Intel i7 960 temps wayyyyyy to hot on BL2.... Y?

#1 Posted by Belialjtg87 (40 posts) -

I'm having significant issues with running BL2 and hitting temps of 94C after approx. 2 hours of gameplay. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is? Is it BL2 or should I be significantly worried about my CPU. Other games it never gets over 72C.

Specs:

-Clevo X7200(18" Laptop)

-Intel Core i7 960 3.2Ghz

-12GB RAM

-SLI NVidia 485M 2GB

300GB SSD Intel

180GB SSD Intel

-dedicated fans for each processor and chassis fan and sitting on laptop cooler with 3 120mm fans.

-GPU temps never above 70C

Also, I've already ordered new diamond thermal compound as well as a new fan for the cpu, but I'm just looking for some extra input.

Thanks

#2 Posted by Marz (5658 posts) -

are you running physx off the cpu or something? run a cpu monitor and see how much load there is.

#3 Edited by notjw (12 posts) -

Did you set the framerate to "unlimited"? If you are, you might be rendering too many frames, causing your comp to push itself for no reason.

edit: derp, you said cpu, not gpu. I think it might be Physx like Marz suggested.

#4 Posted by envane (1164 posts) -

apparently phsyx only uses gpu on HIGH , on medium and low it uses cpu , even for non nvidia users strangely eheh

#5 Posted by Jackel2072 (2269 posts) -

I have an i7 2600k no heating issues here.

#6 Posted by Belialjtg87 (40 posts) -
@envane Ok, actually I believe that may be my issue. So I turned the physx to medium to begin with just to decrease load, so lll try it on high because gpu temps only reaching 70, thanks
#7 Posted by Belialjtg87 (40 posts) -
@Belialjtg87 I'll try it tonight, and repost, thanks again

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.