Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

remember that 3rd person mod for PC?

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By phrali

it would be awesome to have the option on consoles. i'll take over the shoulder view over first person any day.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

It wasn't really a mod.

Just a shortcut key assigned to an already existing option in the .ini file.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

3rd person Borderlands does not seem right to me. Any 3rd person game without a cover system doesn't seem right to me.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By buft
    @Zacagawea said:
    3rd person Borderlands does not seem right to me. Any 3rd person game without a cover system doesn't seem right to me.
    Max payne was pretty good and the upcoming warhammer game looks pretty good, i definitely would like the option too see my loot from a different angle though i imagine i would use the first person view for fighting.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

That would be cool. We need less 3rd person games without cover systems.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By valrog

Maybe we'll get a third person cover.

@Irvandus said:

Did you just contradict yourself?
    daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By daiphyer
    @buft said:
    @Zacagawea said:
    Max payne was pretty good and the upcoming warhammer game looks pretty good, i definitely would like the option too see my loot from a different angle though i imagine i would use the first person view for fighting.
    You can't see the gun you're carrying in the third-person view when fighting. So first person view is the better option for seeing the loot.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By ajamafalous
    @valrog said:
    Maybe we'll get a third person cover.

@Irvandus said:
    Did you just contradict yourself?
    Yeah, he totally meant more.
    buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By buft
    @Daiphyer said:
    @buft said:
    @Zacagawea said:
    You can't see the gun you're carrying in the third-person view when fighting. So first person view is the better option for seeing the loot.
    I know but normally you can rotate the camera to get a good look at yourself, not always but thats kind of what i was aiming for.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By xyzygy

I feel like if they did this it would just be like playing Fallout 3 in third person. Completely shitty. The only thing that view is good for is looking at your guy.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By ThunderSlash

Brick took up half the screen in that mode, he was literally blocking the aiming reticle. It was glorious.

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By phrali

i wouldn't use this to look at the guns or anything, it's just that if i play any first person game for more than an hour or two, i start feeling nauseous/motion sickness-y. i've never finished a fallout or elder scrolls game, the FP view just ruins it for me.

it would be nice to have the option. i don't think it would require too much extra effort. and if you like the FP view, you wouldn't have to use the 3rd person view.

it's not like this is a competitive game where 3rd person view would let you see around a corner and give you an advantage. and 3rd person =/= cover system.  i don't need a cover system to hide from skags. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.