Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

I just lost my golden key

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SeanCoughing

So in a unique brand of stupid on my part i accidentally gave the game my key for free. I just got home 30 minutes ago and loaded my level 8 Gunzerker in Sactuary and it spawns me in front of a weapon chest that is having texture pop in issues. I mistook it for a normal weapon chest pressed square to open it and took the two purple weapons. i then realized what i had done and turned my ps3 off hoping it hadn't saved. When i loaded the save i had no keys and neither of the weapons i had picked up were in my inventory. Of course all of this cold have been avoided if i had just paid better attention, but a nice "are you sure" when dealing with rare items would be nice.

Consaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Consaw

@SeanCoughing: Sign up for Shift in the extras menu and they will give you an extra one.

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SeanCoughing

Thanks for the heads up man

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BoFooQ

I did the same thing, I had heard that you only get to use it once so I had planned on waiting but I opened the chest without even realizing what it was. The 2 guns I got were both mostly trash too. I used one for a while but they looked better than they actually were. I'll try signing up for shift but I hope there are more ways of getting more keys in the future.

Sign/warning should be much larger.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@SeanCoughing: Don't worry bro, your not alone. I did this on my level 7 Zero. I just wandered in that room and saw a treasure chest, and greedy me ran over and clicked before thinking.

That being said, it gave me a badasssssss sniper rifle, so I am owning dudes left and right currently. Hopefully there are more ways to get keys in the future. Or maybe they are drops in harder difficulty?

Czarpyotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Czarpyotr

They don't drop in game ever again. Go check out the post I just made at the top of the borderlands 2 forum. There is a way to get an unlimited number of them.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Czarpyotr: I'm on the 360, but even then, no point in cheating that system, wouldn't be fun.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By triple07

Yep I lost mine too. Me and a buddy were playing coop and we found this chest that was just sitting there so obviously I ran and opened it right away. Well turns out it was the golden chest and it used up my key...all I got was some decent grenades but as I was like level 6 or 7 so I've already found better. I'll have to try signing up for shift whatever that is.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By jay_ray

You guys are lucky, I got 2 shields that were worst then the one I had equipped.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrMuscle

Same here, i saw a chest and clicked it. The game has trained you to click every chest you find, so i didnt think this was any different. Got two pistols out of it.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By emem

So is there only that one golden chest in the game? And if it is the only one, does the loot in that chest scale with your level so it would actually be worth opening it later in the game (new game+)?

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SuperWristBands

@emem: Yeah, it scales to your level.

I too ran up to the chest hit X and about a second after doing it realized what I had done. They should have put a warning on it or something. Also the shift thing isn't giving me the key so I'm all sorts of sad over here. What a total bummer.

laussica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By laussica

Do you think it's worth waiting until I'm a higher level to open my chest?

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By konig_kei

I don't get what the big deal is? Rarity doesn't matter and you'll always find a better gun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.