WTH - Just got 10 golden keys?

#1 Posted by Phyrlord (171 posts) -

I logged in this morning and got a message that I now have 10 golden keys. I didn't do anything, just logged in and bang a message came up. I couldn't find anything about it with a quick search. Anyone else get this?

#2 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Didn't get anything new when I logged in earlier, you seem to be the chosen one.

#3 Posted by ToastMan (92 posts) -

@Phyrlord: Happened to me also. Didn't ask questions and started spamming the chest. I think I also got a bunch of badass tokens...

#4 Posted by Phyrlord (171 posts) -

<3!!!!!!!

#5 Edited by selbie (1885 posts) -

Holy fucking giggletits. That brought me up to 16 keys. And that's after I've already used around 8 from all the giveaways Randy has been handing out on twitter.

#6 Posted by Irishmarkerhead (38 posts) -

Just entered a shift code and went in to my primary save to see if it worked. 12 new golden keys! o_O

#7 Edited by AndrewB (7588 posts) -

Devaluation of golden keys! The Borderlands economy needs a bailout!

#8 Posted by mmzOne (279 posts) -

Nope, I got nothing.

#9 Posted by Phyrlord (171 posts) -

I think you have to be signed up for SHIFT.

#10 Posted by mmzOne (279 posts) -
@Phyrlord said:

I think you have to be signed up for SHIFT.

I was, still got nothing.
#11 Posted by Wampa1 (647 posts) -

Yep I got 10 keys and 45 Tokens.

#12 Posted by Sogeman (867 posts) -

I only got 3 once last week.

#13 Posted by Solh0und (1765 posts) -

The excessive number of Gold Keys that are being given to us is a little too much, Dontcha think?

#14 Posted by PenguinDust (12496 posts) -

I've never gotten one of these to work. I enter my code and all the time it says "Sorry that code has been redeemed already." I got the Halloween costumes but never any new keys beyond the one that came in the box and the one I got when I signed onto Shift. I tried today's code and it's dead for the PS3 I guess. Hell, 9 hours ago when it came out I was at work, how am I supposed to do anything with that?

#15 Posted by 49th (2734 posts) -

I should probably start playing this game again...

#16 Edited by golguin (3886 posts) -

I just entered the code on their facebook page and just got 2. Which codes are you guys putting in to get 10?

EDIT: it's from this post...

There's a lost pet that answers to the name Roscoe. Have you seen it?

Want a Golden Key? Redeem the SHiFT codes below before it’s too late!

PC SHiFT Code: WTCJ3-SHH3K-KFJT3-JBJ3J-H5965

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: 5JWTJ-JCSSC-6S6TX-5RBTJ-9RZBJ

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: 5BWJB-W5F5J-JKKWT-9JWJT-KCZ99

#17 Edited by FaPaThY (134 posts) -

One of the things the patch fixes is messed up profiles, which also means some people will get a lot of BA tokens to go along with it. If you have multiple characters, log in to each of them, then Save & Quit for it to re-calculate everything. Also, pretty sure the extra keys are compensation for the trouble.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.