Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

What's the weirdest gun you've found?

BearSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BearSpark

I found an SMG with 200% damage addition. Only problem was that it would let me move when equipped. A mate of mine found a gun which uses guns for ammo and shoots guns. Totally useless.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti
    BearSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BearSpark

That was pretty much my first response.

Found a gun last night that shoots balls. They don't explode or do anything useful. They just bounce around the place.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

the bane smg was one helluva POS. i got it from a quest. it was incredibly annoying and made you move incredibly slow as if you were carrying too much shit in the elder scrolls games. each time you fired it, it would make all kinds of annoying sounds.

ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By ahgunsillyo

If you donate $25,000 to Moxxi's tip jar, she'll give you an fire SMG called "Miss Moxxi's Good Touch," which causes the controller to vibrate. Get it? Moxxi? Vibrate?

Once you tip $15,000, you'll also get "Miss Moxxi's Bad Touch," which is actually a pretty good corrosive SMG.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Capum15
    @RubberBabyBuggyBumpers: I just got it on my last session. Good damage, was cutting bandits down like nothing. Annoying as hell. Other than that, I haven't found any weird guns. Well, weird compared to regular Borderlands, where grenades explode into multiple grenades and shotguns can shoot fireballs.

I did get a Grenade Mod from Moxxi that made the grenade fly through the air perfectly straight, and bounce off stuff. Haven't used it against anything yet, but I think it turns into an MIRV when it hits an enemy. I also got another grenade mod that basically skips the middle man of MIRV. You throw a grenade that immediately turns into like, 7 shock grenades across a small area. Thought that was pretty funny, just throwing a handful of grenades at once.
    white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By white

@ahgunsillyo said:

If you donate $25,000 to Moxxi's tip jar, she'll give you an fire SMG called "Miss Moxxi's Good Touch," which causes the controller to vibrate. Get it? Moxxi? Vibrate?

Not really. Can you break it down for me?

Philantrophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Philantrophy

@White: It makes your controller vibrate all the time, pair that with Moxxi and the way she acts.

I am bad at reading sarcasm.

RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Capum15: no doubt about bane's damage. it was pretty damn nice! just annoying as fuck to fire and equip. its damage and elemental effect wasn't good enough to justify having it in my inventory. during my first play through on my offline profile, i came across a crap load of those grenades that would split off into 6 child ones, seek out enemies, and bounce off of surfaces. the ones i kept around were the ones that would pull all of the enemies in the immediate area to it and then explode, causing elemental damage, and some other status stuff. the ones i used on a regular basis did corrosive damage and fire damage. too bad it wasn't at the same time. that would be fucking awesome! i used the corrosive ones in those hyperion compounds. they are incredibly useful against MIRV robots. after exploding, i would watch the green numbers tick their armor down into nothing. {=o)

the rocket launcher i looted from roland's chest was pretty badass. its base damage was nearly 14,000, did explosive damage, and held 3 rockets. its only downfall was that it took 8 seconds to reload. the other negative thing about it was that its rockets appeared to have lots of weight to them. if i aimed at the warrior's face from across the battle area, the rocket wouldn't make it all the way to him/it. it would land and explode in the general area where handsome jack was located. tell you what, though, that rocket launcher did some incredible things during my encounter with saturn. i dropped saturn within a couple of minutes by gunzerking with that one and another rocket launcher that did corrosive damage and exploded after being reloaded.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By DoctorTran
    @Philantrophy said:

@White: It makes your controller vibrate all the time, pair that with Moxxi and the way she acts.

I am bad at reading sarcasm.

Are you trying to say that Moxxi has parkinsons disease?
    Philantrophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Philantrophy

@DoctorTran: Yes, that is what I alluded too. Another theory I have been working on is that it is a sexual thing.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By DoctorTran
    @Philantrophy said:

@DoctorTran: Yes, that is what I alluded too. Another theory I have been working on is that it is a sexual thing.

Hrmmm... No I don't think I can possibly see how that is at all sexual.
    mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mikey87144

@White: @Philantrophy:

It only vibrates when there are enemies in the vicinity.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @mikey87144 said:

@White: @Philantrophy:

It only vibrates when there are enemies in the vicinity.

Not true. You can be in the main town and it be shaking. 
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vitor

@ahgunsillyo said:

Once you tip $15,000, you'll also get "Miss Moxxi's Bad Touch," which is actually a pretty good corrosive SMG.

That gun is SO ANNOYING. The vibration stops briefly once you reload but starts up again and drives me nuts. I can't walk around with that gun drawn, despite it being the best SMG I have right now.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mikey87144

@Vitor: I used one of the golden keys right before I started True vault hunter mode and got an awesome SMG. It takes 4 ammo, does fire damage and does 1000 damage per hit.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Scrawnto

@ahgunsillyo said:

Huh, I got both of those, but I'm playing on the PC, so I don't have anything hooked up that would vibrate. I had no idea it did that.

The weirdest one I got is:

No Caption Provided

It was basically a slag grenade launcher. Shot three large blobs that arced pretty heavily and did a lot of splash damage, but it used four shotgun rounds per shot. Also did crazy damage for its level. Also had about a 60% chance to slag anyone in the area of effect. I guess it's not too weird, but it's unlike any other gun I've found.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tim_the_corsair

I currently have a shotgun that is (according to cost anyway) substantially worse than any of my other guns, yet it fires explosive rounds to a stupid degree and can waste a badass anything in two shots at up to medium distance.

I also had a Gatling assault rifle with great damage and accuracy but only 4 bullets...

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By PerryVandell

@RubberBabyBuggyBumpers: The problem is Bane would be amazing if it weren't for those issues. Being unable to move was annoying, but the firing sounds were what made me eventually scrap it for a weaker gun. Leave it to Gearbox to make a weapon that's actually cursed.

RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i got these two from the warrior:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

the shotgun basically shoots fireworks that do some incredible damage in true vault hunter mode. i wrecked flynn while using it. the only downside is its short range.

Phyrlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Phyrlord

Found an orange "turtle" shield. When you have it equipped you move at like -80% speed and when it's depleted you move extra fast. lol I found it pretty useless for my play style, kinda funny though. It had HUGE capacity for my level.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By guiseppe

The gun that talks to you, telling you how horrible you are for shooting people. Also that you're bad at it.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By alternate

I feel left out. not found anything this crazy yet.

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By D0tti

The "Spanish" smg, burning bane or something like that. It yells when you shot, real fucking annoying never used it. Also a sniper that talks to you while you are shooting.

Done101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Done101

For me it has to be the bane!!! it make no sense why it would be in the game. If you have the gun you will understand if not, look up the gun and see for yourselves so annoying. However things like these are way i love this game all the random shit that it has and they do not shove it your face.

RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hard rod
    hard rod
    the intense unkempt harold is one badass pistol! with a mechromancer, all it takes is 1 shot to drop a badass anything between levels 18 and 24, with a stack of 100 or more anarchy.
    the intense unkempt harold is one badass pistol! with a mechromancer, all it takes is 1 shot to drop a badass anything between levels 18 and 24, with a stack of 100 or more anarchy.
    dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dropabombonit

Yeah just got a lot of the same guns as other people in this thread. I did get an awesome assault riffle early on in my mechromancer playthrough that does crazy explosive damage, it can clear a room so fast

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.