Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Tipping Moxxie

BRNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BRNK

I've seen some people say they've gotten loot from tipping Moxxie, but I've had no such luck. I've probably given her around 15K and all I've gotten are some sassy quips. Have you tipped her? Did she give you loot? What's the deal, duders?

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Bane122

Yeah you get two really good purple smgs. You have to tip her quite a lot for them, though.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spoonman671

I'm pretty sure the two SMGs is all she'll give you.  I've kept on tipping her in hopes of getting a nice shotgun or assault rifle, but I think I've gotten all I will get out of her.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bane122

Does anyone know if you can only get the guns once or if you tip her again at a higher level can you get level appropriate versions?

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bane122

@rebgav said:

@Bane122 said:

Does anyone know if you can only get the guns once or if you tip her again at a higher level can you get level appropriate versions?

You can get leveled versions of the Good Touch. I think that she only gives the Bad Touch once, and you may not get the "Miss Moxxi's" name, though it will have the decal.

Cool, I'll have to start tipping her again, then. Thanks.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By napalm

@rebgav said:

@Spoonman671 said:

I'm pretty sure the two SMGs is all she'll give you. I've kept on tipping her in hopes of getting a nice shotgun or assault rifle, but I think I've gotten all I will get out of her.

She'll give you a shotgun and a handgun as quest rewards.

What are her quests? I somehow activated a bunch of quests after Sanctuary... err... moves, and when I went to go talk to her, she said, "finished with that job yet?" I never activated a quest from her. I only clicked her to talk when I was handing out invites to Claptrap's party, and the whole "which four brothers murdered this guy" quest.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By Barrabas

@Napalm: That's just throw away dialog that quest giving npc's will say when they don't have anything unique to say. I've heard all the guys from Borderlands 1 say something similar, even when you're not on a quest for them. I guess it's supposed to refer to whatever quest you're currently on since you're never not on a quest in the game.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spoonman671
    @rebgav said:

@Spoonman671 said:

I'm pretty sure the two SMGs is all she'll give you. I've kept on tipping her in hopes of getting a nice shotgun or assault rifle, but I think I've gotten all I will get out of her.

Yeah, I'm actually using her shotgun now.  I just meant what you get from tipping her.
    Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bane122

@rebgav: Great avatar, btw. I loved that show.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By alternate

If you tip at least 50k I heard she lets you motorboat her.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By OldManLight

@alternate said:

If you tip at least 50k I heard she lets you motorboat her.

lol. i got 2 purple SMG's from her. 1st at 15K i believe and the 2nd at 30K. Someone came into my game when i was playing with a couple friends and gave me $1 million so even after dividing it 3 ways with my buddies 15K wasn't a big deal.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MideonNViscera

I've only got the first one so far but it's really good.

brandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By brandino

@Napalm said:

@rebgav said:

@Spoonman671 said:

What are her quests? I somehow activated a bunch of quests after Sanctuary... err... moves, and when I went to go talk to her, she said, "finished with that job yet?" I never activated a quest from her. I only clicked her to talk when I was handing out invites to Claptrap's party, and the whole "which four brothers murdered this guy" quest.

Marcus gives you a quest to fetch some loot and when you get it, you can either return it to moxxie for a shotgun or him for something.

tallTuck94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By tallTuck94

@Barrabas said:

@Napalm: That's just throw away dialog that quest giving npc's will say when they don't have anything unique to say. I've heard all the guys from Borderlands 1 say something similar, even when you're not on a quest for them. I guess it's supposed to refer to whatever quest you're currently on since you're never not on a quest in the game.

I think they only say "Are you done with the job yet?" when you have a job activated that links in with them in some way. They don't have to give you the quest but they could be involved.

If they have no jobs or are not involved with any current quests they say things like " I got no jobs for you" instead.

However I could have invented that all up in my head!

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By napalm

@tallTuck94 said:

@Barrabas said:

I think they only say "Are you done with the job yet?" when you have a job activated that links in with them in some way. They don't have to give you the quest but they could be involved.

If they have no jobs or are not involved with any current quests they say things like " I got no jobs for you" instead.

You're right. I was on the sexy Moxxi* pictures quest and she was a turn in-able quest giver that I didn't know about.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By morrelloman

This sounds great. You have to think of it as the equivalent of buying the guns for $15K each. Cuz there are no other good guns to buy, why is Marcus so useless?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By AhmadMetallic

We're all using "SMGs" as code for sexual favors right? I'm tipping her so I can get some Mass Effect gameplay on if you catch my drift.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Karkarov

@AhmadMetallic said:

We're all using "SMGs" as code for sexual favors right? I'm tipping her so I can get some Mass Effect gameplay on if you catch my drift.

More than likely. I know I have a co op buddy that takes a good 20 minutes in sanctuary every time and he spends 10 minutes of it at least with his sniper equipped standing at Moxxi's bar.

Just kidding. He only does it for 5 minutes tops.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By donchipotle

One of the ones (Bad Touch, I think) vibrates when you have it equipped. It increases the vibration when you zoom. The only way to stop it from vibrating is to shoot a hot wad into someone's face.

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Icemo

I have gotten Moxxi's Bad touch twice, first one is level 18 and second 28. I hope she keeps giving them as I get nearer to level 50.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

You get an SMG that turns your controller into a vibrator. It's her favorite gun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.