Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 14, 2014

The third Borderlands game, set between the events of Borderlands and Borderlands 2, follows a quartet of familiar faces as they work to bring Handsome Jack into power through misadventures on Elpis, the moon of Pandora.

How's the early game of this?

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all, I'll probably be picking up The Pre-Sequel during some kind of Steam sale, but before I do that, I got to know:
    How are the early parts of the game? If there is anything I hated in Borderlands 2, it was the early game slog, that was just filled with unskippable cutscenes and running between maps, and a very narrow range of potential loot when it came to type (ie shotguns, SMGs, class mods, etc). It demotivated me enough to never properly play through the game again with a different class. It also took quite a few skill points for a class to finally start feeling different from the other classes. Does the Pre-Sequel change any of that stuff whatsoever?

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It takes a bit longer to get to the hub city than I would have liked but you start specing skill points at level 3, but it does take a bit longer than I'd like to really open up your skill tree. It'd be nice if you hit level 3 and they just gave you 10 points to spread out however you like.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By asmo917

I've only played an hour or so, but I think I'm struggling with the shift back to terrible guns. I'm so used to my main BL2 character having weapons I've found throughout the game and have been using for a while because they're efficient and get me through any situation. Now, I have a half a backpack full of of one shotgun, one sniper rifle, and a shitload of pistols, none of which I really like much less love. I'm looking forward to putting some more time into it, but it just doesn't have the same feel that hooked me with the first and second games.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

It's terrible, just like Borderlands 2. The early levels are always a drag because of the lack of skills and the lack of any decent guns. The game just started getting really fun for me around level 10 when I finally unlocked the Grinder. I've been suffering with weapons I don't like the entire time I've been playing this so far. Hopefully now that I have the Grinder I can start getting some fun guns.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@adequatelyprepared: Me and my wife played til level 8 and it's awesome so far however the issues you have I don't think have been addressed. We love the new setting and storylines though, and the cut scenes are great so can't understand you there. However I feel maybe it starts you out a little faster? It's just cool intro, here you are, have a shield, go shoot stuff!

bavelb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I generally find that spending a Golden Key whenever you dont have a decent weapon selection early on speeds up the process quite a bit.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
    SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't mind it, I was lucky to get a nice shooting sniper early on which is how I mostly play. The early areas are ok not too much travel, only the vehical jumps which I didn't like.

It's certainly a lotter better than the start of 2.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't mind it, I was lucky to get a nice shooting sniper early on which is how I mostly play. The early areas are ok not too much travel, only the vehical jumps which I didn't like.

It's certainly a lotter better than the start of 2.

Those vehicle jumps seem outrageously tight. Maybe it's just how loose all of the other movement in the game is but I've died so many times from hitting ramps just slightly off.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Level 11 and while I'm not surprised I'm a little bit disappointed at how monotonous the areas are. I miss the various colors from B2. This feels more like DLC than a game but that's ok with me. TVH is where the damage numbers start popping and where the real fun begins.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.