Free Halloween themed skins (Shift membership required)

#1 Edited by Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497 (559 posts) -

Gearbox has put out Shift codes via their twitterthat will net you some nifty character skins. So far they've released codes (for all platforms, valid until Nov. 4) for Salvador, Maya and Axton with others due later today. Just thought I'd give a heads up.

#2 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

Pics? Not sure I want to join shift yet.

#3 Posted by psylah (2177 posts) -

I joined their shift thing, and I have yet to receive a single piece of spam, just the confirmation e-mail.

Strange.

#4 Posted by Rotnac (769 posts) -

They just posted the Assassin skin now. Mechromancer skin coming in about 2 hours. All the other class skins have been posted already.

@Dagbiker: they have the pictures for the skins on the tweets with the codes. or, just go here for the pics/code. you get a golden key too just for signing up to shift.

#5 Posted by Ramone (2966 posts) -

They don't really look that great.

#6 Posted by golguin (3927 posts) -

That's cool. They are good till nov 4 so I'll just wait till they all come out and put them all in at the same time.

#7 Posted by RAMBO604 (137 posts) -

Bee themed, they're all bee themed...

Am I missing something? What the hell is so spooky about bees?

Give Zero a hockey mask, make Maya a witch, these kind of things make sense. But bees, this is so dumb. This could seriously be like a spring time promotion not a Halloween one.

#8 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

These are all extremely disappointing.

#9 Posted by JackSukeru (5912 posts) -

Just putting this out there, bees are awesome.

#10 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1225 posts) -

ilovebees

#11 Posted by mosespippy (4180 posts) -

It's a shame they are giving these particular skins away. They were some of the rarest items in the game*. It's something like a one percent chance that a Ultimate Badass Varkid will drop a legendary and a one percent chance for that legendary to be one of these five skins. The chances of getting an Ultimate Badass Varkid to spawn is only 14% in the best possible conditions. So that's a 0.0014% chance of getting just one of these to drop when farming.

*On PS3 at least. On 360 and PC nothing is rare because of mods.

#12 Posted by AjayRaz (12427 posts) -

dan teasdale should show up and show all you bee haters.

..including myself. fuck bees. i'm always open to free skins, though

#13 Posted by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -

I Love Bees.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.