Small tip regarding vehicles

#1 Posted by bushpusherr (852 posts) -

This might seem kind of obvious to some, but I just wanted to point it out in case people hadn't caught on to it on their own. When playing by yourself, you can always use the vehicle stations to deploy 2 vehicles. Every time I spawn vehicles, I almost always spawn both, and then go on my way with one of them to complete quests. Once you've done what you need to do, you can find another vehicle station close to you, and use your second vehicle as a fast travel point essentially.

This technique is especially useful when different quest chains have you traveling multiple times across a large landmass. By deploying to your different vehicles you can make up the ground very quickly. This is also a big help in the timed fetch quests. You can just park a vehicle in a desired location, and once you start the quest just hit up a vehicle station and deploy to the car you left.

#2 Posted by FriskyHeadCrab (41 posts) -

That's actually quite brilliant. Good tip mate.

#3 Posted by PrioritySeven (325 posts) -

You're a genius! Thanks!

#4 Posted by NicksCorner (433 posts) -

Awesome! I assumed it was just solely a coop feature.

#5 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1602 posts) -

Holy shit! That's ingenius!

#6 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

@bushpusherr: Holy crap, it never even crossed my mind to try that. That's going to save me from a whole lot of walking, thanks!

#7 Edited by bushpusherr (852 posts) -

Glad it could help some folks!! This is always what I did in the original Borderlands, and works just as well in BL2!

#8 Posted by Arbie (1437 posts) -

That's a fantastic tip. I'll be sure to pass it on to my friends who play solo more than me, too!

#9 Posted by MHumphreys89 (724 posts) -

Can you exit out of the game to get back to a major town like you could in General Knoxx? That was a game-saver for me.

#10 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

I feel this could help in those quests where you have a time limit.

#11 Posted by MideonNViscera (2252 posts) -

@Humphreys said:

Can you exit out of the game to get back to a major town like you could in General Knoxx? That was a game-saver for me.

I forgot all about that trick. That was crucial.

#12 Posted by Village_Guy (2667 posts) -

Holy batman, why the hell hadn't his occurred to me at any point before? That is an ingenious trick.

#13 Posted by Pabba (389 posts) -

@bushpusherr: Huh, never thought so this! And since I'm playing solo, it'll def come in handy. Thanks!

#14 Posted by hbkdx12 (779 posts) -

Yeah it's super useful. Used this a bunch in the original as well. 

It was pretty much the only way i was able to beat the timed mission for zed

#15 Posted by Skytylz (4039 posts) -

It's a good trick especially on a third or fourth playthrough when you know where you'll be going next. Worked great in the first game.

#16 Posted by HerbieBug (4208 posts) -

Nice.

Too bad it doesn't help for areas where no vehicle stations are available. I just did the enkindler sidequests- I think that's what they were called. The backtracking that asks you to do is insane. And on foot as well. Just worked my way up to what I think is the last one, Attend The Enkindling.... they want me to walk through all that? AGAIN? Fuck off. Ignore quest.

#17 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Goddamn, that's smart. Might actually finish 'Neither Rain nor Sleet nor Skag' now.

#18 Edited by CannedBread (30 posts) -

Man. Let me add to the horde calling you a genius. This is gonna help A LOT.

#19 Posted by kalmis (1549 posts) -

Pretty smart trick. Thanks mate.

#20 Posted by ShaggE (6722 posts) -

You are a gentleman and a scholar, sir.

#21 Posted by takayamasama (440 posts) -

Thanks @bushpusherr. without this tip I would not have been able to complete the Arms Dealer quest in the highlands.

2 mins to fucking grab 5 things from all the way on the other side of the map, then return back to the starting point. Jeff was right, the timed quests are a horrible addition.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.