Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Question about Pre-Order Bonuses

TurtleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TurtleFish

Question for the community - I pre-ordered Borderlands 2 Deluxe Edition from Amazon.ca. One week after launch, they don't have any inventory, and don't know when they're getting any inventory, so they don't know when they're going to ship anything to me. And they can't/won't give me a code (because it's the physical copy.)

Now, there are still places I can get the Deluxe Edition from, but I lose my pre-order status. So here's the question: are the pre-orders actually worth it? Do they add enough to the gameplay that it's worth waiting on playing the game?

Thanks, JGH

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By abendlaender

So my Pre-Order Boni were three guns that were useless after half an hour and a gold key I wasted cause I didn't realize that the one chest is the golden key chest (got a level 6 shield, yay). I don't know about other Pre-Order Boni other than the Mechromancer class (which will be available for purchase). If nobody corrects me, I'd say you don't miss anything at all.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

You won't miss anything. Except getting the mechromancer for free.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By golguin

I think the preorder relic that gives you a 5% magic find and the mecromancer class is a pretty big thing.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Capum15

The key and access to the Mechromancer are the only things worthwhile, imo. The guns help at the start but become useless pretty fast, and the key is basically a dice roll on whether or not you'll get something good. I got a few great things from it on my Siren (great laser sniper and a shotgun that fires firebombs), but an okay pistol and crappy pistol on my Commando.

But, since I pre-purchased for $36, I'm not gonna complain.

Edit: Oh yeah, the 5% magic find relic is nice.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Only thing you'll be missing long term is the Mechromancer for free, but you can just buy it if you want it anyway.

The gold weapons are cool for a bit, I used the sniper rifle probably longer than I should have, but nothing else is worth talking about. Even the chest that hands out the purples is kind of underwhelming IMO, definitely a crap shoot, and you can still get a gold key by signed up for Shift anyway.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

The only thing you'll miss is the character. Go ahead and cancel with amazon.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Wait.

TurtleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TurtleFish

Okay, thanks for the replies. I might keep the Amazon.ca order going just for giggles, but I'll go and get the Deluxe Edition elsewhere.

JGH

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By WinterSnowblind

The golden guns literally become useless as soon as you find another gun. It helps that you can start off with a sniper rifle and SMG, but as soon as you get another gun of the same type, which is usually by the end of the tutorial, they'll be useless.

5% magic find is useful, but there are better relics later on. Like others have said, the only thing you're really missing out on is the free Mecromancer.

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Icemo

That magic find relic is useless, level 28 now and the only orange I've had was a low level quest reward shield... You don't really need those pre-order bonuses, except for the mechromancer when it comes available.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Marcsman

@Abendlaender said:

So my Pre-Order Boni were three guns that were useless after half an hour and a gold key I wasted cause I didn't realize that the one chest is the golden key chest (got a level 6 shield, yay). I don't know about other Pre-Order Boni other than the Mechromancer class (which will be available for purchase). If nobody corrects me, I'd say you don't miss anything at all.

Ironically I wasted that key too

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.