What should I do with the Borderlands 2 pre-order bonuses?

#1 Posted by D0ct0r (2 posts) -

After activating the pre-order codes you will gain excess to the slaughter dome as well as the premiere club. But my question is when should i activate them? My main concern are that the gearbox weapons as well as Moxxi's Rocket Launcher will have damages according to your level when you activate them. Does anyone know if the stats of the guns will be different if you claim them at a higher level then say right when you join the game, If so It would probably be wiser to max combat before getting them.

#2 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

All I can say is the guns sucked when I unlocked them, which was immediately. Not sure if they'd be better later.

#3 Edited by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Are you half man-half bot? What the fuck am I reading

edit- nvm, its not you. It's EVERYONE! AHHH

#4 Posted by Tennmuerti (8100 posts) -

Use them straight away. The gearbox guns don't scale they are lvl 1 starter weapons that get outpaced almost instantly. But you do get a neat artifact that adds 5% to item find quality.

The only thing that scales in the chest inside Sanctuary that unlocks with a golden key.

#5 Posted by D0ct0r (2 posts) -

I had a feeling they wouldn't because they didn't scale in the first one, but I figured it was definitely worth finding out. Any Idea if Moxxi's Rocket Launcher from the Slaughter Dome scales?

#6 Posted by Tennmuerti (8100 posts) -

@D0ct0r: dunno about that sorry

#7 Posted by newhatter (16 posts) -

Boy, I feel kind of dumb, but where did you find the pre-order codes. I picked up my copy at Best Buy today, and received no additional content. Is it emailed out?

#8 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Tennmuerti said:

Use them straight away. The gearbox guns don't scale they are lvl 1 starter weapons that get outpaced almost instantly. But you do get a neat artifact that adds 5% to item find quality.

The only thing that scales in the chest inside Sanctuary that unlocks with a golden key.

Ive heard they scaled and ive heard other wise. I will assume they dont (Like the first game( 
#9 Posted by drac96 (671 posts) -
@newhatter

Boy, I feel kind of dumb, but where did you find the pre-order codes. I picked up my copy at Best Buy today, and received no additional content. Is it emailed out?

Pre order codes are usually on the receipt.
#10 Posted by Killercombo (225 posts) -

I also heard on a thread and the offical site mod/staff that the golden key keeps in line with your level when you unlock the chest.

#11 Posted by tphickma (62 posts) -

@MideonNViscera: An in game prompt informs you when you first get the key that the guns you unlock are level specific, i wouldnt open them until the level cap so you can be prepared to rock shit in the DLC

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.