So I need help killing Hyperius the Invincible..

#1 Posted by SexyToad (2739 posts) -

So first of all, he is a PAIN. I am a lvl 50 Asassain while my brother is a lvl 50 commander. We've playing together trying to kill him and we just can't. So have you duders completed this feat and how? Should I just get bigger guns? I've been using a sniper that does (I believe around 15,000 damage) I had almost all the perks in the sniper tree, but while battling Hyperius, I moved my perks around and added some to the bloodshed tree. The mark of death and the throwing knoves are helping but it not enough! So back to the guns, should I try to look around for a badass sniper? And if so where?

#2 Edited by FaPaThY (102 posts) -

Better guns would definitely help. Not just for damage, but also because you'll simply run out of ammo before killing him and his adds if you don't have the firepower. If you want to go sniper for it, farm Terramorphus. You should be able to get 20-25k+ dmg purple sniper rifles off him relatively frequently. You'll also want high capacity shields to survive his AoE better. Both of you having the CC+Bee combo is recommended too. You definitely want a few other good weapons of other types as backup, because chances are high you'll run out of sniper ammo during the fight. If you have good Tediore weapons(Ie. babymaker or Tediore plasma caster, plus a +dmg%/magazine size relic), that helps a lot for burst damage while his shields are down.

As for the actual fight, if you have tediore weapons, start off by tossing down some slag grenades and tossing as many reloads at him as you can, to get a headstart on damage. When his shields go up and the loaders spawn, I recommend your Commando friend 'tank' the boss out it the open facing him away from you while you take cover behind the pipe near the entrance and shoot stuff from there, going for b0re shots as much as you can. You'll be able to avoid all the rockets and most of the AoE by being out of LoS of him there, letting you concentrate on shooting. Then just take out all the loaders, attack him whenever his shields are down, rinse and repeat. Supposedly, you can LoS his AoE by hiding behind the bots, so your friend should try to do that as much as possible to limit damage. Also, try to avoid double AoEs by waiting for him to do his own cast before taking down his shields, which will trigger another.

In the last phase, he should still go after your friend if he's the closest, and will definitely go after his turret, which I recommend he makes sure to have it ready to throw out as soon as that phase starts. Then just go to town on him and avoid his stomp if he goes after you. You should be able to hit him easily from medium-long range with Tediore reloads when he's busy with the turret too.

I do pretty much the same thing as above while soloing him on my Mechromancer(Without farming anarchy stacks). I start off with Tediore reloads, DT, and take cover behind the pipe, concentrating on the loaders and trying to kill them off completely while Hyperius is ~35-40% hp(Too low and he'll start his last phase with them still up, which is annoying). When he starts getting too close, I switch to my "tank set"(high capacity adaptive shield/+48%hp relic), then kite him away from the pipe, and repeat that circuit as needed. When pushing him over to his last phase, I make sure DT's off CD, I have my adaptive shield equipped and I'm at full shields/hp, since he'll AoE at the start of it. Then when DT has a hold of him, I'll use transfusion grenades to stay topped off and use tediore reloads on him until he dies.

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@SexyToad said:
So first of all, he is a PAIN. I am a lvl 50 Asassain while my brother is a lvl 50 commander. We've playing together trying to kill him and we just can't. So have you duders completed this feat and how? Should I just get bigger guns? I've been using a sniper that does (I believe around 15,000 damage) I had almost all the perks in the sniper tree, but while battling Hyperius, I moved my perks around and added some to the bloodshed tree. The mark of death and the throwing knoves are helping but it not enough! So back to the guns, should I try to look around for a badass sniper? And if so where?
Hes made to have a group kill him. Just get more people. Or google a video how to do it. 
#4 Posted by djou (828 posts) -

I was so frustrated with Hyperius that I quit the game. IMO he's cheap as hell, the aoe attack seems unavoidable and practically destroys you. I'm playing as a level 50 Siren respeced for shield/health regen and I'm using the cc/bee/tediore combo and he would destroy me. I tried on numerous occasions with other level 50s in groups of two or three and never succeeded. It takes a lot of teamwork, everyone needs to concentrate fire on the robot without shields and then figure out a way to keep him tethered to keep him from doing his jump attack. I went halfway once but couldn't finish. I'm happy to try if you want to send me a message, but I would recommend doing it on normal, nor tvhm. PSN jou321.

#5 Posted by SexyToad (2739 posts) -

@FaPaThY: Thanks alot for the advice!

@djou: Normal is for weaklings! Also thanks for the offer but I don't have a PS3 and I'm playing on the PC. @The_Laughing_Man: I also have slow internet so I can't get a group of 4 together. I've been playing with my brother over LAN.

#6 Posted by StarvingGamer (7546 posts) -

@djou said:

I'm using the cc/bee/tediore combo

Well there's your first problem.

@SexyToad: If you want a hand you can add me on Steam here. My play hours a pretty strange though, I'm usually only available from 10:00AM-3:00PM PST M-F. Some weeknights I will also pop on from 12:00AM-2:00AM.

#7 Posted by SexyToad (2739 posts) -

@StarvingGamer: Thanks, but my internet has a ping of 1000 ms D: So online gaming is impossible for me.

#8 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@SexyToad

@FaPaThY: Thanks alot for the advice!

@djou: Normal is for weaklings! Also thanks for the offer but I don't have a PS3 and I'm playing on the PC. @The_Laughing_Man: I also have slow internet so I can't get a group of 4 together. I've been playing with my brother over LAN.

Normal or new game plus does not effect the raid bosses if I recall right.

A good way to fight him is to get him down to two robots then drop his shields and wail on him.

I can get him down to no robots by myself. But after that I have issues.
#9 Posted by hbkdx12 (779 posts) -

Fuck that guy. Anytime i would play in a group, he would instantly do his AOE attack which would down everyone. 

Playing alone he never seemed to do it but before you even start inflicting sizeable damage you start to get hard up on ammo.  It's really ridiculous.

Heard master Gee is pretty dickish too. 

I loved the shit out of borderlands 2 but the DLC left a bad taste for me

Really hope i don't regret getting the season pass

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.