What console (Yeah I know)

#1 Posted by AbsolutHysteria (40 posts) -

So yeah, with everybody starting to play online now, i was just wondering if anyone had any problems with the game so far on any consoles. I have a Xbox360 and a PC, and i played Borderlands on the PC, and liked it. If anyone could just assist,that would be awesome.

(I know personal opinion counts, just wondering on others' viewpoints).

#2 Posted by Twiggy199 (509 posts) -

@AbsolutHysteria: I don't get it........No?. wait!, yes?, no. If there was any problems on consoles i doubt they would have released it. If you're asking what console to get it for, I'm gunna say get it for the only console you have, duh!, this was a really bad thread, pointless some might say.

#3 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

Um, always play the PC version if you have a PC?

#4 Posted by RandyF (161 posts) -

Go where you have people to play with. If that's not a factor, I think PC is the better option. It's exactly like the console versions and you can plug in a controller to play it that way if you want and it looks much better on the PC.

#5 Edited by ahgunsillyo (458 posts) -

From what I've heard and seen, the console versions seem to be fine, so the choice comes down to your preferences and what your PC can do, really. From what I've seen, you can get the PC version to look really nice if your computer is good enough to do so, but the console versions still look pretty good. What's more important, though, is whether or not you plan to play the game with other people; if you do, then I would get the version that your friends have so you can play with them.

If I'm stating the obvious, I apologize.

#6 Posted by JoeyRavn (4986 posts) -

If you have friends to play with, get it on whatever system they are playing on. If not, go for the PC version. If you could run Borderlands without any major problem, Borderlands 2 is not that big of a leap.

@Twiggy199 said:

@AbsolutHysteria: I don't get it........No?. wait!, yes?, no. If there was any problems on consoles i doubt they would have released it. If you're asking what console to get it for, I'm gunna say get it for the only console you have, duh!, this was a really bad thread, pointless some might say.

You overestimate publishers. Skyrim on PS3 says hi. Darksiders II was also pretty broken when it was released. There's nothing wrong with asking about the performance of a game on different systems.

And don't be an ass. He clearly meant "platform" when he said "console". You're not being helpful and you certainly don't look as cool as you think.

#7 Posted by believer258 (12216 posts) -

Guys.

I think he means "is there any significant slowdown, bugs, or crashes of any sort on the console versions"?

But this is a title you should get on PC if you have a capable rig unless you've got a really good friend - and I mean a really good friend, like best buds since you were in diapers good - who can't or won't play on a PC and you still want to play with. And if that's the case, get it on PC, bring him to your house, and do this.

#8 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

Um, always play the PC version if you have a PC?

Yep.

#9 Posted by MideonNViscera (2252 posts) -

I play online on X-Box and it works great. I did have lag once but that was probably due to someone's shitty connection. The constant texture pop-in is Last Remanent bad though.

#10 Posted by Grilledcheez (3960 posts) -

I have a mid range card from a couple years ago...game looks WAYYYYYY better than the console versions (runs maxed out GREAT).

#11 Posted by Brandino (261 posts) -

Playing on PS3. Looks and runs great.

#12 Posted by Ulain (315 posts) -

@Twiggy199 said:

You're an asshole. Go away.

#13 Posted by AbsolutHysteria (40 posts) -

Thanks for all the help guys/gals. Gonna get me some PC action (splitscreen doesn't really appeal to me, what with major level differences in splitscreen.) My computer is pretty rad as well, can play borderlands no problem, and can also upgrade if needs be. Again, thanks for all the help. Except for Twiggy.

#14 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

Glad to see you went PC. You'll get mods and maybe someone will be able to do away with the ridiculously low level cap as well as adding a stat screen that shows you a summary of what your gear, weapons, and bad ass levels are doing to your stats.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.