So there's, uhh... new DLC (sort of)?

#1 Posted by dudeglove (7720 posts) -

Steam has just informed me that there's two new bits of DLC - the Collector's Edition Pack and Creature Slaughterdome - now available for BL2. Anyone else seen/played this yet? Worth looking into? Load of bollocks? Discuss.

#2 Posted by Karkarov (3056 posts) -

Well the collectors pack is just all the in game content you got with the collector's edition of the game. IE: Collectors only heads and skins so on so forth. The creature slaughterhouse.... I got nothing. It mentions Moxxi though so maybe it is another underdome like event?

#3 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3630 posts) -

You know the bandit and robot arena missions in the main game of Borderlands 2?  They each have five waves, and are non-repeatable "horde mode" style missions.  The Creature Slaughterdome is just like those, only with Pandora's wildlife.   It should also be noted that the Creature Slaughterdome can be played in co-op mode with anyone who already has the content from a pre-order.  Only the host needs the content.

The Collector's edition pack is four new skins, four new heads, and a new grenade type. 

Neither of these are worth five dollars.  Not even close to it.  I wouldn't suggest them for one dollar.

#4 Posted by CatsAkimbo (614 posts) -

I think the creature slaughter thing is the bonus that came with GameStop preorders, and I hear it's kinda lame.

#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@CatsAkimbo said:

I think the creature slaughter thing is the bonus that came with GameStop preorders, and I hear it's kinda lame.

Its the same as the other domes. Just with cretures. It even has a chance to spawn that one insect boss. 
#6 Posted by laserbolts (5317 posts) -

5 bucks for some Borderlands arena action? No thank you Randy.

#7 Posted by mosespippy (4103 posts) -

@CatsAkimbo said:

It was but it was on the disc. If a host went there and you didn't have it then you'd be able to keep going there on that play through with that character. It's a great place to farm for Vermivorous since round 2 is almost completely varkids. It's an efficient place to farm chubbies, ultimate badass varkids and vermivorous for all their skins, heads and legendaries. Of course you could always just have someone duplicate theirs for you so that you don't have to farm.

#8 Posted by Crixaliz (782 posts) -

Collector's Edition gives you these heads:

#9 Posted by Zaapp1 (658 posts) -

At least you can totally make your Siren into Jack...

#10 Posted by SeanCoughing (261 posts) -

Damn dude that reminds me, I got that creature slaughter dome code from GameStop and I never saw that shit anywhere.

#11 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@SeanCoughing said:
Damn dude that reminds me, I got that creature slaughter dome code from GameStop and I never saw that shit anywhere.
Its in the animal testing place. 
#12 Edited by bushpusherr (771 posts) -

@SeanCoughing said:

last time I got anything like that from Gamestop, they had starting just giving all preorder codes on the receipt for the game. And it was also weird how often they neglect to mention that.

This is assuming you meant you couldn't find the code anywhere, not that you couldn't find the dome anywhere lol

#13 Posted by HadesTimes (804 posts) -

Prob will just wait for it to be on a steam sale for $2 each or something.

#14 Posted by SeanCoughing (261 posts) -
@bushpusherr Yes I meant that I couldn't find the dome. Gonna have to go check it out now, is it repeatable?
#15 Posted by Ben1sawsm (8 posts) -

Does anyone know when/if this will be coming to psn?

#16 Posted by Keavy_Rain (129 posts) -

I already had Creature Slaughter Dome, but bought the Collector's Edition pack.

The reason why is I had the Loot Chest pre-ordered on Amazon and they fudged my order. GameStop was able to hook me up with a pre-order for the basic game at 6PM the day before release to get me my Premiere Club, but I really wanted that Gunzerker head.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.