Doesn't seem like there's a thread like this yet. So how's about sharing what y'all know about this or that in the game? Exploits or what have you (although nothing that involves altering save files). Who has the best drops? Where's the best runs? What's the easiest way to get this or that achievement? Where's Jimmy Jenkins? Stuff that might not be obvious from the get-go or revealed via the loading screen messages.
I'll go first:
- Spamming explosive Tediore reloads is a ludicrously easy way of mowing down badasses and bosses right from the start of the game, although you'll burn through ammo so fast it's not even funny. To get the most damage out of the reload, fire off just one round then chuck it. It explodes on direct contact with the enemy (kinda like TF2's demoman). Works best with pistols and SMGs (due to biggest magazines) and, as far as I know, any elemental effects the gun has carry over into the explosion. Combo this with a singularity grenade beforehand and you're golden. Even better for gunzerkers. There's about three different challenges and an achievement associated with this technique too, so it's a super easy way to rack up badass points early on.
- Shotguns absolutely devastate Threshers and Crystalisks up close due to their multiple crit points.
- ION Loader barrier robot bullshit is interrupted by singularity grenades and/or phaselock.
- A good place for the "Goliath, Meet David" achievement is the Once and Future Slab story mission (when you meet Brick). Early into the waves there will be a Goliath. Shoot his helmet, then just let him kill everyone (occasionally help him out if he's getting mobbed). Eventually you'll have your God-liath. Now spam Tediore reloads.
- Grenade jumping is still a thing, but take the mod off first. Also works with rocket launchers. Useful if you want to shortcut up to a ledge somewhere or get up onto a roof that would otherwise take some amount of walking/jumping.
Your turn, if you like, or just tell me to suk it or something.