where's the love for borderlands 2?

#1 Posted by Talis12 (488 posts) -

Borderlands 2 is going to be released in 2012 and even though there isn't a release day yet i am hoping it to come out around May but it will probably be around October like Borderlands 1 did. What dazzles me though is that this game is getting little to no media attention. Borderlands 1 was a great game, not the graphically best or anything, but so much fun to play, especially in co-op. There is barely talk about the game from gaming sites or gamers themselves.. is there no love for this franchise anymore? Or is it that Gearbox hasn't put out enough footage to talk about?

#2 Posted by Cupids_Hitman (164 posts) -

We've barely seen anything from it, that's why.

#3 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

I have the S-rank in borderlands so I'll play me some #2

#4 Posted by mikey87144 (1772 posts) -

Dude, what do you want us to talk about, the Gameinformer article, the Pax demo? There isn't much to say about the game at the moment. As far as excitement level a lot of us, myself included, are super pumped to play that game but I'm not going to go on forums to talk about a game we know almost nothing about.

#5 Posted by N7 (3588 posts) -

I got interviewed by a guy who told me he couldn't stand Borderlands because comics need to stay in comic books.

It took all of my physical abilities to hold myself back from slapping that motherfucker.

#6 Edited by JeanLuc (3583 posts) -

They haven't even released any official footage of the game yet. The only way to see any of it is that shaky cam stuff from Pax Prime. I will gladly talk about Borderlands 2 when there is something to talk about.

@mikey87144 said:

Dude, what do you want us to talk about, the Gameinformer article, the Pax demo? There isn't much to say about the game at the moment. As far as excitement level a lot of us, myself included, are super pumped to play that game but I'm not going to go on forums to talk about a game we know almost nothing about.

Agreed. And yet its amazing how many people do just that.

#7 Posted by Helimocopter (369 posts) -

I saw a full out demo on youtube a few months back, i guess i forgot to link it to y'all before it was deleted, looked like borderlands (not a bad thing)

#8 Posted by AlisterCat (5559 posts) -

I really don't care about a game until I am playing it.

#9 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

There's barely talk about it because Gearbox hasn't released much info.

#10 Edited by Adamsons (877 posts) -

Borderlands has a ton of parallels with Dead Island IMO. Most of the individual elements are pretty bad, but because it has coop it can be a blast.

Would like to see some character customization, more variation in weapons, more meaningful or exciting talents.

And less Scythids.

Edit - I have no idea of the state of the game from expansions, I heard knoxx was pretty good though.

#11 Posted by Robot_Sneakers (418 posts) -

I loved the first, one of my favorite games. And it seems like they have a large fan base so I bet they'll wait until its much closer to release more information, I don't think they need to hype it a whole lot.

#12 Edited by JoeyRavn (4973 posts) -

@kingzetta said:

I have the S-rank in borderlands so I'll play me some #2

WHO LOVES YOU AND WHO DO YOU LOVE?

Man, that Moxxi DLC surely was crap.

@Adamsons said:

Most of the individual elements are pretty bad,

Care to elaborate?

#13 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

@Cupids_Hitman said:

We've barely seen anything from it, that's why.

Dude we totally saw a picture and it is the best game ever!!1

GOTY 2012

#14 Posted by Talis12 (488 posts) -

they dont have to hype it for me.. im already on board for a copy. it would just be nice to see more about the game in any shape or form..

i dont even see Borderlands on most anticipated games lists and nobody is mentioning it in their podcasts.. everyone is talking about Bioshock, Mass Effec, Far Cry and Max Payne.. and rightfully so, but its almost like Borderlands is non-existent at this point

#15 Edited by MentalDisruption (1633 posts) -

Since PAX and the GI article we've barely heard anything, so there's not much to talk about. There's been a few tidbits here and there, but anyone paying enough attention to catch those are busy discussing it on the official forums instead of here. It's also likely that it won't be out til the second half of the year, and most people are focusing on the games they know are coming out now. Wait until the summer dry spell, and I can guarantee it will get more attention if it is not already out. Personally I'm just waiting anxiously for the day that I find 2 copies in my mailbox.

#16 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@N7 said:

I got interviewed by a guy who told me he couldn't stand Borderlands because comics need to stay in comic books. It took all of my physical abilities to hold myself back from slapping that motherfucker.

Comic books? What a hypocrite. Words should stay in regular books. Comic books are just taunting legitimate books.

#17 Posted by david3cm (635 posts) -

I'm sure there will be more talk about the game once more is released, until then we can all watch that one demo over and over again I guess? I hope there is more interesting characters/ quests in #2 though.

#18 Posted by StrainedEyes (1324 posts) -

I love Borderlands and will happily pick up B2 when it comes out.

#19 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

The media isn't ignoring it. They are suffering the same drought of information that we are. As soon as they get the chance to see more of it and report on it, I'm sure they will. Borderlands 2 isn't the unknown quantity that Borderlands was. Gaming press knows there is a following for the game and that it is a well produced property. We just have to wait for Gearbox to give us something to nibble on.

#20 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

@sideshow said:

Borderlands 2 is going to be released in 2012 and even though there isn't a release day yet i am hoping it to come out around May but it will probably be around October like Borderlands 1 did. What dazzles me though is that this game is getting little to no media attention. Borderlands 1 was a great game, not the graphically best or anything, but so much fun to play, especially in co-op. There is barely talk about the game from gaming sites or gamers themselves.. is there no love for this franchise anymore? Or is it that Gearbox hasn't put out enough footage to talk about?

Calm down, the only thing I saw of it is that there's a guy than can dual wield any type of gun...

Hardly exciting news because I liked playing as the guy with the bird. Until they show a guy that can abuse revolvers/pistols for DPS then I will be excited

#21 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Borderlands 1 was pretty boring. Especially when you play alone, but it's not even fun with 3 friends. Even if they promised to fix this in 2, I have my doubts.

#22 Posted by Commisar123 (1792 posts) -

There is really no information about the game yet, so we can't praise what we don't know yet.

#23 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

+1 love for borderlands 2

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.