Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

The Borderlands 2 Level 50 Country Club

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Scotto

The title should kind of explain this thread. Let us know if you've reached max level with at least one character, what you thought of the experience, and what you plan to do now.

I just hit 50 this morning, myself. Planning to finish TVHM (currently on "Data Mining"), then farm myself a Bee shield, then get to work on killing the four-man bosses. Need a break from the story before I start going through it a third time or more with new characters, assuming I ever do.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

I hit level 50 as Zero and have completed everything. I liked the game but not as much as I liked the first game. Now I'm trying to S rank the game, I need to get the Gunzerk for 90 seconds achievement and 100 kills with the turret.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Scotto

I did it with Axton. I love the new Commando class, with the exception that it seems to focus on assault rifles in the skill tree, yet I personally have found assault rifles mostly useless so far. Using a lot of pistols and SMGs primarily. I've heard there are some really badass level 50 asault rifles to be found though.

ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

Yeah I got into a public game where someone was doing the infinite key glitch. So I loaded up on weapons. My best AR does 11756 damage and my best SMG does 6727.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By MiniPato

Do you have to own Borderlands 2 to join this club?

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By HH

i hit 50 with a siren yesterday, killed the warrior this morning, ran around a bit in 2.5, and got a new character to level 8 just so i could free up some bank slots.

i got bored early on with the first borderlands, it was bad timing more than anything though, i have to be in the right mood for "gamey" games, i usually prefer more realism if you know what i mean. had a blast this time, i love the class mod system.

there's more siren builds i want to try out, but first to attempt Terra with this boss build, I've been trying to join a game but there hasn't been a single one on the browser list all day, am i missing something?

ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

@MiniPato: Yes and you have to be a white protestant male.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I've played one complete playthrough as Axton, thinking he'd be just like Roland and I fucking hated it. There weren't any good assault rifles to be found, the turret was kinda useless until I got the rockets add-on, and I couldn't get over the idea of popping a turret and hiding. With Roland, I'd pop a turret and then go Rambo on everything that moved because, in retrospect, he was built to be the support class (the support gunner class mod was my favourite). I guess I expected Axton to be that and he just wasn't.

So I started over with Zer0, and holy balls the Bloodshed tree is awesometacular. I'm currently about to pop level 40 and I can see myself easily finishing TVHM at this point. Although I might hold off if I ding 50 before the end. You know, because it won't be too long before Borderlands 2 gets a level cap patch.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Scotto

@Oldirtybearon said:

I've played one complete playthrough as Axton, thinking he'd be just like Roland and I fucking hated it. There weren't any good assault rifles to be found, the turret was kinda useless until I got the rockets add-on, and I couldn't get over the idea of popping a turret and hiding. With Roland, I'd pop a turret and then go Rambo on everything that moved because, in retrospect, he was built to be the support class (the support gunner class mod was my favourite). I guess I expected Axton to be that and he just wasn't.

So I started over with Zer0, and holy balls the Bloodshed tree is awesometacular. I'm currently about to pop level 40 and I can see myself easily finishing TVHM at this point. Although I might hold off if I ding 50 before the end. You know, because it won't be too long before Borderlands 2 gets a level cap patch.

Axton's turret becomes a BEAST once you get rockets. Being able to stick it to a ceiling or wall a mile away with the Longbow perk is amazing too.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Scotto

@MiniPato said:

Do you have to own Borderlands 2 to join this club?

You have to have one of those fancy black American Express cards, that let you buy space ships and stuff.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By laserbolts

Just hit 50 yesterday and am on the data mining quest. My guns are shit though so I'm not sure if I'll even kill terramorphus ever.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Level 50? Well, here's my experience with it. Fuck all enemies that deal any form of explosive damage.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Been level 50 for a bit. Also killed Terremorphics around 3 times and have my orange class mod. 

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By EthanielRain

@Oldirtybearon said:

Yeah I've been really disappointed in Axton, coming in thinking he'd be more like Roland was...but I guess that was the point of having all new player characters (not having them play the exact same way). I also started over with Zer0 and have been enjoying him ^_^v

sneedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sneedy

hit level 50 a couple of days ago in TVHM as Zero, with a topped out Sniper tree, playing solo. just about to do 'the man who would be jack' but wondering whether i should bother until and unless they raise the level cap - i'm not seeing the XPs from post-level-50 missions count against my total. anybody know what happens to those? do they just disappear (like all that eridium)?

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HH

@sneedy: post 50 play is purely for fun or for honing your build, xp goes nowhere. also if they are true to form with a raise of level cap everything at this level will become redundant pretty much straight away, so as far as I can tell you're better off doing what's there now, rather than waiting.

i'm closing in on 50 with my 2nd character at the moment, a commando, still having infinite fun with the class mod system, will probably take on a mechromancer too at some point.

sneedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sneedy

@HH: thanks @HH. not sure what happened with Borderlands 1 but I'm assuming that, even if any post-level-50 XPs I earn now don't count towards a higher cap, I will have that many more opportunities to earn XPs if and when the do raise the cap IF i don't do those missions now. are you saying it probably won't work like that?

rather than not playing while i'm waiting for the cap rise (because who can stop?) i'll probably try another character. i was mordechai in BL1 (sense a pattern?) so i'll probably try something different - like maybe the mechromancer ...

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HH

@sneedy: it will work like that, but xp gains from the new missions will be greater than xp gains from the old missions, and rewards will be better, like new greens will be better than old blues etc. i'm only guessing but that's usually how this model works i think.

Rhinox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rhinox

I hit level 50 with my siren a couple days ago. I have a commando at level 49, just waiting for a good day to grind the rest.

Been dipping a toe into DLC before finishing TVHM, so I've some really good equipment for both. I'm in love with splat shotties (i have one acidic, one fire) and my 2 electric sniper rifles.

I have an assassin at level 21 that I look forward to getting up there as well. My wife runs a gunzerker so I probably won't play one of those myself. Overall, I'm quite thrilled with each class I've played, especially the commando. It took me a long while to get the hang of playing Roland in the first game, but for some reason Axton and I got along well from the start. I haven't capstoned any of his trees, nor will I till level cap gets raised, but my turret has shields, missles, longbow and sticky tech. I can put it anywhere in the field and make a difference. It's cover for my allies, it's an aggressor so I can hide if need be, it does everything I wish Roland's turret had done.

Pabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Pabba

Hit level 50 with my Siren a few weeks ago. Now working on leveling up another character so that I can play DLC and actually gain some experience, which makes shooting enemies more rewarding. Looking forward to the level cap being increased at some point.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By DoctorTran

Finally hit 50 while going through her True Vault Hunter run-through. Feels food.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.