Golden key x2?

#1 Posted by Khadyn (228 posts) -

I bought the preorder for Borderlands and got the Golden Key as part of the bonus. Weird thing is I signed up for the Shift thing that is available in the options and was told I received a Golden Key. I now have 2 Golden Keys and curious if I can use both in first run thru or would the chest reset in new game + and allow me to get another set of epic weapons? Anyone ideas or possible link explaining this? Thanks!

#2 Posted by shinboy630 (1131 posts) -

This thread x2?

#3 Posted by MB (11900 posts) -
@Khadyn the keys are single use only, they won't reset in a new play through. Don't use them!!
#4 Posted by andrew2696 (286 posts) -

Wait I signed up for SHiFT and got nothing. Does it just go to your keys automatically?

#5 Posted by Khadyn (228 posts) -

@MB: Was thinking either wait til I hit lvl 50 or the first DLC to come out but, I'll see how the game progresses for loot at higher lvls...

@andrew2696: I logged out and came back on an hour later, went into the Extras section and it said Thanks for registering to Shift and I unlocked a Golden Key. When I goto the Badass Ranks in the ingame options...it shows Golden Key with a 2 next to it. Funny thing is..I have it for both my X360 and PC copy and they both have 2 Golden Keys.

#6 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Is there a way to tell if I have the Premium Edition that will include the extra character?

#7 Posted by Solh0und (1753 posts) -
#8 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@Solh0und said:

shift.gearboxsoftware.com/home I believe you get a extra key for signing up and linking your Gamertag(Isn't working for XBL yet)

I tried to agree to their EULA but it won't click.

#9 Posted by Solh0und (1753 posts) -

@Barrock: Did you scroll all the way down?

#10 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@Solh0und said:

I figured that was the problem and made sure I did. Still won't let me.

#11 Posted by Solh0und (1753 posts) -

@Barrock said:

@Solh0und said:

I figured that was the problem and made sure I did. Still won't let me.

Hmm... I hear on some browsers it doesn't work. I registered through chrome

#12 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1316 posts) -

@Solh0und: You can register in-game.

#13 Posted by HolyCrapItsAdam (448 posts) -

I got my 2 keys the same way. I used one of them and got 2 shields that were worse than the one I had at equipped at the time so I sold them both. With the random loot system, you will more than likely find something better in the world than what that chest will get you. I am gonna save the second key till im max level but I honestly probably wont even use what I get cause I will already have something better

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.