Guy whining about Tiny Tina being racist gets fired from his job

• 165 results
#151 Posted by musclerider (588 posts) -

@HaltIamReptar said:

@dudeglove said:

I hope y'all realize that the only reason Tiny Tina is in the game is because she's the sister of the lead writer irl, who is a complete douche (no seriously, check his twitter) and had nothing of any worth to his resume beforehand (as well as a degree from some college no one's heard of). Ultimately it's Gearbox's fault, though, because they told him to take the first Borderlands and make it "twice as funny", not noticing the fact that BL1 was never funny to begin with.

I was genuinely curious as to what college could be so obscure that you'd need to jump on an internet forum and start slinging shit about it simply for the fact that someone went to it. It took me longer than I expected it to, but I found it on his linkedin. Arizona State University. Literally the largest university in America.

Slow your rolls, dude.

OhShit.gif

#152 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3184 posts) -

Human beings are always racist. It's in our nature.

Stop trying to not be racist. You'll inevitably fail.

#153 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

Losing a job can be catastrophic.

#154 Posted by granderojo (1778 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

I hope y'all realize that the only reason Tiny Tina is in the game is because she's the sister of the lead writer irl, who is a complete douche (no seriously, check his twitter) and had nothing of any worth to his resume beforehand (as well as a degree from some college no one's heard of). Ultimately it's Gearbox's fault, though, because they told him to take the first Borderlands and make it "twice as funny", not noticing the fact that BL1 was never funny to begin with.

There's so much wrong here I don't know where to start. I say this as someone who didn't like Tiny Tina.

#155 Posted by ManMadeGod (1552 posts) -

White guilt strikes again

#156 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -

@BillyTheKid said:

I have no idea who tiny tina is. I know she is in BL 2 but other than that I do not know.

Either way, some dude loosing his job really is not all that hilarious.

#157 Posted by UlquioKani (1026 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

So after watching some vids on YouTube, I've come to the conclusion that I talk exactly like Tiny Tina in everyday conversation and I'm white as fuck. Am I more or less racist than I was ten minutes ago?

I was thinking the same thinking the same thing, apart from the "white as fuck" part but yeah. I think the people who think this is racist are probably more racist that this is actually racist.

#158 Posted by Jams (2959 posts) -

Mike Suka needs to listen to this song and take it's advice

#159 Posted by stryker1121 (1345 posts) -

TT is an over-the-top character in a game full of them. Scooter is an egregious 'hick' stereotype who talks about bathing with his cousin among other backwoods activities. I find her a little irritating, but racist? No. Now, this street lady from Deus Ex: HR is another tale..

#160 Posted by MHumphreys89 (710 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Also, to everybody saying that Tiny Tina is the worst video game character ever:

Calling Ocelot one of the worst characters in video games? Nu-uh.

#161 Posted by Video_Game_King (35993 posts) -

@Humphreys:

In terms of Snake Eater? Uh-huh.

#162 Posted by cornwalliz (214 posts) -

Getting fired over Tiny Tina? the guy should have known better

#163 Posted by blacklab (1525 posts) -

This whole thing is just ridiculous.

#164 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

That gamez journalist was just trying to right wrongs and be the protector of society...thanks OBAMA

#165 Posted by Marcsman (3116 posts) -

Hmmm I never considered her a racist.

#166 Posted by IroN1c (428 posts) -

I like Tiny Tina.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.