Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 14, 2014

The third Borderlands game, set between the events of Borderlands and Borderlands 2, follows a quartet of familiar faces as they work to bring Handsome Jack into power through misadventures on Elpis, the moon of Pandora.

How's the loot system?

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

One of my major gripes with BL2 was how totally broken the loot system was. Legendaries were near impossible to come by (I had only ever found one Legendary weapon in around 150 hours of play, and I was already overleveled for it), and in the higher difficulty playthroughs, everything that dropped was underpowered garbage. I plan on getting this soon anyway, but for those who have played a fair amount of it already, does the loot system seem more generous this time? Do legendaries drop with some amount of regularity?

pmavers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pmavers

I've only seen one legendary so far (Dropped off the Col, a very handy legendary shield), but there's tons of weird and awesome weapons from quests that would've been orange in BL2. Plenty of purples, though, and I'm pretty happy with it.

I've noticed that loot seems to be better, and all the greens and blues you find are still useful to hang onto since you can cram them into the Grinder and upgrade them a tier.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I've seen better drops overall from what I've played, seems to be better than BL2 in that regard. However, it still has that horrible shared loot system, so jumping into co-op with randoms is going to be exactly the same as the previous two games (i.e, terrible). It's 2014, guys, shared loot in co-op should be completely stomped out by now.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ares42

One nice addition they've made is the grinder, which allows you to upgrade your weapons. By putting in three weapons of the same rarity you get a pretty decent chance at getting a weapon of a higher rarity (only goes up to getting purples as far as I can tell though). Also if the three weapons are the same type the result will also be that type. Although manufacturer seem to still be completely random.

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I feel like I've been finding more purples than I did in BL2, but that could just be coincidental.

Also, the ice and laser weapons are really cool.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Thanks for the replies. Sounds good enough to me. I'll be more than happy to spend some time with this game if it actually feels rewarding. The grinder sounds like a neat addition, too. BL2 was just too damn frustrating with never getting anything worthwhile.

AlphaZro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By AlphaZro

if you farmed the bosses you got legendaries, I managed to snag at least 6 in my two playthroughs...but then again I look at the wiki and vids to see where to get the legendaries.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

With the grinder I've managed to get some nice purples early on. But all the random drops? Whites and greens.

Also TONS of Torgue weapons. Which I don't like.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only big issue with the loot is how often it can fall into lava or the void of outer space etc.

bavelb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bavelb

The grinder can certainly be used to get legendaries, you can even determine the type of weapon you will get out of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvOOEm60n1s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3glo5eBuVo

The only issue is you need to put in legendaries to gain them. However there is an early boss with a legendary dropchance of 10%: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UPOS9T8hvA

Simply put: legendary + legendary + purple weapon type x + moonstone = certain legendary weapon type x

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.