Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

So Hyperius is kinda of a pain

Smokay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Smokay

Hyperius the invincible is the new Terramorphus style boss in the new DLC.He starts with 4 robot minions that he can shield and heal and them he has this weird attack that seems to be unavoidable that does a ton of damage.I was wondering if anyone has managed to solo him or know how his attack pattern works? I know hes not meant to soloed but im having a hard time finding a good group to face him with.My Gamertag is RawrIsmash if anyone is interested in helping.I would also like to know if he drops seraph crystals only,as I understand you trade those in for gear in Oasis and that he doesnt actually drop anything else.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By psylah

Bee + Conference Call

Smokay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Smokay

@psylah:

I tought they nerfed the Bee?

Scottish_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Scottish_Sin

Yeah, he's no joke with those shields and that red shock wave attack. Me and a buddy tried a few times to kill him tonight with no success. We'll try again tomorrow but as far as difficulty goes, he blows Terramorphous outta the water.

uberexplodey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By uberexplodey

@Smokay: He'll drop seraph crystals and some other loot, but I didn't get any oranges from when I beat him. Also, just from glancing over seraph weapons...not worth the raids. They kinda suck.

killerclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By killerclaw

@Smokay: Three people with bee + conference call can down him easily. If you have a full group without those OP items, you can still do it, just have to focus on him and ignore bots. Also doesn't hurt to have someone built for maximum ehp to revive and/or reviving sirens.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Anyone on 360 wanna help me kill him so I can get the achievement? 

Smokay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Smokay

@The_Laughing_Man:

I can help you out,my gamertag is RawrIsmash ill be on tommorow evening.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Smokay said:

@The_Laughing_Man:

I can help you out,my gamertag is RawrIsmash ill be on tommorow evening.

I can get the robots down alone. Just issues with his final form. HumanxHammer is me. 
    Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

After you beat Hyperius you have to go kill Master Gee. Pro tip for Master Gee. Kill worms and draw him into acid. You can't damage him with weapons.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#11  Edited By StarvingGamer

There's a pipe on the left right after you enter that you can use to break LoS and avoid his AoE attacks. What I did was go in fully DPS specced into my Siren with Bee and myriad guns while my friend ran his Gunzerker fully specced for durability/survivability. He would kite Hyperius to the left side of the arena so I could avoid taking any damage and I would pop in and out to damage him, the robots, and rez my friend if need be with Phaselock. I brought my Good Touch from Moxxi to keep my HP capped when necessary and shot my friend with healing whenever he was in danger of dying to the two-nova combo. We actually had a third player in the game but not participating in the fight so he was 3-players tough and we still managed to duo him with little difficulty.

No idea about solo though. Bee + CC doesn't do anywhere near enough damage to burn him down, he has crazy amounts of life. I could unload multiple clips into him and he would barely lose a sliver. Best I can think of is give yourself tons of HP/Shields, make sure you have a way to regen your health quickly, and get really good at dodging projectiles. Either that or get the Baby Maker SMG, that seems to be pretty effective.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I get home at pm est time anyone wanna kill this dude with me? 360 version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.