Mechromancer Coming...Today!

• 75 results
#1 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -
Randy Pitchford DuvalMagic
So - here's the surprise, Mechromancer for Borderlands 2 is ready about a week earlier than I promised. Oct 9, all platforms. Woo!

Are you planning on playing anything as the new character? Or do you consider it a waste of money? Or maybe you pre-ordered and get it for free anyway?

#2 Posted by Blommer4 (195 posts) -

Woho!

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (14753 posts) -

Waste of money considering probably trading in Borderlands 2 for WWE 13' soon. Her design looks neat though.

#4 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

I'm still on my first playthrough, so I won't be restarting with another character, perhaps never.

#5 Posted by Aerobie (104 posts) -

I beat the game as one character, and am slowly playing through again as another. I will probably play as the Mechromancer if/when my friend gets the game, so we can both start at the same level.

#6 Posted by Lazyaza (2176 posts) -

Awesome, hope that means the patch goes live tonightish. Haven't been playing b2 much since I finished my first playthrough, this will be a nice reason to go bug some more of my friends in coop.

#8 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

Nice! I stopped playing a week or so after release because Mechromancer was the real class I wanted to play.

#9 Posted by tsiro (214 posts) -

I can't wait to play mechromancer. I guess it's time to take a break from my (level 43) Siren and hop over to Mechromancer!

P.S. I can't even handle how great Oct. 9th is turning out to be.

#10 Posted by Unlogik (163 posts) -

Awesome! Was planning on jumping in tomorrow anyway :)

#11 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

I wanted to start a new game with a friend getting it soon, this works

#12 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5353 posts) -

Price for non pre-orders?

#13 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

Here I am a week after getting over Borderlands 2 and now I'm about to jump back into again to try this new character.

My grades are already suffering... ;_;

#14 Posted by wemibelec90 (1622 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Waste of money considering probably trading in Borderlands 2 for WWE 13' soon. Her design looks neat though.

This sounds like one of the worst trades I've ever heard of...

#15 Posted by Demoskinos (14753 posts) -

@wemibelec90 said:

@Demoskinos said:

Cool? I have no interest in finishing the game. Why keep it around?

#16 Posted by White (1341 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@wemibelec90 said:

@Demoskinos said:

Why WWE of all games?

#17 Posted by EXTomar (4670 posts) -

Neat, I didn't think Mechromancer would be released so quickly but while I looked at her skill tree I wonder if she is going to be a fangirl.

#18 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Too bad I'm burned out on Borderlands 2.

#19 Posted by TheHT (11130 posts) -

Loving this recent surge of "hey, here's this thing sooner than you expected!"

#20 Posted by Demoskinos (14753 posts) -

@White said:

@Demoskinos said:

@wemibelec90 said:

@Demoskinos said:

Why WWE of all games?

Because I'm a WWE fan? =\

#21 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1596 posts) -

I'm still having a bunch of fun with Borderlands ... almost 2 chars through normal difficulty. I'm looking forward to trying the Mechromancer

#22 Posted by HadesTimes (804 posts) -

Those guys are so cool!

#23 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@White said:

@Demoskinos said:

@wemibelec90 said:

@Demoskinos said:

Why WWE of all games?

Makes sense.

#24 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@TheHT said:

Loving this recent surge of "hey, here's this thing sooner than you expected!"

Worked great for Resident Evil 6!

#25 Posted by MB (12253 posts) -

Strategic timing - two big games launch today.

#26 Posted by Forderz (247 posts) -
#27 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1381 posts) -

Looking at her skill tree i dont see anything that pops out to me that makes me want to play her instead of the other vault hunters that i havent started yet.....also where did all my time go, sorry torchlight 2

#28 Posted by MEATBALL (3183 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@White said:

@Demoskinos said:

@wemibelec90 said:

@Demoskinos said:

Why WWE of all games?

I'm a WWE fan, but the games haven't been good for a long, long time. :/

#29 Edited by Catarrhal (826 posts) -

@MEATBALL said:

I'm a WWE fan, but the games haven't been good for a long, long time.

Thirteen years, specifically.

#30 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

I was just wondering about this, glad to see that it's coming today I'll play it

#31 Posted by Tennmuerti (8066 posts) -

Her class skills are not quite what I expected, probably gonna pass for now with Xcom and Dishonored on my plate.

I'm more interested in the fact that they will have to adjust enemy drop tables (for new class mods) and this will also be a golden opportunity for a patch.

Will be curious to see the changes (bee shield maybe?)

#32 Edited by White (1341 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

They will delete The Bee from the game entirely!! D=

Back to manual, tedious shooting, y'all.

#33 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7076 posts) -
@White

@Tennmuerti said:

I heard that it was apparently glitched from the start and was supposed to drain your shield. At least that's the way Randy Pitchford made it sound on Twitter.
#34 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

I love these guys, awesome!

#35 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Just bought the Premiere Club thing, so I'll get her when they put her out today. Looking forwards to trying her out.

#36 Posted by Brake (1097 posts) -

Hell yes, Randy Pitchford, you god amongst men you! I'll probably end up dumping all the characters that I'm kind of playing and finish the game with my Assassin and then start playing a Mechro. Her skills sound super intriguing.

#37 Posted by Marz (5648 posts) -

pre-ordered the game, but probably not gonna play it this week.... just bought xcom.

#38 Posted by golguin (3874 posts) -

The Ordered Chaos tree is a real thinker. You have huge pros and huge cons and a lot depends on breaking the reload habit.

#39 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

@zombiebigfoot said:

Just bought the Premiere Club thing, so I'll get her when they put her out today. Looking forwards to trying her out.

Do you mean you bought the Season Pass? If so, you won't get her. The season pass is for the four planned campaign DLCs, Gaige was a pre-order bonus who will be $10 separately and isn't included in the season pass. The premiere club was a pre-order initiative which got you Gaige, some gearbox themed guns, a golden key and a (awful) MF relic.

#40 Posted by golguin (3874 posts) -
@Hitchenson

@zombiebigfoot said:

Do you mean you bought the Season Pass? If so, you won't get her. The season pass is for the four planned campaign DLCs, Gaige was a pre-order bonus who will be $10 separately and isn't included in the season pass. The premiere club was a pre-order initiative which got you Gaige, some gearbox themed guns, a golden key and a (awful) MF relic.

How is the magic find relic awful? I always have it on and I never feel I'm not getting good drops.
#41 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

@golguin: It doesn't increase the chances of purples/oranges.

#42 Edited by White (1341 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@White

@Tennmuerti said:

I heard that it was apparently glitched from the start and was supposed to drain your shield. At least that's the way Randy Pitchford made it sound on Twitter.

Oh crap. How am I supposed to kill badasses in PT2.5 without my 250k damage shotgun?!

If they made a patch for it such that it doesn't retroactively affect pre-existing The Bees... I guess we should start hoarding them?

#43 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

@Hitchenson said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

Quite sure the Mechromancer is $5, but I'm not 100%.

#44 Posted by Brake (1097 posts) -

@Cincaid: No, it's $9.99 or 800 MSP. You can see it in one of the one promo images they released.

#45 Posted by Aishan (1014 posts) -

She's available on the 360 now. Get the Title Update and it's under downloadable content on the main menu, 85.73 MB download.

#46 Posted by AlisterCat (5531 posts) -

Still nothing on PC.

#47 Posted by Village_Guy (2544 posts) -

I like the references to My Little Pony in the skill tree (20% Cooler, Potent as a Pony, Discord, Evil Enchantress, Buck Up and Fancy Mathematics) :D

#48 Posted by aurahack (2270 posts) -

@Brake said:

@Cincaid: No, it's $9.99 or 800 MSP. You can see it in one of the one promo images they released.

$10 for nothing other than a character seems like the worst deals in history. :| That can't be real.

#49 Posted by JoeyRavn (4964 posts) -

I'm a bit disappointed by her skill trees. The Ordered Chaos looks useless to me (I wouldn't trade accuracy for gun damage, personally) and I seldom use elemental weapons. At least not as my main damage dealers, so the Little Big Trouble has next to no appeal for my playstyle.

I guess I'll go full BFF... though it doesn't look to good either. It's a pity you can't really spread out your character's skills too much. I think I would prefer a sort of "tier system" that included all the skills you can have, instead of three different trees, at least for Gaige.

#50 Posted by Pabba (337 posts) -

This is some great timing as I just beat the game two days ago with my first character and wanted to start over with someone new before doing the Vault Hunter mode with my 32 Siren. Woo!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.