Which platform will you be playing on and why?

#1 Edited by michaelfossbakk (236 posts) -

As the title says...

EDIT: As expected, it seems a lot of people will be playing on the PC simply because of increased performance and those that aren't either don't have a competent PC or have most of their friends buying the 360/PS3 version. Wouldn't it be nice if there was cross-platform play?

EDIT 2: I just pre-ordered it for PC on Green Man Gaming for $40.00.

#2 Posted by JoeyRavn (4961 posts) -

PC, because PC: better graphics, better performance, more customization.

#3 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I haven't decided yet. I don't want to spend $40-60 renewing my Gold subscription, but I hate the network disconnects that occur on my PS3 along with the fact that all four of my PS3 friends don't play Borderlands.

#4 Posted by michaelfossbakk (236 posts) -

@JoeyRavn: I wish all my friends had competent PCs.

#5 Posted by DoctorTran (1549 posts) -

I'm probably going to end up buying it for the Xbox and the PC. Xbox so I can play with a couple of friends, PC so I can play it with awesome graphics and my brother.

#6 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

Probably xbox first then PC when steam sales comes along.

#7 Posted by 1DER (82 posts) -

PC.

Also the PC edition is $37.50 with the 16% instant off and 25% off voucher stacking at GreenManGaming until August 10th.

#8 Posted by believer258 (11771 posts) -

I'm not going to be playing it at launch unless lady luck smiles down upon me, but when I do play it I plan to do so on a halfway decent gaming PC. My laptop can somehow run the first one at lowass settings, but I seriously doubt it will scratch 20 FPS on the second one.

And I'll be playing it all by me lonesome, just like I did the first one. No need to put other bothersome peope in it.

#9 Posted by Marz (5648 posts) -

PC

#10 Posted by michaelfossbakk (236 posts) -

Now that I recall, there were serious frame rate problems with the 360 version of the first game...Can anyone testify to the PC or PS3 versions?

#11 Posted by Beaker (94 posts) -

PC for me. It's cheaper than the console versions.

#12 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

I know Gearbox did the cutesy PC love letter and all, but I'll still wait and see if it works as promised. I'm done binding FOV settings to the F-keys.

#13 Posted by JoeyRavn (4961 posts) -

@michaelfossbakk said:

Now that I recall, there were serious frame rate problems with the 360 version of the first game...Can anyone testify to the PC or PS3 versions?

The PC version, though a direct port from consoles, was fine for the most part (excluding the terrible menus...), but the shadows could noticeably bring the performance down. But apart from that, it's Unreal Engine 3, so you more or less know what you can expect from it if you've played other UE3 games.

#14 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7614 posts) -

PC. Better graphics and it's much cheaper.

#15 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

PC, probably play most of it co-op with people from the Gaming hub (since no one I know plays games, bah)

@ervonymous: The love letter specifically says FOV slider

#16 Posted by bybeach (4770 posts) -

PC. I tend to play video games by myself. Maybe I'll stick my head out of the sand sometime.

#17 Posted by MentalDisruption (1620 posts) -

PC and ps3 because, well, those are the ones I own. If I had a 360 I'd buy a 3rd copy for that too.

#18 Posted by SomeJerk (3203 posts) -

PC because duh. 

Reaching 60 FPS and staying there for one thing.

#19 Posted by Crypt135 (68 posts) -

PC.

#20 Posted by NinjaBerd (221 posts) -

360, because my girlfriend refuses to use a PS3 controller for anything other than PixelJunk Monsters. :(

#21 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1414 posts) -

@JoeyRavn said:

Pretty much what he said. I already pre-ordered this on Steam and am in the process of going through the first game.

#22 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

I have to go with the Xbox because that's where my homies are at, otherwise, I would go with the PC version because it's better.

#23 Posted by JonSmith (171 posts) -

PS3. Free wireless internet connection for online co-op.

#24 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1406 posts) -

@JoeyRavn said:

#25 Posted by MythDarK (544 posts) -

@supamon said:

Probably xbox first then PC when steam sales comes along.

#26 Posted by Patman99 (1572 posts) -

@Arker101 said:

I have to go with the Xbox because that's where my homies are at, otherwise, I would go with the PC version because it's better.

Im in the same boat. I play mostly on 360 just because of my friends. If they all had decent gaming PCs, I would make that jump without even thinking.

#27 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

@mosdl: I know, but I won't let 'em get me. I've been had so many times before.

#28 Posted by Redsox44 (482 posts) -

@1DER: Thanks for the heads up. So does that mean I can get Red Orchestra 2 100% off? lol

#29 Posted by GnomeonFire (704 posts) -

Xbox, because I have friends who actually play it.

#30 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Xbox 360. I'm too broke to get a PS3 or a PC.

#31 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

@JoeyRavn said:

#32 Posted by Rotnac (682 posts) -

i already invested a ton of time with the first one on the 360 so ill probably get it for xbox.

#33 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

None of the platforms.

Borderlands can eat a dick.

#34 Posted by pepperzz (160 posts) -

EXBAWKS...cuz...I'm a cheevo whore :(

#35 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1587 posts) -

PC, I just hope they keep their promise and don't mess up the port again.

#36 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -
@DoctorTran
I'm probably going to end up buying it for the Xbox and the PC. Xbox so I can play with a couple of friends, PC so I can play it with awesome graphics and my brother.
Similar, though I'll buy it on PC to play online with my mates, and 360 to play split screen with my wife.

Split screen is still in there, right?
#37 Posted by laserbolts (5317 posts) -

360 because I like the controller and my friend will most likely get it for it.

#38 Posted by Deadmanforking (575 posts) -

PS3 and only because thats what I have 1 on.

#39 Posted by DeF (4848 posts) -

@michaelfossbakk said:

Wouldn't it be nice if there was cross-platform play?

the ultimate dream for all multiplayer games.

#40 Posted by CaLe (3943 posts) -

PC because sexy.

#41 Posted by SaFt (382 posts) -

I'll be playing on the PC where i actually have people to play with and because of better framerate.

#42 Posted by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

PC.

#43 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

360 - Controller, Friends, collection match with the first.

#44 Posted by DoctorTran (1549 posts) -
@Tim_the_Corsair
@DoctorTran
Similar, though I'll buy it on PC to play online with my mates, and 360 to play split screen with my wife.

Split screen is still in there, right?
Absolutely still a thing.
#45 Posted by BeachThunder (11793 posts) -

PC, because always be PCing.

#46 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10815 posts) -

Dunno. I don't have a gaming PC, but I don't know if I'll play on PS3 or 360. I played the first one 360, but I don't pay for Xbox Live. I guess it depends on if one of those two versions is better than the other.

#47 Posted by JoeyRavn (4961 posts) -

@NMC2008 said:

360 - Controller, Friends, collection match with the first.

You can play with a gamepad in all the versions of the game... *shrugs*

#48 Posted by dancinginfernal (471 posts) -

360. Only way I can play with my friends.

#49 Posted by Spoonman671 (4587 posts) -

Probably PS3.  I can get a discount through Amazon though if I get it digitally, so I'm not really sure yet.

#50 Posted by FlyBikes06 (86 posts) -

@Canteu: hail to that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.