Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

One hour of gameplay / an interview with Randy Pitchford

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

You'll also see an unfinished version of the Mechromancer class. Gameplay is just an arena match, but the interview talks a fair amount about the story setup, especially near the beginning of the video. Just mute those parts if you don't want to hear that sort of thing.

Enjoy.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

An hour???

Mana from haven!

@SpaceInsomniac: You're my dude, bro.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By joshthebear

Oh man, this game can't come soon enough.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#4  Edited By BeachThunder

Ha, he keeps calling Axton Roland :P

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By SomeDeliCook

To me, Borderlands is one of the most boring games to watch but really fun to actually play. I skipped right to the Mechromancer part and I was surprised they showed something in such an early state

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Cincaid

Saw this yesterday, having real trouble keeping my excitement low.

Speaking of which, here's another hour of game play similar to Game Spot's, but with IGN instead. Enjoy!

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dogma

One hour? Yeah....that seems about right when it comes to talking to Pitchford.

I interviewed Randy earlier this year and I could not believe that they gave me an whole hour to talk to him (and it was not even about Borderlands 2)! Luckely I had enough questions to fill up the time. That man is a talker! You don't have to drag anything out of Mr. Pitchford, he is quite open and chatty about everything. He also had a BIG tendency so start to get super techy when he talked. Talking about Gearbox early years one moment and the next moment you hear about ping, lag and how to trick servers with delays and stuff. I had to work quite a bit to trim of the fat off that interview. :D

He's a cool guy and it's fun with personalites in the industry that really acts as easy going spoke persons for the company's out there. It's fun with chatty people.

Now I have to watch this.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8  Edited By zyn

I would've liked more than "skins" for body customisation, maybe like wear different armour.

But, the game looks great! Looking forward to this!

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By falserelic

After DNF Randy can be like a great con artist. He made it seem like the game was going to be golden.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tennmuerti

@falserelic: Con artist? The dude is enthusiastic about the games sure, but he never directly lies about shit in them. Unlike say Todd Howard or Peter M. If fingers are to be pointed it's there first and foremost.

Nor should DNF be ever held against him considering the absolute mess the games development was, i'd rather judge by Gearbox's own actual track record.

And really anything, anything at all an enthusiastic game developer says about their own game is to be taken with a grain of salt (duh), especially when it comes to opinion of how awesome they think their game is.

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bigdaddy81

@falserelic: In all of the interviews I've seen with him, Mr. Pitchford really does seem to think that DNF is an awesome game. He's dead wrong of course, but at the very least I don't believe he's the kinda guy that would try to con people into buying his games. Peter Molyneux on the other hand......

Back to the topic at hand, holy fuck I can't wait for this game!! I got my Ultimate Loot edition preordered, got my two week vacation locked in, and got a posse to play with when I'm not busy farming for lewtz.

EDIT: I couldn't finish the IGN video. I know IGN gets a lot of shit but this particular video just shows how much they deserve it. Those people are awful.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tennmuerti

hmm, i like how they are making an effort to make your own character more visible from time to time to yourself

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By falserelic

@Tennmuerti said:

@falserelic: Con artist? The dude is enthusiastic about the games sure, but he never directly lies about shit in them. Unlike say Todd Howard or Peter M. If fingers are to be pointed it's there first and foremost.

Nor should DNF be ever held against him considering the absolute mess the games development was, i'd rather judge by Gearbox's own actual track record.

And really anything, anything at all an enthusiastic game developer says about their own game is to be taken with a grain of salt (duh), especially when it comes to opinion of how awesome they think their game is.

I understand, its just that watching his vids about DNF. Sold me on the game he has this charm that's just amazing. Even when he had to delay DNF he made it seem like it was going to be worth the wait..

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MezZa

Probably going to break my rule of avoiding everything about the game in the last month before release to watch this. I do enjoy listening to interviews with Randy. The guy's enthusiasm is infectious.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By jillsandwich

Games like Borderlands remind me why video games are awesome. It's pretty easy to forget that fact these days.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I watched the GS one yesterday. Seeing the unfinished Mechromancer was really neat and not something you usually see developers doing. Didn't know there was a IGN one, as well. Might have to check that out. I could listen to Randy talk all day. I love the dude's genuine enthusiasm and passion he has for his work.

People really need to let DNF the fuck go, though. It's easy to see why Randy was so excited about it considering how close the franchise is to him. You can't hold the quality of a game Gearbox didn't even make against them. It was an important landmark release regardless of the quality. Also, I'll say it for the millionth time...the game was not THAT bad.

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PatODay

After watching this, I'm really digging the Siren class. I might stick with that for a playthrough since one of my roommates has laid claim to Zer0 already.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MrOldboy

Looks good. Glad it was a bunch of combat as I dont want any of the early game spoiled. I must have seen the first hour or so of the first game 5 times from various sources, including GB, of the first game. Wish they were showing off the console version as I want to know how the framrate will hold up under a lot of combat.

Borderlands One, crit --> blood explosion = choppy as shit

oct_ONES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By oct_ONES
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@oct_ONES said:

To avoid spamming by creating a new thread, i'll leave this here.
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/09/06/ign-live-presents-borderlands-2 2 hours of Borderlands 2 gameplay with Randy Pitchford. Never before seen gameplay scenarios and it also seems to be the retail version. I know i'll be playing as the Siren now.

Even better, here's a You Tube version:

I'm not watching parts of it, though. I've already had too much of the game spoiled for me, and just skimming over the first 30 minutes of that video looks like it has a lot of new parts that haven't been shown before. However, if you skip to 40 minutes or so, you'll see a MUCH larger look at the Caustic Caverns section that has been seen before, and that seems much less spoiler-ish.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.