Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 14, 2014

The third Borderlands game, set between the events of Borderlands and Borderlands 2, follows a quartet of familiar faces as they work to bring Handsome Jack into power through misadventures on Elpis, the moon of Pandora.

Best order to play these games in

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

So I've played through all of Borderlands 1 in co-op, minus the DLC, and bought Borderlands 2 GOTY this summer to play before this came out. Our plan was to finish the DLC in 1, then jump into 2, but my co-op partner has been busy and we haven't found time to yet. The wiki says this takes place between 1 and 2, so I'm wondering if it's best played next, especially if it's not as strong of a game as 2. Or does the story and references assume I already played 2? I'm half considering playing the DLC in 1 and then starting this game on my own, unless it makes more sense to play 2 first.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By donchipotle

The story, so far, assumes you've played both 1 (and the General Knoxx DLC) and the second game. Like, they flat out spoil a major event in the second game early on in TPS. The game itself is set before the second, but the story is being told by characters who are living in a post-BL 2 world. If that makes sense.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Ares42

Play them as they were released. A lot of the story in this one plays heavily on already established "lore".

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By alanm26v5
    Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Corevi

Play the first one then don't play the rest.

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah, what these guys said. The Pre-Sequel references Borderlands 2 quite a bit.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marathoning Borderlands sounds like a terrible idea. Playing something else in between if you want to keep your sanity.

HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have probably put 2 or 300 hours into BL2 and I don't give a rats ass about the story. The characters yes. But the story who cares.

Also what poster above me says. BL marathon sounds like a slippery slope. These games are borderline mmo crack.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.