Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

What Class are you looking forward to play?

• 167 results
    Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By SmasheControllers

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

No way to tell untill I take a look at their actual ability trees.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Siren, I really liked the idea of the phaselock, lots of utility and a support/healing role!

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BulletproofMonk

Salvador.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmasheControllers

Loved the simplistic of Roland, so I'm probably gonna play Axton. His turret seem way better than Roland's, so that's a plus!

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By GunstarRed

Zero I guess. Unless any of the others have a pet they throw out. I loved the shit out of Mordecai... even if the bird was pretty useless.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SmasheControllers

@GunstarRed: No class, unless you count Axton's Turret, has a "pet."

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @GunstarRed said:
    Zero I guess. Unless any of the others have a pet they throw out. I loved the shit out of Mordecai... even if the bird was pretty useless.
    Only if you're talking 2.5 playthroughs.
    On the first run a maxed out bird with some mods could one shot several enemies while healing you.
    Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Gunzerker! Borderlands is about guns, double the guns mean double the fun right?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tennmuerti

I really like just how much more badass the turret looks in this game.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Hitchenson

@Village_Guy: Do you really need to spread your pony shit here?

Not sure yet, maybe Zero, I'll have to see his skill tree first.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hitchenson: Sure I do, if you don't like don't click the video. It is also very relevant, after all double the guns has to mean double the fun right? And in that case isn't it appropriate to say that the fun has been doubled?

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GunstarRed

@Tennmuerti: I played so much of that game it's hard to remember what my first playthrough felt like. The bird was completely useless by the time I'd gotten round to Knoxx and the Claptrap DLC.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @GunstarRed said:

@Tennmuerti: I played so much of that game it's hard to remember what my first playthrough felt like. The bird was completely useless by the time I'd gotten round to Knoxx and the Claptrap DLC.

Yeah I played with him only through the first playthrough. My siren/soldier were the only ones i took into 2.5 and beyond.
    But by the same virtue Sirens phasewalk and Bricks melee were just as useless in those in terms of damage. Only the turret held up in any way damage wise. Most of the classes special powers basically came down to utility after the first playthrough.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Village_Guy said:

@Hitchenson: Sure I do, if you don't like don't click the video. It is also very relevant, after all double the guns has to mean double the fun right? And in that case isn't it appropriate to say that the fun has been doubled?

I personally love your pony shit!
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By Justin258

Call me crazy, but I never really noticed a huge difference in the classes of the original (and didn't use the powers a ton). So if I do get this game, it will be whichever one I think looks the coolest at the time of class choosing.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Axton's Turret's Appearance is determined by the way you spec Axton, whether you focus on missiles or what have you. Zer0's melee weapon is the Sw0rd seen in the trailer, which is upgradeable, his class skill is he'll will deploy a decoy of himself and enter stealth, while in stealth enemy crit points are displayed on their bodies. Depending on what weapons are dual wielded determined what bonuses are given to Salvador's guns, damage, crit damage and ect. Maya's phaselocking can be utilised to heal allies or apply different affects to enemies.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#18  Edited By Yummylee

Well, Lilith was my go-to gal for Borderlands (I soloed Crawremax with her - no exploit) so Maya will be my first choice. But if I enjoy Borderlands 2 as much as I did original, then I'll undoubtedly get around to giving them all a whirl.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm not going to type someone's name with a number in it

but i will probably play as zero. although this depends on his abilities ... stealthy stuff could fall a bit flat in a game like this, i'd probably focus on other skills that are more hunter-like from the first game. they have said they want people to use whatever guns they want to use, but i hope this doesn't mean you won't be able to become really powerful with a certain gun class like i was with pistols.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @SmasheControllers said:

Axton's Turret's Appearance is determined by the way you spec Axton, whether you focus on missiles or what have you. Zer0's melee weapon is the Sw0rd seen in the trailer, which is upgradeable. Depending on what weapons are dual wielded determined what bonuses are given to Salvador's guns, damage, crit damage and ect. Maya's phaselocking can be utilised to heal allies or apply different affects to enemies.

I really like the deliberately dumbass direction they are taking Zer0 in, fucking sw0rd, lmao good stuff.
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drag: Zer0 is how you spell his name.

edit: also Zer0 focuses on "melee"/stealth and snipers.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Karl_Boss

Zer0 cause my Xbox Live account is New Zer0 Kanada

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tennmuerti said:

@SmasheControllers said:

Axton's Turret's Appearance is determined by the way you spec Axton, whether you focus on missiles or what have you. Zer0's melee weapon is the Sw0rd seen in the trailer, which is upgradeable. Depending on what weapons are dual wielded determined what bonuses are given to Salvador's guns, damage, crit damage and ect. Maya's phaselocking can be utilised to heal allies or apply different affects to enemies.

I really like the deliberately dumbass direction they are taking Zer0 in, fucking sw0rd, lmao good stuff.

Absoluteable, everything involving Zer0 should be like MK and replace "o" with "0"

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By frankxiv

@Abyssfull said:

Well, Lilith was my go-to gal for Borderlands (I soloed Crawremax with her - no exploit) so Maya will be my first choice. But if I enjoy Borderlands 2 as much as I did original, then I'll undoubtedly get around to giving them all a whirl.

yeah, same here. though zer0 will probably be my second choice

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By matthias2437

@GunstarRed said:

Mordecais bird was one of the most OP things in the game. Spec into the bird tree and get the right equipment and he would go out, hit 10 times for crazy damage each time, catch people on fire(or acid/lighting ect.) and drop a ton of loot when he hits.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Yummylee

@matthias2437 said:

@GunstarRed said:

Mordecais bird was one of the most OP things in the game. Spec into the bird tree and get the right equipment and he would go out, hit 10 times for crazy damage each time, catch people on fire(or acid/lighting ect.) and drop a ton of loot when he hits.

Definitely, and he could kill other players in duels practically with a single hit every time too. It was hilarious how OP that thing was.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By DeF

at first it was all about Siren, then I saw that Ninja dude and couldn't think straight anymore. Though I might play Siren first since that's who I played as last time!

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By penguindust

I played Lilith, the Siren in Borderlands 1, and I plan to play that character class again, but I am really excited to try out the Assassin, Zer0 this time around. It's ninja-cliche, yes and he looks a bit too much like GI Joe's Snake Eyes, but damn if it still doesn't make the kid inside me giddy with anticipation. I hope the character class has a lot of good, fluid melee attacks in addition to the gun-play. If not, then I'll fall back on my Siren. I want a be a ninja who slices and dices, not one that uses a bunch of machine guns and rocket launchers.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Abyssfull said:

@matthias2437 said:

@GunstarRed said:

Definitely, and he could kill other players in duels practically with a single hit every time too. It was hilarious how OP that thing was.

The thing is that the bird did not scale in terms of DMG with your gear (bseides a few points mods) making it almost useless beyond the first playthrough when the enemies health kept going up. It's was more utility at that point just to heal you.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GunstarRed

@Abyssfull: I dunno about that. as mentioned above this is in playthrough 2/ dlc. I remember having a really hard time with some of the dlc and the bird did fuck all to the crimson lancers. This is like level 69 also.

valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By valiantgrizzly

Probably Siren, just like in the original. I'm pretty sure only people who never played her don't know how RIDICULOUSLY overpowered she was. Elemental spec basically meant I had to kill one enemy and have all the others die from the Phoenix effect in mere seconds. Best solo class. Jeff doesn't know what he's talking about.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By laserbolts

No sniper class? Where's my Mordecai?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @digitalsea87 said:

Probably Siren, just like in the original. I'm pretty sure only people who never played her don't know how RIDICULOUSLY overpowered she was. Elemental spec basically meant I had to kill one enemy and have all the others die from the Phoenix effect in mere seconds. Best solo class. Jeff doesn't know what he's talking about.

The thing is we don't know what the balance will be in Borderlands 2 yet. Not untill we get our hands on the final product. So assuming Siren would be just as overpowered as before is dangerous imo.

@laserbolts said:

No sniper class? Where's my Mordecai?

Zer0
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#34  Edited By BeachThunder

I'm not exactly excited about any of the characters, but I'll probably go with Axton. I enjoyed playing as Roland last time.

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By hwy_61

I hope there's a Brick equivalent. I really enjoyed going berzerker in Borderlands.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#36  Edited By StarvingGamer

Probably Maya, unless Axton proves to be a more competent support/healer class.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @hwy_61 said:

I hope there's a Brick equivalent. I really enjoyed going berzerker in Borderlands.

The gunzerker is the direct Brick replacement.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pibo47

I played siren last time...so im gonna probly try out the assassin guy. He looks pretty cool.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Tennmuerti

I really reallyREALLY hope that Zer0 turns out to be a robot/cyborg/AI or something along those lines.

It would fit perfectly.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tennmuerti: don't forget the bloodwing's stun ability, that was useful throughout for me with a 1 second or instant cooldown. then the damage and health stealing is a nice bonus on top.

Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
    RedEyesBlueBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RedEyesBlueBunny

loved the siren in the first one, but i think i'll be going with the gunzerker this time. i love dual wielding in just about any type of game

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Yummylee

@GunstarRed said:

@Abyssfull: I dunno about that. as mentioned above this is in playthrough 2/ dlc. I remember having a really hard time with some of the dlc and the bird did fuck all to the crimson lancers. This is like level 69 also.

Hmm, I don't think I took Mordecia into the NG+, but as far as the DLC went (well, General Knoxx anyway) the difficulty was ramped up for everyone besides Lilith--thanks to her elemental affinity. But speaking for the first playthrough at least, I distinctly remember his bird was exceptionally OP. Man, all this Borderlands talk makes me wanna head back in... I should still have all my old saves :o Might want to head into my Lilith save and just gawk over all of my glorious tools of destruction <3... mostly made up of Jakobs shotguns. Oh how I loved the Jakobs shotguns.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Pinworm45

Either Zero or Axton. Depends which my friend picks I guess.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Zer0 cause he reminds me the most of Mordecai. Who was badass.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Arker101

I loved Roland and Mordecai from BL1, so depending how me and my friends roll, I'll choose Axton or Zer0.

Interesting info for any who don't know:

Salvador can double melee while he's "Gunzerking" kind of like Brick did, but I haven't seen any skills that improve his melee.

Maya's Phaselock seems like an aimed projectile, quite similar to how Blood wing functioned. Mord users will remember how BW could stun and increase health/money drops? Phaselock sounds like it'll do that to. They've thrown the Siren and Hunter playstyles from the last game, in a blender, and came out with Zer0 and Maya, pretty much.

Maya sounds like she's got quite a few healing/reviving skills, so the commando isn't just the only guy who keeps everyone healthy now, but he'll still probably resupply everyone.

Zer0 has a Sniper tree, and his skill is more powerful the longer you wait in stealth mode, if you attack right as the cloak ends you get the "0" pop up indicating you did MAX damage.

They're trying to make it so every class can use every gun, so the skills will reflect that, and it sounds like they're focusing more on your Action skill.

I visit the BL2 forums a bit, so yeah.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#46  Edited By nick_verissimo

I had the most fun playing as Lilith, so I'll definitely try out Maya for my first playthrough.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By stryker1121

Had a good amount of fun as both soldier and phasewalk lady...hmmm I'd probably go w/ Maya at this point. Phaselock sounds way cool.

DEMONOLOGY_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DEMONOLOGY_24

Zer0 because I loved playing as Mordecai and the idea of running up and stabbing dudes with a max out crazy acid sword sounds incredible (if the mods for zer0 go to his sword of coarse and not something else)

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MikeGosot

Axton because... DAT TURRET! I mean, double wielding is cool, but... DAT TURRET!

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Subjugation

I played as Mordecai in the first one, so I would say Zero is the closest equivalent.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.