Spawning Vermimorous...

#1 Posted by White (1341 posts) -

...Is such a bitch! God dammit! Twice now I had Super Badass Varkids that wouldn't wanna go to Ultimate Badass. And I only managed to get ONE to UBAss out of 2 hours worth of Varkid taunting and he died cause he, too, wouldn't wanna evolve after murdering countless Threshers and Spiderants.

#2 Posted by mosespippy (4133 posts) -

I haven't tried that much since I don't have a group to farm him with. Any trying that I have done has been on my own, which is only ending badly.

#3 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

If it doesn't happen after like 15 minutes, cut your losses and try again because it ain't going to happen.

#4 Edited by psylah (2170 posts) -

Start with the Varkids that spawn as Badasses. They can upgrade all the way to Vermivorous.

Also, get the badass varkid to kill mobs in the area, it helps speed up the leveling process.

#5 Edited by White (1341 posts) -

Default Badass Varkids are pretty rare. I normally herd all the Larva Varkids, get 3 or 4 to Badasses, and kite them to thresher town to duke it out. That, or I keep running around in circles casting Phaselock and hope the damage is enough to prompt an evolution.

There HAS to be an easier way to farm this guy... Seriously, 30min of incubating (best case scenario) a boss that's probably got a small chance to drop orange loot? So inefficient.

#6 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

@psylah: Did you beat the sonuvabitch? Is it possible to solo him?

#7 Edited by psylah (2170 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@psylah: Did you beat the sonuvabitch? Is it possible to solo him?

I haven't myself, but I've seen guides to it.

Me and the guys I roll with all have The Bee and Conference Call, so he'd be a pushover.

Bee + CC kills Warrior in less than 1 magazine, and Terramorphous in 1.5

#8 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7079 posts) -

Another thing is that Varkids are more likely to evolve with more Varkids around so maybe try keeping some alive for a bit.

#9 Posted by White (1341 posts) -

Wasted $5mil in respawns and what did Vermi drop? NOTHING.

Great use of money and time.

#10 Posted by laserbolts (5319 posts) -

Is there anywhere else you can get the bee besides the radio station guy? I have killed him for hours and he wont drop it for me.

#11 Posted by White (1341 posts) -

@laserbolts: You have to keep trying. It took me 3h for the shield to drop in my game.

The wikia for Borderlands 2 states that "Blue" in the Caustic Caverns also drops the shield, but I reckon it's a lower percentage. Plus, running to Blue, killing him, and quitting out is very time consuming when compared to farming Hunter.

#12 Edited by Tennmuerti (8075 posts) -

*cough*

my first solo kill, took about 5 tries to spawn and an hour of time, result = big fat nothing /spit ... goddamn overgrown cockroach
some good PC people were able to find a way to make Vermivorous spawn out of every adult pod (instead of the adult), boy did I get an assraping for a while
a lot of hard work and 20+ deaths later, a few hours, Verm finally ponies up a few oranges
#13 Posted by White (1341 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

*cough*

...

some good PC people were able to find a way to make Vermivorous spawn out of every adult pod (instead of the adult), boy did I get an assraping for a while

... HOW?!?!?!

#14 Posted by StarvingGamer (8157 posts) -

@laserbolts: Man, that's rough. I got like three in 15 minutes.

#15 Edited by Tennmuerti (8075 posts) -

@White: http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=557381&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=840&sid=fd90f2de87acefcbc0871046e5059be5

Lower third of the page, post by pox911 it's a script that searches for all active adult spawning pods in the zone and swaps what they are supposed to spawn into Vermivorous.

Careful spawning too many Verms close to the zone starting spawn point :D

PS: Also there are a huge number of other hacks for Borderlands 2 in that thread, but down that dark road lies super fast boredom, so I advise against using shit like godmode and other stuff that makes the game easier (like badass rank or skill points increases). I just could not be fucked to play babysitter with varkids for hours coaxing every Verm spawn. Fighting multiple Verms even with the Bee and Conference Calls is still fun when you are doing it legitimately.

#16 Edited by White (1341 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

@White: http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=557381&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=840&sid=fd90f2de87acefcbc0871046e5059be5

Lower third of the page, post by pox911 it's a script that searches for all active adult spawning pods in the zone and swaps what they are supposed to spawn into Vermivorous.

Careful spawning too many Verms close to the zone starting spawn point :D

PS: Also there are a huge number of other hacks for Borderlands 2 in that thread, but down that dark road lies super fast boredom, so I advise against using shit like godmode and other stuff that makes the game easier (like badass rank or skill points increases). I just could not be fucked to play babysitter with varkids for hours coaxing every Verm spawn. Fighting multiple Verms even with the Bee and Conference Calls is still fun when you are doing it legitimately.

C.. CE?!

Shit. I made a personal vow to myself to NOT use any form of in memory editor (because it's hella unsafe). Oh well, back to boring old fashion manual labor.

EDIT: Well. Let's hope someone finds a way to alter the loot tables so I don't have to waste 6 hours farming shit. Then, I will consider CE.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.