Wait, So Can You Customise The Look You're Character?

#1 Edited by realph (253 posts) -

Is there a way to customise the look of your character in Borderlands 2? I kinda skipped the first game.

#2 Posted by Funkydupe (3305 posts) -

You can unlock new 'heads' and skins for your characters, and you can swap between those at specific stations found in the game world.

#3 Posted by Fattony12000 (6961 posts) -
What up?
#4 Posted by ajamafalous (11813 posts) -

I'm only about an hour into the game, but it seems like you'll find head skins/color skins as at least quest rewards (possibly rare drops too? someone else'll have to confirm), which you can then freely change between at certain appearance stations in the world.

#5 Edited by Tennmuerti (7957 posts) -

@ajamafalous: Yes the skins and heads can be gotten as quest rewards, as drops and there is a set of manufacturer skins from gambling the slots, and also some from the last level of badass challenges.

Altho the heads are extremely rare, i think i only had 1 drop and i'm getting near the end. The rest are from quests so far.

#6 Edited by Zidd (1836 posts) -

@ajamafalous: You can get them as drops and from slot machines. Vehicle skins are also dropped but I haven't gotten any from the slot machines yet.

#7 Posted by UberExplodey (924 posts) -

I've only come across two different skins from playing the slot machine, been getting a lot from completing badass challenges

#8 Posted by realph (253 posts) -

Thanks! I'll look out for those stations. I think I might have a DLC skin of some sort.

#9 Posted by Demoskinos (14520 posts) -

Your not You're

#10 Posted by ajamafalous (11813 posts) -
@realph said:

Thanks! I'll look out for those stations. I think I might have a DLC skin of some sort.

There's one station at the very beginning of the game when you first meet Hammerlock. The DLC skin you might have is awarded for having a Borderlands 1 save file (though you say you 'kinda' skipped the first game, so I'm not sure if that means you played it for a few hours and stopped or if you never even touched it lol).
#11 Posted by huntad (1930 posts) -

The heads are cool, but the skins are just color variations. It's weird, because the first game let you customize your colors on your own. This one just has presets.

#12 Posted by MildMolasses (3211 posts) -

I'm not sure how varied the skins get, but i do know that there is an easter egg that gives you a fairly drastic change for the head

#13 Posted by kishinfoulux (2250 posts) -

On a sort of related note...what determines your "nickname" below your EXP bar? For example I'm level 20 and I'm a "Tricky Spy".

#14 Posted by chilibean_3 (1611 posts) -

@kishinfoulux: Class mods will change your title.

#15 Posted by kishinfoulux (2250 posts) -

@chilibean_3 said:

Oh really? Is that the only way? I assumed it had to do with your skill tree and leveling up.

#16 Posted by drac96 (665 posts) -

@kishinfoulux said:

@chilibean_3 said:

Oh really? Is that the only way? I assumed it had to do with your skill tree and leveling up.

Yeah, the class mods are the only way to get titles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.