Hammerlocks Big Game Hunt

#1 Posted by KingOfAsh (51 posts) -

The lastest Borderlands 2 expansion pack has been released today. It focuses on Sir Hammerlock, and hunting the wildlife of Pandora (including a colossal stalker). What do you think of this expansion? I like the sound of it.

#2 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

I really liked the gear up weekend, besides the fact my Vermi pod got destroyed seconds before it hatched by the train in the Tundra, they should do those more.

#3 Posted by JoeyRavn (4949 posts) -

I'm waiting for a level cap increase to try these last two DLCs. Hopefully we finally get to go past level 50 with the fourth DLC.

#4 Posted by buft (3306 posts) -

@KingOfAsh: that does sound good, as we have all seen in Far Cry 3 hunting can be fun in first person shooters but i think it might take a deeper system than just go here kill this, if it has some sort of faux tracking or crafting system it would be glorious.

#5 Posted by RichardNixon (68 posts) -

Anybody know what time these have been pushing out to Steam?

#6 Posted by Slither_Maggot (221 posts) -

@JoeyRavn said:

I'm waiting for a level cap increase to try these last two DLCs. Hopefully we finally get to go past level 50 with the fourth DLC.

Same here. I haven't gotten any of the DLC's yet. Just going to wait til' the cap is out.

#7 Posted by Frobitz (177 posts) -

@RichardNixon: It's available now.

#8 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

I still haven't played more than 5 minutes of the last DLC. And the only other friend of mine that's level 50 with me doesn't want to play until the level cap update comes out, so I guess I'll be waiting on this one too.

#9 Posted by sixpin (1286 posts) -

I don't care about any more DLC until the level cap is raised. The story isn't interesting enough without some story progression. Just more Go Shoot This Thing quests don't excite me at all. I played the first DLC with my capped character and found it rather dull. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I liked the first game just for what it was and yet with BL2 I don't really care to play without some sort of progression.

#10 Edited by LoginRejected (38 posts) -

Does anyone know how to start the DLC? My fast travel map hasn't updated, and I don't have any new quests.

Edit:- Found it, it's in Hunter's Grotto if anyone wants to know.

#11 Posted by FakeKisser (317 posts) -

I'm still trying to finish the main game. I got to Opportunity and put the game down. I was just too burned out on it. I just went back to it last night. That Statuesque mission is ticking me off, but I decided to wait on that until I finish everything else in the main game (and level up more). Also, I don't think I'm going to bother with the Demon Hunter quest. :)

#12 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -

Got the season pass, so I'll play this...when they raise the level cap! Played through the pirate DLC, which was awesome, but waiting for that cap raise before going through the rest of them.

#13 Edited by FaPaThY (119 posts) -

I was pretty disappointed with this. The story missions only took like an hour and a half. The side quests took maybe 2-3hrs or so more, but only because one of them has you running around grinding animals and reloading the game to spawn the required number of random 'rare' animals. That dumb quest took like an hour by itself. I guess you're meant to do it 'naturally' over time, but normal enemies are pretty unrewarding to kill so there was no point in not getting it over.

Also, no level cap increase, no new weapon types, no nothing besides a new vehicle which is nowhere near as fun as the skiff, some new customizations, new seraph weapons and 2 raid bosses. All pretty basic stuff.

On the bright side, the level designs are nice and decently big(If somewhat empty of enemies), some of the dialogue and quests(including the final boss 'fight') made me laugh a little and most of the new enemies actually feel like new enemies instead of just reskins.

Not worth $10 imo. Maybe $5 tops if all you're looking for is some new enemies to shoot.

#14 Posted by Slither_Maggot (221 posts) -

@FakeKisser said:

I'm still trying to finish the main game. I got to Opportunity and put the game down. I was just too burned out on it. I just went back to it last night. That Statuesque mission is ticking me off, but I decided to wait on that until I finish everything else in the main game (and level up more). Also, I don't think I'm going to bother with the Demon Hunter quest. :)

That quest is a huge pain in the ass. I actually just did in with my Gunzerker and for some reason I not only completed it quicker than I expected but I also got the bonus objective for keeping the bot above 50% health. Not looking forward to that again but then again the only two characters I've gotten to (or past) that with in the story so far are Salvador and Axton. One of my friends said it's easiest with Maya because you can just keep shooting the bot and replenishing its' health.

#15 Posted by Slither_Maggot (221 posts) -

@Cincaid said:

Got the season pass, so I'll play this...when they raise the level cap! Played through the pirate DLC, which was awesome, but waiting for that cap raise before going through the rest of them.

I got the season pass too but everywhere I even look at the DLCs (main menu and XBLM) it tells me if I download it there (in either place) that I'm going to get double charged so I haven't even bothered and will just wait for the level cap before I worry about it much more.

#16 Posted by KingOfAsh (51 posts) -

So far I only have Captain Scarlett, I'll play the others when the cap rise comes (I hear sometime in March)

#17 Posted by DonutFever (3550 posts) -

Beat it last night. Only 3 or 4 story missions.

#18 Edited by Tennmuerti (8014 posts) -

The weakest of the DLCs so far.

The new characters are not as entertaining as the ones in Captain Scarlet or Tourge DLCs. Less cross character talk. Kinda bland quests and the environments are likewise bland monotone, (whereas the rest of BL2 is lush with color). Quest flow is disjointed requiring lots of travel downtime. Shorter the the other two. Shitty new car. New seraph gear is poopy. And still no lvl cap increase after 3 dlc's are starting to make it kinda boring, BL1 lvl cap increases kinda made you more eager naturally.

I enjoyed the first 2 dlcs much more.

#19 Posted by Fredddi43 (322 posts) -

Pretty short but really cool DLC, and I finally hit level 50. Hammerlock is a cool character, and the hunting stuff was nice, imho.

#20 Posted by muktor (61 posts) -

This is actually my favorite DLC so far

#21 Posted by WilliamHenry (1201 posts) -

Is this DLC incredibly hard for anyone else? I had no problems with any of the previous content, whether it be the main game or either of the first two DLC packs, and I couldn't even finish the first mission of this one.

#22 Posted by Tennmuerti (8014 posts) -

@WilliamHenry:

Not really no. Only the witch doctors present any sort of difficulty bump. As long as you make sure to lock them down or focus fire them into oblivion the rest of the tribesmen are pushovers.

For the rest of the animals just make sure to pack your standard array of elemental weapons, there are quite a few armored wildlife.

#23 Posted by WilliamHenry (1201 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

@WilliamHenry:

Not really no. Only the witch doctors present any sort of difficulty bump. As long as you make sure to lock them down or focus fire them into oblivion the rest of the tribesmen are pushovers.

For the rest of the animals just make sure to pack your standard array of elemental weapons, there are quite a few armored wildlife.

Maybe for you, but for me, every enemy I've encountered has been a significant bump in difficulty. I'm at level 37 and every enemy I encountered in the previous two DLCs were roughly level 30. I load up the new one and everyone is practically on my level. So I'm seeing a six to seven level jump in the enemies.

#24 Posted by Tennmuerti (8014 posts) -

@WilliamHenry said:

@Tennmuerti said:

@WilliamHenry:

Maybe for you, but for me, every enemy I've encountered has been a significant bump in difficulty. I'm at level 37 and every enemy I encountered in the previous two DLCs were roughly level 30. I load up the new one and everyone is practically on my level. So I'm seeing a six to seven level jump in the enemies.

Sorry i was assuming you were talking about the TVHM (play through 2.5 specifically) as that is when the playing field is pretty much plateaued for everyone.

If you're on the first play through your level and gear level matters a lot. Especially at levels 35+ gear starts to scale really really fast. So if you we're fighting lvl 30 enemies that drop lvl 30ish gear you would be severely under geared for lvl 37 enemies. My advice is to get to the DLC hub with the vending machines to gear up, as even greens/whites of higher levels can be way better then old purples.

What (i assume) happened is basically this DLC scaled to your level. But your level (37) is too high, making the enemies second play through grade in terms of difficulty. And there is a very high difficulty spike from first to second play through.

#25 Posted by Icemo (642 posts) -

I enjoyed playing the first two DLC's but I really need a level cap rise before I can jump in to this DLC.

#26 Posted by Briggs713 (215 posts) -

This DLC is awful. Way too difficult and my friend and I went back to Torgue to get from 49 to 50.

#27 Posted by project343 (2812 posts) -

These DLCs are coming too fast, and too furiously. It's like... content overload.

#28 Posted by veXedbulldog (62 posts) -

I was playing some coop on XBL with my brother and we both have decently-geared Lvl 50s... Did a couple story missions and encountered a bandit town on the way to the last boss in the Hammerlock DLC. There were two witch doctors, one of whom leveled up the other to "super badass." This guy was literally impossible to destroy; he healed up faster than we could do damage, and on top of that, he had leveled up all the surrounding enemies to Lvl 54. Bullet sponges are never fun in shooters (save for bosses, I suppose), but this was beyond ridiculous. Eventually we just skipped that area with creative sprinting and went on to defeat the "actual" boss without much difficulty. Some balancing issues there, Gearbox.

#29 Posted by WilliamHenry (1201 posts) -

Glad to see that others had the same difficulty problems I did. It didn't take much for me to get through the DLC though. Just had to use a couple of shift keys as well as bought some better loot and I was able to get through it relatively easy.

#30 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1256 posts) -

@Slither_Maggot: When you have the season pass, you pick up the DLC via "Downloadable Content" menu when you start up the game. If it still looks like you have to purchase the DLC, you might have to change your storage device (i.e. you play with cloud saving but your season pass on is your hard drive.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.