Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Hyperion Slaughter Round 5

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By morrelloman

Although I only tried this a couple of times last night. I have a feeling I am going to need some help with the final arena battle. Tough to find videos of people soloing this with an Assassin. I'm at level 33 with the bloodshed tree all full, but I just don't think this can be done. I definitely will just run out of ammo. I am considering doing a full respec to the sniping tree and just camping up in the crate at the end of the map, which seems to be the only way to even survive. Any ideas? Should I just go look for better weapons? I don't love my assault rifle (jacobs ~700 st8 dmg) or rocket launcher ( ~3Kx3 dmg w/fire) . Should I farm eridium and max out all ammo first? I really want to complete this before going on the final mission.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mosespippy

Go do the final mission. All unfinished side quests are completable after the final mission. You can go back and forth between NG+ and your first play through. I had maybe 8 or 9 purples drop when I finished the game so that should help you out.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Tennmuerti

It can be rough, and ammo was definately my biggest problem even as a gunzerker who could regen ammo. Took me a few tries.

Definately beatable solo, but it might be really tough with your setup. But caustic weapons and grenades do help. Does the assassin have any class mods that give ammo regen? There are also shields that can absorb bullets and give some to you. Can't give much more specific advice aside from what you yourself already mentioned (nto being an assassin).

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By morrelloman

I still can't do it. Breeze thru waves 1 & 2 but can't overcome the Super Badass loaders on round 3. I wound up doing as mentioned above and just went ahead and beat it and started TVH mode. I finally got my first legendary weapon from that first big bollymog boss and shot up to level 36 pretty quickly. A grenade firing assault rifle that does 4K plus per shot with additional AOE explosions. Pretty sure I would have a better shot at Round 5 now.

I also tried a respec to a sniper and it really didn't work. I had gotten too used to using deception to melee. Hopefully will give it a go tonight, but I'm loving TVH so much. Made it all the way to Sanctuary in 2-3 hours doing all the side quests and only died a couple of times. Staying true to my original Melee build and rocking a new Green Survivor Class mod with decent health regen, I can possibly smell a victory?

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By djou

I had the same problem getting through wave 3. Tried three times and threw in the towel. I was with two others (two sirens and a commando) all between levels 23-26. One siren was speced for health regen, the other for elemental offense damage, and the commando had a shield bubble. When the super badass loader appeared it destroyed us. We stuck together tightly and revived each other as we were going down but eventually I ran out of ammo. My recommendation would be to go in there with a Siren, have them phaselock the SBL and wail on it with rockets and/or a strong turret.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By _Zombie_

I'd help, but you're a good eleven levels above me.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hbkdx12

I'm so mad that i'm even seeing this thread >_<

I played the whole hyperion slaughter in one sitting just yesterday and got all the way to the last wave of round 5 when this super ultimate badass constructor bot spawned and i died 2 seconds into the wave because the last enemy i killed the previous wave, was on the opposite side of the map from where i was camping in the crates. So in the time i tried to run and get back to it i got shot to bits. 

Assuming there's not a ton of enemies left during that round, it's definitely doable solo.  It's definitely takes a toll on your ammo. At the start of that wave i only had shotgun and rocket launcher ammo left.

I was a level 31 siren and i definitely intend to beat it solo. The whole time during round 5, all i could do was think about how much easier this would be with a commando or a gunzerker. That being said i can only imagine how difficult it is with zero.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I found two ways to do it. One is "legit" and the other is "cheeasing" it. Which one do you want?

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By morrelloman

- I'll take either one. Though I am actually yet to attempt this again since getting a couple of higher powered guns. Any advice is welcome. Cheeeasing is fine if I must choose.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @morrelloman

- I'll take either one. Though I am actually yet to attempt this again since getting a couple of higher powered guns. Any advice is welcome. Cheeeasing is fine if I must choose.

What system you on? If 360 ill come help ya
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#11  Edited By StarvingGamer

As a Siren I was armed to the teeth with Corrosive weapons (Pistol, SMG, SR) and had little trouble outside of the Badass Constructors. I made judicious use of the crate on the platform, the one that only has one opening, when things got a little too crazy.

It helped that I had maxed out SMG and SR ammo already and Pistols were 2 levels under maxed as well. I was level 34 at the time and had a weird 11/8/11 build going on I think with a mod that boosted SMG damage by 87%. I also had a Fire and Shock SMG in my pocket which I used occasionally. I just stayed patient and really chose my shots carefully. Also Phase Lock was key because fuck those Repair and Shield Surveyor whatever assholes.

Later I helped my friend do it and it was a LOT more fun that way, so I'd avoid soloing it if possible.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By morrelloman

I'm playing on PS3 BTW. Gave it a couple of goes last night, and did marginally better. I am level 38 now but got a little excited / careless on the 4th wave (aka constructors start a comin') I think I need to mix it up between the crate on the platform AND the crates that give you line of sight all the way across the field. It's crazy how much more powerful you actually get with each level. I can one hit all gun loaders / foot soldiers with melee action skill, I think it is just a matter of conserving ammo and ALSO using deception to get massive crits with the sniper rifle. At this point I have to solo it, it must be done.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I've gotten to round 4 and while I'm sure I can beat round 4 at least I really don't want to deal with those RPG loaders. I'm zoomed in and focusing on another enemy when all of a sudden those dicks fired off a barrage of rockets at me, can't even notice it until it's too late. It's easier and more practical I think to just go to vault hunter mode get some higher level stuff and then go back and complete it.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By morrelloman

@thedudeofgaming I just did it! I was level 38 tho. Only the wave with the superbadass loaders is hard. There was A LOT of deception used inside a crate then pop out the other side and snipe. I meleed all foot soilders and jet loaders (once laned obviosuly) for wave 4 when a constructor lands in the middle of the field you need to be in one of the far crates. For the final wave I camped in the crate at the end of the platform. You can aim out the back and CANNOT be hit to take out the baby constructor and then just resume deception, pop out, shoot to widdle down all the other enemies. Ammo was a non issue. I didn't even touch my legendary assault rifle. Aside from spamming the action skill And camping for 90% of the final wave there was some "drama" as i did have to fight for my life on the final wave. An RPG loader walked up to the crate and I saved myself with a shotgun. Yay! Done and not without theatrics. I just checked twitter and Jax Teller is super proud of me.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @morrelloman
    @thedudeofgaming I just did it! I was level 38 tho. Only the wave with the superbadass loaders is hard. There was A LOT of deception used inside a crate then pop out the other side and snipe. I meleed all foot soilders and jet loaders (once laned obviosuly) for wave 4 when a constructor lands in the middle of the field you need to be in one of the far crates. For the final wave I camped in the crate at the end of the platform. You can aim out the back and CANNOT be hit to take out the baby constructor and then just resume deception, pop out, shoot to widdle down all the other enemies. Ammo was a non issue. I didn't even touch my legendary assault rifle. Aside from spamming the action skill And camping for 90% of the final wave there was some "drama" as i did have to fight for my life on the final wave. An RPG loader walked up to the crate and I saved myself with a shotgun. Yay! Done and not without theatrics. I just checked twitter and Jax Teller is super proud of me.
    What system are you on anyways?
    morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By morrelloman

@The_Laughing_Man: PS3 dood

Enigmatical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By Enigmatical

I pulled it off, but only with the luck of my turrets. I was definitely dry on ammo by the final wave (two Badass Constructors with Super Badass Loaders). I basically took cover behind a box on the far, far end of the arena and tossed my turrets out (spec'd for dual). I held my breath that entire round.

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By gerrid

Glad to see other people had trouble with this and it wasn't just me being stupid. Levelled up 3 levels trying this from lvl 34-37, I got so mad so many times.

The worst was getting to the final round with full health, then a crawling EXP Loader blowing up and knocking me off the edge. I spewed a fair amount of profanity let me tell you.

I found my strategy as a Siren worked well - it's all about positioning. Stay up on the helipad platforms until the JET loaders. When the Super Baddass Loaders show up I hid behind the cover on he highest helipad, phaselocked one loader and unloaded corrosive SMG into it. Wait for cooldown and do the same with the other. They never came round the cover up there so I was ok.

JET loaders - I would run up to the enemy-spawn doors that are inside a cave, directly ahead and to the right of where you exit from the lift. The flying enemies can't get inside there and rarely shoot you, so it's just a case of picking them off.

Final round I just hid inside the crate right next to the Super Badass Constructor. Popped out at either end to unload SMG into that and its baby brother while avoiding all rockets from above. Used phaslock on the suspended turrets. Worst bit was when I destroyed the constructor, but the round didn't end - were two shield flying bots floating around, nearly gave me a heart attack.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gkhan

Was a few days since I did it so I don't remember the exact specifics, but as far as I can recall, I did the same thing I always do when faced with stupid powerful constructors (including that one on your way to the bunker): I got as far away as I could, used my corrosive sniper rifle and shot him over and over in his red blinking light. That, plus using phaselock (I had upgraded in the Cataclysm tree, so just one phaselock took a not insignificant amount of life on its own), killed him fairly quickly. Guy's no joke, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.