True Vault Hunter mode

#1 Posted by TheDoorman (534 posts) -

I've seen some people mention this mode, How do I change into true vault hunter mode? After I beat the campaign will it ask me to change modes?

#2 Posted by Chaser324 (6587 posts) -

True Vault Hunter mode is "New Game +". After you finish the game once you can carry your level and equipment over to that more difficult mode.

#3 Posted by Tennmuerti (8123 posts) -

Yes, it will tell you after you finish the campaign. It will be an option when you select that character from the character select menu.

#4 Posted by ajamafalous (12007 posts) -

It's just their fancy name for New Game+

#5 Posted by TheDoorman (534 posts) -

Oh lol. Thanks

#6 Posted by JoeyRavn (4977 posts) -
#7 Posted by Tennmuerti (8123 posts) -

@JoeyRavn: Well you can technically fight him even in playthrough 1 :P

#8 Posted by JoeyRavn (4977 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

@JoeyRavn: Well you can technically fight him even in playthrough 1 :P

Oh, really? I was under the impression that you could only fight it in NG+. My bad, then.

But at least now we know we need a concept page for that character! :D

#9 Posted by Tennmuerti (8123 posts) -

@JoeyRavn: Yes, but it's still a lvl 50 quest so you won't be able to do anything to him heh

#10 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

This mode is not fun at all playing solo, it's hard but not a fun hard. It fucks you over every chance you get to the point where the game just isn't fun. Play this mode if you love random instant deaths and literally being fucked in the ass by any boss.

#11 Posted by ajamafalous (12007 posts) -
@Extreme_Popcorn said:

literally being fucked in the ass

Sounds like my kind of game 

wait what
#12 Posted by mosdl (3229 posts) -

Go to the character select screen, select a character that finished the game and you can load either your normal game or the ng+

#13 Posted by VIGGO123 (552 posts) -

I wanted to try Terramorphus right after I beat the final boss.

Went there, took one shot with the most powerful weapon I had, and nope'd the fuck out of there when I saw how little of his HP it took off.

I guess I'll wait until I hit the cap.

#14 Posted by laserbolts (5323 posts) -

New game plus is pretty brutal. I'm trying to do it solo and it is much more difficult than the first time through. XP is good though I already went up a full level and just beat boom bewm.

#15 Edited by AlexanderHC (54 posts) -

Anyone had an issue where you can't start the new game +? Completed the game with some friends, continued a bit on "normal mode" when it asks you to continue.

Suddenly it stopped asking if I wanted to start the True Vault Hunter mode, and just started me into the normal completed game. Joined a friend in new game + (kept saying it was a bad match). First time it started me into the new game + where I quitted with him, and now it just boots me into the normal completed game again :/

Anyone?

edit: One of my other friends also has this problem

edit2: Figured out you have to select your character from "Select Character" and then choose True Vault Hunter. Strange it switched on its own though...

#16 Posted by Demoskinos (14877 posts) -

Its just their fancy term for New Game+ I think.

#17 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

It's just another name for new game plus, I believe. I could be wrong however.

#18 Edited by Tennmuerti (8123 posts) -

(True Vault Hunter Mode) Newgame+ can be a cruel brutal bitch.

And i fucking love every minute of it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.