remember that 3rd person mod for PC?

#1 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

it would be awesome to have the option on consoles. i'll take over the shoulder view over first person any day.

#2 Posted by Tennmuerti (7957 posts) -

It wasn't really a mod.

Just a shortcut key assigned to an already existing option in the .ini file.

#3 Posted by Zacagawea (1577 posts) -

3rd person Borderlands does not seem right to me. Any 3rd person game without a cover system doesn't seem right to me.

#4 Posted by buft (3300 posts) -
@Zacagawea said:
3rd person Borderlands does not seem right to me. Any 3rd person game without a cover system doesn't seem right to me.
Max payne was pretty good and the upcoming warhammer game looks pretty good, i definitely would like the option too see my loot from a different angle though i imagine i would use the first person view for fighting.
#5 Posted by Irvandus (2777 posts) -

That would be cool. We need less 3rd person games without cover systems.

#6 Edited by valrog (3671 posts) -

Maybe we'll get a third person cover.
 
@Irvandus said:

That would be cool. We need less 3rd person games without cover systems.
Did you just contradict yourself?
#7 Posted by Daiphyer (1303 posts) -
@buft said:
@Zacagawea said:
3rd person Borderlands does not seem right to me. Any 3rd person game without a cover system doesn't seem right to me.
Max payne was pretty good and the upcoming warhammer game looks pretty good, i definitely would like the option too see my loot from a different angle though i imagine i would use the first person view for fighting.
You can't see the gun you're carrying in the third-person view when fighting. So first person view is the better option for seeing the loot.
#8 Posted by ajamafalous (11823 posts) -
@valrog said:
Maybe we'll get a third person cover.
 
@Irvandus said:
That would be cool. We need less 3rd person games without cover systems.
Did you just contradict yourself?
Yeah, he totally meant more.
#9 Posted by buft (3300 posts) -
@Daiphyer said:
@buft said:
@Zacagawea said:
3rd person Borderlands does not seem right to me. Any 3rd person game without a cover system doesn't seem right to me.
Max payne was pretty good and the upcoming warhammer game looks pretty good, i definitely would like the option too see my loot from a different angle though i imagine i would use the first person view for fighting.
You can't see the gun you're carrying in the third-person view when fighting. So first person view is the better option for seeing the loot.
I know but normally you can rotate the camera to get a good look at yourself, not always but thats kind of what i was aiming for.
#10 Posted by xyzygy (9871 posts) -

I feel like if they did this it would just be like playing Fallout 3 in third person. Completely shitty. The only thing that view is good for is looking at your guy.

#11 Posted by ThunderSlash (1514 posts) -

Brick took up half the screen in that mode, he was literally blocking the aiming reticle. It was glorious.

Online
#12 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

i wouldn't use this to look at the guns or anything, it's just that if i play any first person game for more than an hour or two, i start feeling nauseous/motion sickness-y. i've never finished a fallout or elder scrolls game, the FP view just ruins it for me.
 
it would be nice to have the option. i don't think it would require too much extra effort. and if you like the FP view, you wouldn't have to use the 3rd person view.
 
it's not like this is a competitive game where 3rd person view would let you see around a corner and give you an advantage. and 3rd person =/= cover system.  i don't need a cover system to hide from skags. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.