PC digital version (Steam code) preorder for $36!

  • 78 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Forcen (1766 posts) -

The link varies per region, so go to http://www.greenmangaming.com/ and search for Borderlands 2, click Pre-Purchase and add this code: GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G at checkout.

That should lower the price to $36. The code expires the 10th.

EDIT: The code still works!

EDIT: Code lasts a bit longer.

25% off Digital Downloads with Voucher Code: GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G

Offer Ends Monday 17th September 2012 at 11:00 UTC

#2 Posted by Musou (375 posts) -

Wow dude, thanks for the tip! I was going to buy it on 360 because most of my friends are going to play it there, but I couldn't let this offer pass. Again, great find, thanks!

#3 Posted by Th3_James (2575 posts) -

do they instantly give you a steam code?

#4 Posted by Musou (375 posts) -

@Th3_James: No, the email I received said that the code would be sent on the 21rst

#5 Posted by Lukeweizer (2507 posts) -

@Musou said:

@Th3_James: No, the email I received said that the code would be sent on the 21rst

... This sounds incredibly suspicious. But I have heard of this site before. Maybe I'll give it a try.

#6 Posted by Th3_James (2575 posts) -

I probably won't be able to wait that long.

#7 Posted by Musou (375 posts) -

@Lukeweizer: I did some research of the site and and does seem totally legit. Also, some other people posted about this in other threads.

#8 Posted by Vitor (2788 posts) -

@Lukeweizer said:

@Musou said:

@Th3_James: No, the email I received said that the code would be sent on the 21rst

... This sounds incredibly suspicious. But I have heard of this site before. Maybe I'll give it a try.

They're legit. I buy most of my Steam games from there as they often do 33% off preorder vouchers so I frequently get new releases for £22.50 instead of Steam's £29.99.

#9 Posted by emem (1954 posts) -

Nice, I've been waiting for something like this, thanks.

#10 Posted by EquitasInvictus (1868 posts) -

Thanks for this! I'm definitely bookmarking this site, now, it looks like they've got some mighty fine deals.

#11 Posted by Sanity (1852 posts) -

Yea, i bought from them before and there safe, i already preordered from them before they hade the deal so that blows but oh well. Still got it 10 bucks cheaper then retail.

#12 Posted by Trav (241 posts) -

I'm surprised to see this game selling for a full $59.99 on Steam. Good to see this offer countering it so harshly.

#13 Edited by hidys (1028 posts) -

Thanks for the tip off, I just pre-ordered it.

#14 Posted by McShank (1628 posts) -

100% awesome site. Originally bought Dead Island at launch from them since it was for approx 38$ after purchase with the code someone game me from GB.. Awesome place to get games with the random promo codes they offer.

#15 Posted by Slither_Maggot (220 posts) -

That's pretty damn cool!

#16 Posted by Forcen (1766 posts) -

I saw this on r/GameDeals, here specifically.

In the thread they say that they sometimes send out keys a bit earlier then the day of release.

#17 Edited by Capum15 (4570 posts) -

Thanks for the info, @Forcen, it's a pretty great deal.

Edit: Hmm, seems like my card isn't working with them. And it's such a good deal.

#18 Posted by Drazat (166 posts) -

I have used this site before to get guildwars 2 cheap its a legit site.

#19 Posted by Darkstar614 (1097 posts) -

Wow you are amazing sir. 36 bucks!!! What a steal.

#20 Posted by csx009 (48 posts) -

i suggest using paypal, my bank froze my account for suspicious overseas activity

#21 Posted by Encephalon (1174 posts) -

Yeah, site is legit. Got Deus Ex: HR at release for like $35.

As for Borderlands 2, I think I'll just wait 2 years and get it for $5 during a Steam summer sale, just like the first one. I've got XCOMs to buy!

#22 Posted by Jimbo (9708 posts) -

GMG has sucked ass whenever I've tried to use it (not in a good way), but apparently others have had more luck.

#23 Edited by Fattony12000 (6350 posts) -

£22.50, even cheaper than Amazon!

I got Spess Mahrine from them a while back, had no issues then either. PLEASE DON'T FUCK ME OVER FOR BORDERLANDS 2! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!

#24 Posted by JerichoBlyth (1044 posts) -

I got it for £19.00 - shut yer gub.

#25 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1291 posts) -

@Jimbo: They had issues with the hitman absolution sale/discount a while back, but other than that I've had no issues getting games from GMG for dirt fucking cheap. Best of both worlds since you get super cheap games, and they often give the steam key (says in the description of the game). I feel like I cheat the system everytime I get a new, or not released yet game for way less than even the usual 10% Steam pre-order.

SMILEY FACE!

#26 Posted by AlisterCat (5396 posts) -

Any downside to this? They claim to have all the pre-order bonuses with their keys so I see no reason not to.

#27 Posted by Genkkaku (730 posts) -

@Musou said:

Wow dude, thanks for the tip! I was going to buy it on 360 because most of my friends are going to play it there, but I couldn't let this offer pass. Again, great find, thanks!

This!.. Although I already pre-ordered the big super edition of it

#28 Posted by chilibean_3 (1580 posts) -

Thanks, duder!

#29 Posted by Funkydupe (3293 posts) -

Noooo...

stuck with the Euro currency = Everything is expensive.

#30 Posted by AlisterCat (5396 posts) -

I just bought this, so thanks! Saved a little bit.

#31 Posted by Lukeweizer (2507 posts) -

Got it. Not sure why. I was at PAX last year and got a free copy at the panel, but I chose the 360 (where all my friends will play). I guess I kind of wanted the PC version as well.

#32 Posted by ripelivejam (2783 posts) -

got my debit card locked after i purchased Dark Souls from this site but it was probably only cause i tried to withdraw a large amount afterwards. call to the bank rectified it quickly enough. just a word of warning but the site itself is legitimate!

#33 Posted by believer258 (11035 posts) -

I don't get paid 'til the 14th.

Fuck.

#34 Posted by MattyFTM (14241 posts) -

GMG is awesome. They frequently have awesome deals like this.

Moderator
#35 Edited by Bollard (5022 posts) -

@Vitor said:

@Lukeweizer said:

@Musou said:

@Th3_James: No, the email I received said that the code would be sent on the 21rst

... This sounds incredibly suspicious. But I have heard of this site before. Maybe I'll give it a try.

They're legit. I buy most of my Steam games from there as they often do 33% off preorder vouchers so I frequently get new releases for £22.50 instead of Steam's £29.99.

Do they always give Steam keys? I was wondering whether the Assassins Creed 3 will be a Steam code too.

#36 Posted by juice8367 (427 posts) -

Good shit! i got borderlands 2 and sleeping dogs for less than $38 each. THANKS!

#37 Posted by MattyFTM (14241 posts) -

@Chavtheworld said:

@Vitor said:

@Lukeweizer said:

@Musou said:

@Th3_James: No, the email I received said that the code would be sent on the 21rst

... This sounds incredibly suspicious. But I have heard of this site before. Maybe I'll give it a try.

They're legit. I buy most of my Steam games from there as they often do 33% off preorder vouchers so I frequently get new releases for £22.50 instead of Steam's £29.99.

Do they always give Steam keys? I was wondering whether the Assassins Creed 3 will be a Steam code too.

Only for games with Steamworks DRM. AC3 will be Uplay, because Ubisoft.

All the games that have Steam keys will say "Third Party DRM: Steam. This game requires a free Steam account to play." at the top.

Moderator
#38 Posted by Bollard (5022 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

@Chavtheworld said:

@Vitor said:

@Lukeweizer said:

@Musou said:

@Th3_James: No, the email I received said that the code would be sent on the 21rst

... This sounds incredibly suspicious. But I have heard of this site before. Maybe I'll give it a try.

They're legit. I buy most of my Steam games from there as they often do 33% off preorder vouchers so I frequently get new releases for £22.50 instead of Steam's £29.99.

Do they always give Steam keys? I was wondering whether the Assassins Creed 3 will be a Steam code too.

Only for games with Steamworks DRM. AC3 will be Uplay, because Ubisoft.

All the games that have Steam keys will say "Third Party DRM: Steam. This game requires a free Steam account to play." at the top.

Ah kay, thanks. What was up with Ubisoft saying about stopping their DRM though? I might as well get it for cheap here anyways.

#39 Posted by MattyFTM (14241 posts) -

@Chavtheworld said:

@MattyFTM said:

@Chavtheworld said:

@Vitor said:

@Lukeweizer said:

@Musou said:

@Th3_James: No, the email I received said that the code would be sent on the 21rst

... This sounds incredibly suspicious. But I have heard of this site before. Maybe I'll give it a try.

They're legit. I buy most of my Steam games from there as they often do 33% off preorder vouchers so I frequently get new releases for £22.50 instead of Steam's £29.99.

Do they always give Steam keys? I was wondering whether the Assassins Creed 3 will be a Steam code too.

Only for games with Steamworks DRM. AC3 will be Uplay, because Ubisoft.

All the games that have Steam keys will say "Third Party DRM: Steam. This game requires a free Steam account to play." at the top.

Ah kay, thanks. What was up with Ubisoft saying about stopping their DRM though? I might as well get it for cheap here anyways.

Aren't they stopping the always-on aspect of their DRM, but it'll still require a one-time activation on Uplay? I haven't read up on it too much, but that's what I thought it was.

Moderator
#40 Posted by Bollard (5022 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

@Chavtheworld said:

@MattyFTM said:

@Chavtheworld said:

@Vitor said:

@Lukeweizer said:

@Musou said:

@Th3_James: No, the email I received said that the code would be sent on the 21rst

... This sounds incredibly suspicious. But I have heard of this site before. Maybe I'll give it a try.

They're legit. I buy most of my Steam games from there as they often do 33% off preorder vouchers so I frequently get new releases for £22.50 instead of Steam's £29.99.

Do they always give Steam keys? I was wondering whether the Assassins Creed 3 will be a Steam code too.

Only for games with Steamworks DRM. AC3 will be Uplay, because Ubisoft.

All the games that have Steam keys will say "Third Party DRM: Steam. This game requires a free Steam account to play." at the top.

Ah kay, thanks. What was up with Ubisoft saying about stopping their DRM though? I might as well get it for cheap here anyways.

Aren't they stopping the always-on aspect of their DRM, but it'll still require a one-time activation on Uplay? I haven't read up on it too much, but that's what I thought it was.

That sounds about right. Thanks.

#41 Posted by Vao (318 posts) -

damn, already pre ordered borderlands 2 but hell, 35 dollars for sleeping dogs sounds like a deal.

#42 Posted by Forcen (1766 posts) -

@Funkydupe said:

Noooo...

stuck with the Euro currency = Everything is expensive.

Where are you? I'm in Sweden I got it in dollars.

Still, it should be cheaper then Steam?

#43 Posted by Bwast (1334 posts) -

Danke.

#44 Posted by MOAB (358 posts) -

@Forcen said:

The code expires the 10th.

i almost missed this, thanks!

#45 Edited by Subjugation (4693 posts) -

I could get used to things like this.

Edit: It isn't accepting my Visa. Sad day.

#46 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Okay, cancelled my Steam pre-order for this. Hope it's legitimate. It looks alright. Way better than that shitty Direct2Play website that basically stole $40 from me.

#47 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1291 posts) -

Anyone know if this code will qualify for the pre-order stuff on steam? The premium club junk? Gold guns and the extra mechromancer class or whatever? I pre-ordered a long time ago via GMG and got a similar deal (think this is the 3rd time borderlands 2 has been on steep discount/sale ) and am just wondering if the code will act as a proper pre-order from steam or if they qualify only when they give them out (on release day).

I assume I'll qualify for the stuffs, but I'm not bummed out eitherway (the money I saved can buy the items if need be)

#48 Posted by Fattony12000 (6350 posts) -

I assume I can't pre-load on Steam if I bought through GMG? Can I expect the key from them at one minute past midnight on release morning?

#49 Posted by Forcen (1766 posts) -

@DJJoeJoe said:

Anyone know if this code will qualify for the pre-order stuff on steam? The premium club junk? Gold guns and the extra mechromancer class or whatever? I pre-ordered a long time ago via GMG and got a similar deal (think this is the 3rd time borderlands 2 has been on steep discount/sale ) and am just wondering if the code will act as a proper pre-order from steam or if they qualify only when they give them out (on release day).

I assume I'll qualify for the stuffs, but I'm not bummed out eitherway (the money I saved can buy the items if need be)

Yes, the gamepage on the store mentions all that stuff.

@Fattony12000 said:

I assume I can't pre-load on Steam if I bought through GMG? Can I expect the key from them at one minute past midnight on release morning?

The reddit thread i linked previously in this thread says that they might send the code out a few days before release. But does the game even allow preloading? I have not bought a big game on release on steam for a while.

Also people, the code still works! You can check yourself right after putting the item in the cart.

#50 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

For those suspicious, GMG does work, they are legit, and they're amazing. Steam is the master of putting games that are already out on sale, GMG is the master of giving you new games cheap.

You can also get 2$ off if you use my referal: http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=vamogoma

Yes I also get 2$ if you do this so I'm bias, but it's still a great site and it's a free two bucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.