gaminghooligan (1464 posts) -

Man, I want more BL2... but Tiny Tina was just awful imo. That voice acting was like nails on a chalk board for me. Still, I think I can suffer through it for more loot.

#6 Posted by Capum15 (4925 posts) -

The title of the thread alone made me smile because of all the impending rage.

+1 to Gearbox

#7 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

Man, I want more BL2... but Tiny Tina was just awful imo. That voice acting was like nails on a chalk board for me. Still, I think I can suffer through it for more loot.

This is what happens when the voice actress is the sister of a writer on the game. Nepotism!

#8 Posted by StarvingGamer (8371 posts) -

If haters were taters.

I'm excited, I thought Tiny Tina was a great character.

#9 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Ugh, more fucking Tiny Tina. No thanks.

#10 Posted by RupertTheBear (190 posts) -

So its gonna be like Game of thrones with borderlands? If it is then id like to see a opening version of Pandora similar to Game of Thrones

#11 Posted by tonyp2121 (169 posts) -

I think Tiny Tina has got to be one of the most "you love em or you hate em" characters. I personally thought she was hilarious but I could see how she'd get annoying fast. Regardless I'm excited for this DLC, I like the idea of playing in a a game like Borderlands in a fantasy setting could be really good mixing those two elements together.

#12 Edited by MEATBALL (3319 posts) -

I like Tiny Tina, I almost kind of hope she's extra Tiny Tina just to further piss off the people who whinge about her. >_> But if she's tolerable to everyone that would be cool too, I guess. :P

Here's hoping she's extra "racist".

#13 Posted by Vonocourt (2140 posts) -

I wonder if this means the combat scenarios are going to be procedurally generated, interesting way to integrate that aspect into the story through Tiny Tina's dungeon mastering. I'm actually looking forward to this DLC now just to see how they handle it, cuz it might be a whiff like Dynamic Difficulty.

#14 Edited by RupertTheBear (190 posts) -

I always see Tiny Tina as the annoying long distance cousin/niece who is going through a ghetto phase. Sure you'll find her annoying but she's part of your dysfunctional borderlands family . Maybe in Borderlands 3 she'll probably grow out of that phase and enter a new one (maniac pixie girl?)

#15 Posted by EchoEcho (830 posts) -

I like Tiny Tina in concept, but the actual execution made me want to cut my ears off and drown in my own blood. But I have the Season Pass, so I will end up playing this anyway. Maybe the rest of the package will be good enough for me to look past Tiny Tina herself.

#16 Edited by believer258 (11986 posts) -

She is the worst thing about that game. I won't be playing this.

#17 Posted by JoeyRavn (4992 posts) -

@echoecho said:

I like Tiny Tina in concept, but the actual execution made me want to cut my ears off and drown in my own blood.

Tiny Tina is basically Ashly Burch playing Ashly Burch on cocaine. I can see how some people may find that enjoyable, but even regular Ashly Burch is too much for me.

#18 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1671 posts) -

If haters were taters.

I'm excited, I thought Tiny Tina was a great character.

Thank you ... she was a perfectly fine character, the hate she gets is dumb.

#19 Edited by Humanity (9582 posts) -

Well it's nice that Anthony is making sure his sister stays employed. Also this is definitely better than releasing another class, although I wonder how many people that bought the game at launch will still have any interest in this? I really enjoyed the base game but once I had finished it and gotten a bit into Game+ there was a very clear moment of "ok I've had enough"

#20 Posted by golguin (3964 posts) -

I'm not a Tiny Tina hater and I used to play AD&D when I was a kid so this sounds super fun.

#21 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3813 posts) -

@humanity said:

Well it's nice that Anthony is making sure his sister stays employed. Also this is definitely better than releasing another class, although I wonder how many people that bought the game at launch will still have any interest in this? I really enjoyed the base game but once I had finished it and gotten a bit into Game+ there was a very clear moment of "ok I've had enough"

I have the season pass, so I'll be getting this free. Not sure I'll buy the new character at launch, though. I'll probably just wait for a sale on things not included in the pass. I will say that if you have a group of co-op friends that you regularly play with, it extends the length of time that the game remains entertaining by a considerable amount.

#22 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Fuck all the haters. Tiny Tina kicks all sorts of ass.

#23 Posted by Neurotic (632 posts) -

You people are crazy, Tina is great.

I played the Scarlett DLC but none of the others. I haven't played since they raised the level cap so I might check it out.

#24 Posted by Lazyaza (2196 posts) -

I liked Tina and I think Ashley Burch is funny, guess I'm a terrible person. *shrugs at ragers*

#25 Posted by EXTomar (4841 posts) -

I never could figure out the hate for Tina. She seemed no more (or less) exotic (or crazy) as any of the other characters floating around that world.

#26 Posted by madpierrot (70 posts) -

I got the season pass so obviously I'll be picking this up. Really glad I got the season pass despite not being as crazy about 2 as the original game. I liked Captain Scarlet, loved Mr. Torgue, still haven't played Hammerhead though and getting the level cap raise and 3rd playthrough for free was a great added surprise. I fall into the camp of not being a big Tiny Tina fan. I don't hate her or anything, but just don't find her to be that funny. If they do the whole Dragon Keep, RPG premise right though this could be great.

#27 Edited by OneKillWonder_ (1788 posts) -

Haters of Tiny Tina can fuck off. She's a fine character, and this is literally the only place I've seen her get so much hate. I knew as soon someone made a topic about the DLC that people would bitch about her being the central character. This DLC sounds great, too. The thing is, I can't really get excited to play anymore BL2 because of how unoptimized for single-player it is, which is how I spend the majority of my time with it.

#28 Posted by laserbolts (5331 posts) -

Tiny Tina was awful but i'll hand it to gearbox for basically saying fuck the haters with this. I wish Borderlands 2 was better than what it was though. I was expecting to go through all DLC and everything but after hitting 50 I had no interest in touching the game again.

#29 Posted by MikkaQ (10317 posts) -

Aw man, all this time I just wanted the last DLC to be about blowing up that stupid Hyperion "H" shaped space station.

#30 Edited by jakob187 (21691 posts) -

Am I the only one that thinks Tiny Tina is perfectly fine and everyone is just overreacting?

Nonetheless, this sounds fucking rad.

#31 Posted by Yummylee (22041 posts) -
@jakob187 said:

Am I the only one that thinks Tiny Tina is perfectly fine and everyone is just overreacting?

Have you not been reading through the thread? There are more people in here defending Tiny Tina against the Haters (!!!) than there are actual Tiny Tina haters.

I have no particularly strong opinions about the character one way or the other mind, but there's quite frankly been an equally absurd amount of hostility from the people who enjoy the character than there has from the people who dislike her.

#32 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@yummylee said:
@jakob187 said:

Have you not been reading through the thread?

Who the hell reads threads anymore? Get with the times, old man.

#33 Edited by OneManX (1693 posts) -

She was alright, gonna wait for this DLC to drop and just play it all in one big session(s).

#34 Posted by maskedarcstrike (701 posts) -

Haters of Tiny Tina can fuck off. She's a fine character, and this is literally the only place I've seen her get so much hate. I knew as soon someone made a topic about the DLC that people would bitch about her being the central character. This DLC sounds great, too. The thing is, I can't really get excited to play anymore BL2 because of how unoptimized for single-player it is, which is how I spend the majority of my time with it.

While I wouldn't say I hate her I do think her character was a missed opportunity in some regards. She had a tragic origin story and hinted at her "normal" side once in the game and never really came back to that. I would have liked it if they had balanced out her "normal" persona a little more and her "crazy" persona to cope. Instead it ended up mainly "what what in the butt" jokes. Which hey it's Borderlands I get it.

#35 Edited by Demoskinos (15011 posts) -

Ugh. Borderlands 2 in general gives me a stomach ache. I can't imagine actually playing a DLC about her.

#36 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Tiny Tina sucks but I enjoyed my time with the game. This idea sounds kind of interesting, actually.

#37 Edited by SSully (4231 posts) -

I dont get how people can hate Tina and not almost every other character in that game. She literally fronts the same obnoxious personality as everything else in that universe except she has a faux ghetto spin.

#38 Posted by Redbullet685 (6054 posts) -

Comes out on my birthday! Too bad I don't really care about the dlc for Borderlands 2. Come to think of it, I didn't care much for 2 that much in the first place. Never even finished it.

#39 Posted by Irvandus (2881 posts) -

I like the concept. I am disappointed about Tina though.

#40 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2498 posts) -

Both this and the Krieg DLC character are $10.

I would happily give this up in favor of that.

#41 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4418 posts) -

Haters of haters, we need to get more meta.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.