Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

From what you've seen, have your main issues been addressed?

• 94 results
    crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By crusader8463

Well, since the PC version was literally unplayable online for around the first 6 months the game was out if it can even be played online then I'm sure I will like it better then the first. Time will tell. I have been tricked by too many devs fucking over PC then coming around in round two singing a sweet song of how they have learned the error of their ways only to get screwed over again to ever trust their honeyed words. So I will believe it when I see it.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Sanity

@Tennmuerti said:

@Keavy_Rain: Except that they are very different classes that only have a few things in common with previous ones (most of that is thematic nothing more), all classes have completely different skill trees for one. The only 1 class that even has a main similar action skill is the Soldier with his turret. And Gunzerker has almost nothing in common with Brick at all.

@Hitchenson: Dude ... what, the, fuck. Sixteen days?!?! And i though i played that game a lot lol. What do you even do for 16 days on one char 2.5 playthoughs with all the expansions take like an eight of that max.

Im guessing he got hooked on armory and craw runs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f39c75856922
    deactivated-5f39c75856922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as the environments are as cool as the first one I'll be happy. I am glad they put in a mini-map though.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@cmblasko said:

I suppose the most glaring issue in Borderlands to me was the extremely simplistic story and its disappointing resolution. I enjoyed the game's characters and humorous dialog enough that those things didn't really affect my overall opinion of the game, but they can definitely be improved upon. I guess we'll see if this issue has been addressed after the game is released.

I will be absolutely shocked if Borderlands 2 doesn't have a better ending than the original game. Watch this video:

Now know that the guy in this video is the lead writer for Borderlands 2, and the girl in the video plays Tiny Tina. I think we're safe.

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By fishmicmuffin

@SpaceInsomniac: Nice find, I'm glad they were aware it was horrible!

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By jillsandwich

The only problem I had with Borderlands was the vehicles being the worst thing this side of the Mako from Mass Effect, but that's all good now.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By triple07

My problem with the first game: its all set in a fucking desert. Looks like they've fixed that so I'm happy.

Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Peanut

Does the entire thing not take place in a desert wasteland? Yes? I'm happy.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By ArtisanBreads

They seemed to have addressed all my issues that caused me to get bored with Borderlands. Characters look better with more interesting progression, weapons are more interesting, environments look better and more varied, etc. Excited to play this.

Slither_Maggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 16

#60  Edited By Slither_Maggot

@MrOldboy: A friend of mine told me there was a 2 hour video feed which I unfortunately missed because I was at work but he told me the high points about the key things Gearbox has worked on for the game. From what he told me the game seems pretty solid. Problems/issues from the first game have been corrected and the additions GB made sound pretty impressive all-in-all. My only hang up from the first game was what you talked about with having to go back quite a distance to do some of the more recent missions as you progress through the game. As far as those go I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Slither_Maggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#61  Edited By Slither_Maggot
    MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By MrOldboy

With the new trading system does that also mean your loor is unique to you. This has been probably the best development in loot based games over the past years. I really hope BL2 has this. I remember mad dashes for chests in the first game, unless it also had this and I just didn't notice. I played it mostly solo.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#63  Edited By Dreamfall31

So far Borderlands 2 looks better than the first in every way possible. They seem to have addressed many of the issues it had. I know it's not too bad, but I hope there is an "Buy All Ammo" button on vending machines this time. I can't think of any reason why I have to sit there and hit the button 30 times when DUH of course I'm going to re-fill all of my ammo! Also will money be auto-picked up? It got to the point in the game where I didn't even bother picking up money because I rarely felt like aiming at each individual cash pile and collecting them all. Either way these are two minor issues. All Borderlands 2 needs is more variety and I think it's going to be a kick ass game!

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By project343

I want the DLC to scale to your level. Going back to play General Knoxx was a chore when all the enemies were way higher level than me.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By MrOldboy

@FoxMulder said:

So far Borderlands 2 looks better than the first in every way possible. They seem to have addressed many of the issues it had. I know it's not too bad, but I hope there is an "Buy All Ammo" button on vending machines this time. I can't think of any reason why I have to sit there and hit the button 30 times when DUH of course I'm going to re-fill all of my ammo! Also will money be auto-picked up? It got to the point in the game where I didn't even bother picking up money because I rarely felt like aiming at each individual cash pile and collecting them all. Either way these are two minor issues. All Borderlands 2 needs is more variety and I think it's going to be a kick ass game!

I have seen the auto pick up for money, ammo, and I think health in action in the gameplay videos they've done.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By redcream

I have no qualms about the first one except for the story which I won't really get a grip on until release or until I've played it personally.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Chibithor

So long as they do the stuff in the PC love letter, all I need after that is a bigger better Borderlands 1, which seems to be what they're aiming for.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#68  Edited By Enigma777

Nope. Still looks as boring as the first one

Xeirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By Xeirus

Has the FOV been fixed, or given as a graphic option? If not, fuck this game.

I don't enjoy feeling like I'm looking through a coffee can to play a FPS.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By RE_Player1

@project343 said:

I want the DLC to scale to your level. Going back to play General Knoxx was a chore when all the enemies were way higher level than me.

Same. Probably the only part of the game I was annoyed with.

pandasteeler43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By pandasteeler43

My main problem with the first one was the fact that rocket launchers and pistols had better scopes than the sniper rifles. Anyone know if they fixed that problem?

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#72  Edited By Forcen

I want DPS rating for the weapons, anyone know if that is in?

There is a firing speed and damage done, but no DPS.

And those x13 ratings on the damage number confuses it even more.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By MrMuscle

@Forcen said:

I want DPS rating for the weapons, anyone know if that is in?

There is a firing speed and damage done, but no DPS.

And those x13 ratings on the damage number confuses it even more.

Yeah i also had some problems with the x13 etc ratings. Playing Borderlands again now just to get ready and I still have problems with that. Also im wondering if the loot is instanced or not. I think i heard them say it wasnt, but im not sure. I mostly play coop with my brothers though so it isnt such a big deal. But i can imagin it can cause some problems in pick up groups.

I DID head them say that ammo was shared on pickup, which sounds great. Wonder if cash is the same way.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By beepmachine

They didn't seem to fix that annoying FOV snap when sprinting, and my biggest issue with the game was repetitive mmo-style quests and terrible (not just boring, terrible) story. I'm really on the fence, definitely going to wait until after release.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

I could be wrong, but I wanted more diversity in my environments and I don't see that yet. 

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#77  Edited By Eaxis

The ending was disappointing, and I know they have adressed that so i'm looking forward to a lot of things they added and not spoiling to much before I get the game.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#78  Edited By Tennmuerti

@dudeglove said:

If they've made a game that isn't broken the moment you get a Hellfire SMG, an Orion sniper rifle or that unique caustic revolvers then it has my vote.

Dude, how did you know what my entire gear loadout consisted of? That's uncanny!

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#79  Edited By The_Nubster

@Bobby_The_Great said:

I could be wrong, but I wanted more diversity in my environments and I don't see that yet.

Really? It looks like they showed it. Did you watch the Sir Hammerlock video?

They've now got snowy plains, wide-open fields, rocky areas (like the first), a futuristic city, acidic caverns and a few other ones that have been mentioned in marketing. As opposed to the first which was rocky plains, and then 15 minutes of snow before the hentai monster.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By HerbieBug

I only have one major gripe with Borderlands 1 and don't know if it is addressed in 2: fetch quests where the item you need to find is not specifically marked on the map. I didn't like having to comb through an area, even a relatively small area, trying to find the last of the gun parts or data logs. Finding little green items was not an enriching gameplay experience.

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ProfessorK

@Bobby_The_Great: Dude! They put in a fire level AND an ice level, what more could you want?!

JackOhara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By JackOhara

@Napalm said:

@Oldirtybearon said:

@Napalm said:

@MrOldboy: Pistols and repeaters were absolutely useless. Horrible rate of fire, horrible damage, horrible reload times. Awful, awful.

The revolvers on the Hunter class were pretty damn powerful.

Well, revolvers aren't pistols or repeaters... so there's that.

Technically revolvers can be one or both, (SA, DAO, SA/DA). But we get what you mean, the semi autos were fucking garbage. I played through most of that game with a super badass revolver that had held only two shots in the cylinder. Actually, come to think of it, it wasn't a cylinder at all, it was rectangular prism. What concerns me most about the footage I've seen is the environments. There seems to be a serious lack of wasteland.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By geirr

Everything seems to be addressed, and then some. The cut-scenes in the first one weren't skippable though unless you ripped the damn files out of the game's folders on the PC - so if they're going heavier on narratives, they better be skippable this time around as they get pretty dull when you have to watch them the 2nd time, or for the 16th time.

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Rohok

Nope, still cartoony, still dumb.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By napalm

@Rohok said:

Nope, still cartoony, still dumb.

What the hell...?

@JackOhara said:

What concerns me most about the footage I've seen is the environments. There seems to be a serious lack of wasteland.

They're probably really wanting to show off their colorful new environments. I highly doubt they are deserting the wasteland fully.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#87  Edited By veektarius

My problem with BL was the number of bullets it took to kill things. Which is kind of necessary when you give stats to guns. It's still not my favorite thing though. I'm not sure if they fixed it.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Veektarius: TBF the problem was somewhat self fixable by getting better guns and build.

The preview coverage of 2 showed pretty much the same game damage/time wise, so if that was an issue for you they have not fixed it, it's still core to the experience.

Unlogik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Unlogik

@Tennmuerti said:

@Veektarius: TBF the problem was somewhat self fixable by getting better guns and build.

The preview coverage of 2 showed pretty much the same game damage/time wise, so if that was an issue for you they have not fixed it, it's still core to the experience.

Going further than that, I would say that it IS the experience.

@Veektarius: I think if you have a problem with how many bullets it takes to kill stuff you might be happier playing an ARMA or something more sim-ish.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By coakroach

More NPC interaction and new environments will hopefully keep the game from feeling as soul crushingly lonely and desolate as the first

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#91  Edited By veektarius

@Unlogik said:

@Tennmuerti said:

@Veektarius: I think if you have a problem with how many bullets it takes to kill stuff you might be happier playing an ARMA or something more sim-ish.

That's a bit extreme. I just play a fair number of shooters; you know, CoD, Battlefield, Gears, even Mass Effect (2&3), and there's a certain effect you expect bullets to have on people that they don't necessarily have in Borderlands.

Unlogik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Unlogik

@Veektarius said:

@Unlogik said:

@Tennmuerti said:

That's a bit extreme. I just play a fair number of shooters; you know, CoD, Battlefield, Gears, even Mass Effect (2&3), and there's a certain effect you expect bullets to have on people that they don't necessarily have in Borderlands.

Effects like: fire, corrosive, daze, slow, shock, and slag :)

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Hitchenson

@dudy80 said:

@Tennmuerti said:

@Keavy_Rain: Except that they are very different classes that only have a few things in common with previous ones (most of that is thematic nothing more), all classes have completely different skill trees for one. The only 1 class that even has a main similar action skill is the Soldier with his turret. And Gunzerker has almost nothing in common with Brick at all.

@Hitchenson: Dude ... what, the, fuck. Sixteen days?!?! And i though i played that game a lot lol. What do you even do for 16 days on one char 2.5 playthoughs with all the expansions take like an eight of that max.

I did.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Hitchenson said:

@dudy80 said:

@Tennmuerti said:

I did.

heh :)

I stopped doing Crawmerax after a few successful solo legit kills. Didn't see the point in farming him, it was already the toughest challenge so better loot did not matter quite as much and just farming him would be simply dicking around with the RNG, so i kinda just modded my existing guns/gear to more perfect versions taking a shortcut from the RNG.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.