Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Have you played any decent Public games yet?

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Funkydupe

I can hardly find games in the server browser, so I'm guessing people have concluded that it simply doesn't work out?

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

I've opened my game up to public matchmaking but I have had anyone join.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I always host a public server. The more the merrier. I play on PS3, so there's often not a lot of chatting, but the general sense of teamwork I've seen has been pretty good.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Funkydupe

I've tried to find games today with good latency, only encounter the players where people don't stick with each other, and don't make an attempt at sharing ammo or weapons... I don't even get why they make their games Public.

And yes, though I've seen some use the writtenchat, I've never encountered someone responding on voice chat.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hitchenson

@Funkydupe said:

...and don't make an attempt at sharing ammo...

Cash, health, eridium and ammo are shared between everyone.

And fuck randoms, I've got maya for playing with buddies and axton for soloing.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MideonNViscera

I've had some good ones. I never use the mic, but most people generally do. I think a lot of the people online are like me, and aren't really out to accomplish any specific goal, and if one person sets a plan in motion we're all happy to follow along. I find sidequests get completely neglected, but that's why I have another character I play with the woman.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By sickVisionz

I haven't had a decent one. It's always people just jumping on top of stuff and getting into weird areas of the environment then emptying their clips into the ground or at non-enemy NPCs.

MstrMnyBgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By MstrMnyBgs

The fact that one person can run around taking every decent gun that drops really turns me off of random games. I don't know why they didn't do some sort of individual drop system, or something better than the borderlands 1 loot system in multiplayer.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By BoFooQ

If you are playing on the ps3 add your name to the list of ps3 players or better yet send requests to those already on the list. I find it great that when you start the game up it shows what level and mission everyone else is doing. I found 3-4 duders to play with and it has been working out great. As far as random public games, it gets difficult some times cause one person can stop you from moving forward if they sit in a menu. Also watch out for people who spend long amounts of time in sanctuary.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By huntad

I usually just open up the server browser and find people no problem.

As far as the quality, they go as you'd expect. Someone will start shooting someone else for no reason/ramming their car. Someone will start taking all of the weapons without letting everyone have a look. Or someone will just run past enemies and just turn in the quest, when it's plainly obvious that the rest of the team is killing the bad guys.

Random public matches are the worst.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Grillbar

tried a few public games. they always turned out to be shit

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By AlexW00d

I have only played the game with people I know so far, and I doubt I will ever play it with randoms or solo, but I am glad to hear it's not a total waste of time.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Mars

I have had several good public games. Most of my play time has been in public matchmaking. However, I've also had several shit games that ended soon after starting or no teamwork. It's a numbers game, sooner or later you'll find some good ones.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I keep joining low level games. Trading with the host giving them 10k then leaving the game as fast as I can.

bchampnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bchampnd

I've had a couple of OK public games. It really is hit or miss though because sometimes you'll find yourself in a game where you're doing missions and people are generally not being dicks to each other in terms of loo and in other games you'll just get people driving like morons, running to loot all the chests and never bothering to try to complete any mission objectives. That second is a perfectly OK way to play the game (it is a fun game to just screw around in) but when I go online I'm usually trying to find people that actually want to play cooperatively.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.