Randy Pitchford giving out Golden Key codes on twitter.

• 144 results
#101 Posted by Redbullet685 (6024 posts) -

Awesome, now I have two golden keys. Guess I can use one now and then save the other for when I beat the game.

#102 Posted by golguin (3842 posts) -

Got it. Now I can redeem another in the next few levels.

#103 Edited by White (1320 posts) -
#104 Edited by Barrabas (325 posts) -

More codes. Active until 4pm CDT

PS3: KT5B3-Z93ZB-FH3KB-STCT3-JWKZX

Win PC: KJ5TB-FKZXH-FB3JJ-TBJB3-6H5BH

X360: KT5B3-Z93WF-BF6JF-KXBT3-JWKXS

#105 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

Jesus the 360 ones were gone quick.

#106 Edited by Chtasm (445 posts) -

The 360 code seemed to fail, but I kept hitting enter and it popped up two Golden Keys for moi. @laserbolts

edit: and it never actually said it succeeded in going through

#107 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2484 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

Jesus the 360 ones were gone quick.

These don't have a limit on the number used, just a 2 hour window to use them.

#108 Posted by mikey87144 (1662 posts) -

Couldn't login for a while on PS3, finally did it and now I have 11 keys to play with.

#109 Posted by golguin (3842 posts) -

No more golden keys?

#110 Posted by MB (11956 posts) -

@golguin said:

No more golden keys?

Don't worry dude, more to come -and if you ask me, Golden Keys are the least interesting thing that is possible with SHIFT code redemptions. Combine SHIFT with the fact that every item in Borderlands 2 has a "serial number" of sorts that allows it to be replicated - and distributed - and that makes for some very interesting possibilities coming out of Gearbox as we look forward to the Mechromancer and DLC.

So, not only can they grant keys, but I'm positive that they can give items as well. The possibilites could be limitless.

Moderator Online
#111 Posted by Scottish_Sin (221 posts) -

@MB said:

@golguin said:

No more golden keys?

Don't worry dude, more to come -and if you ask me, Golden Keys are the least interesting thing that is possible with SHIFT code redemptions. Combine SHIFT with the fact that every item in Borderlands 2 has a "serial number" of sorts that allows it to be replicated - and distributed - and that makes for some very interesting possibilities coming out of Gearbox as we look forward to the Mechromancer and DLC.

So, not only can they grant keys, but I'm positive that they can give items as well. The possibilites could be limitless.

Never thought about it but yeah, that could be really interesting if they start doing codes for items in game. From what Pitchford has been saying about SHIFT on twitter and how they're just testing the waters with the service, I could totally see something like that now that you bring it up.

#112 Posted by golguin (3842 posts) -

@Scottish_Sin said:

@MB said:

@golguin said:

No more golden keys?

Never thought about it but yeah, that could be really interesting if they start doing codes for items in game. From what Pitchford has been saying about SHIFT on twitter and how they're just testing the waters with the service, I could totally see something like that now that you bring it up.

That's good because I've only used one golden key (currently have 5) at level 28 and I got a crappy shotgun that shoots a blob of slag that's simply an upgraded version of the same eridium shotgun I found at level 21, but I did get an amazing SMG that shoots balls of lightning that I still use at level 32 and it's my most damaging weapon I have.

#113 Posted by Swaboo (451 posts) -

WinPC: 5TW33-SRZFH-63J33-BJ3TJ-FXF9F

PS3: KJCBT-3WCZT-FH3CT-S3CBJ-W3FT6

X360: KTKJT-Z3K5F-BR63X-K63T3-BBK66

New SHiFT codes good for a Golden Key for Borderlands 2 about to drop. These will be active for two hours starting at 6pm Central time

#114 Posted by Scottish_Sin (221 posts) -

Thanks, got mine!

#115 Posted by DarknessMyOldFriend (203 posts) -

There should really be a way to activate these through your shift page without needing to be on your system. Who the hell is at home in the middle of the day? People with jobs like to get bonus content too.

#116 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1033 posts) -

@DarknessMyOldFriend said:

There should really be a way to activate these through your shift page without needing to be on your system. Who the hell is at home in the middle of the day? People with jobs like to get bonus content too.

People with jobs can afford more games...

#117 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@TrafalgarLaw said:

How does this effect the codes and keys? Also I have a job and can not afford ALL the games that come out. So stop making mass assumptions. 
#118 Posted by DarknessMyOldFriend (203 posts) -
@TrafalgarLaw: Just masterful stuff.
#119 Posted by Portis (1285 posts) -

@Swaboo said:

WinPC: 5TW33-SRZFH-63J33-BJ3TJ-FXF9F

PS3: KJCBT-3WCZT-FH3CT-S3CBJ-W3FT6

X360: KTKJT-Z3K5F-BR63X-K63T3-BBK66

New SHiFT codes good for a Golden Key for Borderlands 2 about to drop. These will be active for two hours starting at 6pm Central time

Missed 'em by 15 minutes. Fuck.

#120 Posted by mosespippy (4031 posts) -

I missed the most recent code. As I was about to enter the code when someone joined my game and offered me a better version of The Bee than what I had and a Critical Conference Call so we did an exchange and farmed Terra for a bit. By the time we finished the code had expired.

#121 Posted by selbie (1841 posts) -

Fuck fuckity fuckfuck. Damn you Randy, you ninja.

#122 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1033 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@TrafalgarLaw said:

How does this effect the codes and keys? Also I have a job and can not afford ALL the games that come out. So stop making mass assumptions.

Where did I say you can afford ALL the games? I just said more. You are also making assumptions that the people claiming the DLC before you do, do not have jobs. I'd take a job over sitting all day on my ass waiting for a DLC code, if that makes you feel any better.

#123 Posted by Capum15 (4807 posts) -

I managed to get this last one, after missing a few. Got some okay guns, though I'm still saving the rest I have.

#124 Posted by DarknessMyOldFriend (203 posts) -
@TrafalgarLaw said:

Where did I say you can afford ALL the games? I just said more. You are also making assumptions that the people claiming the DLC before you do, do not have jobs. I'd take a job over sitting all day on my ass waiting for a DLC code, if that makes you feel any better.

Ok, let's walk through this from the beginning. The codes went from being count limited to time limited. Now there's an unlimited number of activations per code as long as it's within a specified time period. Those time periods have been very inconvenient for those of us who are not at home in the middle of the day. If we could activate those codes over the Shift service itself it would be both more convenient for us and a more effective way of driving use and awareness of the Shift service.

I, someone who very much enjoys Borderlands and have purchased all available Borderlands 2 content, would very much like to have the same access to the golden keys that anyone else with the same interest level in the Borderlands franchise has.

The fact that I could go buy another game instead of playing Borderlands does nothing to help me play more borderlands.

Thank you though for filtering my post through your consciousness so that my little remark about wanting equal access to a virtual key in a game to access a virtual item that is a fun little bonus became instead an attack on the unemployed. I didn't realize that admitting to having a job on the internet made me a de facto member of the 1%. Having been thus informed I will go find a peasant to wipe my €1800 bespoke quarter-brogued cap toe oxfords upon. They were made by hand in Spain, a country you probably have never heard of, considering your no doubt public school education.
#125 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1033 posts) -

My public school education? Hay una panaderia por aqui? Look, I don't understand how I offended you and I apologize.

#126 Posted by Wacomole (815 posts) -

Ok, let's walk through this from the beginning. The codes went from being count limited to time limited. Now there's an unlimited number of activations per code as long as it's within a specified time period. Those time periods have been very inconvenient for those of us who are not at home in the middle of the day. If we could activate those codes over the Shift service itself it would be both more convenient for us and a more effective way of driving use and awareness of the Shift service. I, someone who very much enjoys Borderlands and have purchased all available Borderlands 2 content, would very much like to have the same access to the golden keys that anyone else with the same interest level in the Borderlands franchise has.

Calm down, boss. These are primarily tests for Gearbox themselves. The fact that we get something out of it is not really the issue in this instance. This post will now follow a branching path...

[ * If you're in the USA... The code test that was posted during your work day was actually specifically targeted at we European users' "Prime Time". ]

[* If you're in Europe... The code tests that have been posted during your work day and in the middle of the night have been targeted at a convenient time for users in the USA. ]

But, yes, the ability to redeem codes via your PC would be handy.

#127 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@TrafalgarLaw

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@TrafalgarLaw said:

Your statement still makes no sense what so ever.
#128 Posted by morrelloman (606 posts) -

THEY ARE GOING LIVE WITH codes that will be good for a three hour window. TWICE tonight and Twice tomorrow. Follow official gearbox @gearboxsoftware

Each code will be able to be used once per account, and will be active for three hours apiece.

Specifically, we'll be posting codes on 10/5 at 6PM and 11PM CT and on 10/6 at 5AM, 11AM and 3PM CT.

Keep an eye out, as we'll soon be handing out SHiFT codes that can be redeemed for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2.

#129 Posted by Forcen (1804 posts) -

They are posted on twitter now!

#130 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

Here they are:

PC SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: WBK3T-TSH6Z-633B3-BT3TT-Z6SR5 [Active 6PM-9PM CT on 10/5] 

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: C3CBJ-CW5CR-3R6TR-5F33T-5RXZX [Active 6PM-9PM CT on 10/5] 

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: C3CBJ-CW5HJ-6S3WJ-9B53T-5RX6C [Active 6PM-9PM CT on 10/5]

#131 Posted by hbkdx12 (779 posts) -

good job. Thanks guys

#132 Posted by selbie (1841 posts) -

Perfect timing!

#133 Posted by Marmalade (192 posts) -

Awesome, I'm up to four keys now. Guess I might as well use one since I've had a bit of a bad weapon drought. Thanks guys.

#134 Posted by mlarrabee (2885 posts) -

PC: CTCJ3-CSHRS-X3JJT-JJTTB-RSSZR

XBox 360: 53WJB-R5CW6-JR6B6-5XTJT-HZFWH

PS3: 53WJB-R5CZ3-RS3C3-9TWJT-HZFHR

#135 Edited by Droop (1828 posts) -

Damn! Missed the last code by a couple of minutes. Oh well. It looks like there's 3 more coming today (US time)

Edit: NEW CODES!

@GearboxSoftware: PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: 5JKJT-S5WZJ-FH3WB-Z35J3-9W3XZ [Active 5AM-8AM CT on 10/6]

@GearboxSoftware: Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: 5JKJT-S5WWR-BF6TF-W63J3-9W3SK [Active 5AM-8AM CT on 10/6]

@GearboxSoftware: PC SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: W3KB3-X996S-F3TJB-TJBBJ-R5RZJ [Active 5AM-8AM CT on 10/6]

#136 Posted by Eaxis (899 posts) -

Some of these times has been convinient for me, so I've been able to get most of them. Got 2 keys when I pre-ordered and signed up for shift, up to 11 keys now. Think I should use at least one when I hit lvl 20.

#137 Posted by MB (11956 posts) -

@Eaxis said:

Some of these times has been convinient for me, so I've been able to get most of them. Got 2 keys when I pre-ordered and signed up for shift, up to 11 keys now. Think I should use at least one when I hit lvl 20.

Check out my thread on golden key use results at Level 50...if I had it to do all over again, I would have used a key every 5 levels all the way up through the leveling process. Once you hit 50, there are purple and eridium weapons dropping literally everywhere...I saved all of my keys until 50, used all six or seven at once and ended up with nothing but vendor trash. I just finally got something useful yesterday, an E-Tech Sniper Rifle.

I'm pleading with all of my friends not to save their keys until 50. It seems like the opposite of what is intended.

Moderator Online
#138 Posted by golguin (3842 posts) -

Got it. I now currently have 7 keys and I've used one about 10 levels ago. I think I'll use another key once I hit level 40.

#139 Posted by mlarrabee (2885 posts) -

PC: 5BCBT-SZ969-6J3JJ-BJTJT-C56T9

XBox 360: CT5J3-BF5CX-366JF-W63TJ-XSKZZ

PS3: CT5J3-BF5HT-693KB-Z35TJ-XSKRT

Valid from 11 AM until 2 PM, CT, October 6th.

#140 Posted by mlarrabee (2885 posts) -

PC: CTCTB-3BTZZ-6BBJJ-TTJTB-JXCHC

XBox 360: CJKT3-WRK5R-3XR36-KRJJJ-5XJZW

PS3: CJKT3-WRK9J-6ZJ53-SJKJJ-5XJTR

Valid from 3 PM until 6 PM, CT, October 6th.

#141 Posted by dudeglove (7684 posts) -

@mlarrabee: Works, thanks for the heads up!

#142 Posted by SMTDante89 (2545 posts) -

I know this thread was originally for Golden Keys but they're giving out Shift codes today for new customization skins for all the characters that are active until November 5th. Right now they have codes out for Maya, Salvador and Axton, with Zer0 coming a little later today (4PM CT). Here's the codes so far, they're being posted on Gearbox Software's Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Maya:

PC SHiFT Code: WTKBJ-XRHTW-C63BT-JTB33-J6C9T

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WJC3T-SS6S5-X9FTF-WRTB3-BT39H

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: KTCTJ-ZHCKB-BKKW3-STCJT-3FZTW

Salvador:

PC SHiFT Code: CTK3J-9XH3W-CRB3J-33TBJ-9JJHW

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTK33-HFR95-RZRJX-KRBB3-CZ3KF

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: C3W3B-5JX5J-3C55J-ZJWTJ-RH3HR

Axton:

PC SHiFT Code: KT53J-36HBK-W6JJ3-BJJB3-WH95H

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: KBKBT-WH6Z5-X96B6-WX3TJ-5J6J3

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CJ5T3-5H5KT-3KCKT-9JKBB-3SKHT

#143 Posted by dudeglove (7684 posts) -

@SMTDante89: Sweet! Thanks for the heads up. Seems they're halloween skins.

#144 Posted by golguin (3842 posts) -

The codes are in the annotations at the end of the video. Codes still work as of this posting.

#145 Edited by Marmalade (192 posts) -

Gearbox has just posted a new set of codes on Twitter, active for three hours. Get 'em while they're hot!

PC/Mac: WTW3B-BB3SK-WXBJJ-3BB3J-ZSXKX

PS3: KBC3T-SCK9C-JCCWT-ZJK3J-CB5TF

X360: KJKBB-XTH5S-R9RTF-5XBJJ-HXHC6

Another batch of codes are gonna be dropping in five hours.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.