10010 Cannon

#1 Posted by LightRain (167 posts) -

Woah, is this some sort of glitch gun? It has unlimited ammo, does 886 damage, and has a description that is just 1s and 0s. What's up with that?

#2 Posted by Yummylee (21305 posts) -

No, it's one of the alien weapons you can find; there's a small collection of them. The numbers are just a joke towards the binary code.

#3 Edited by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

No, it's not a glitch. They're pretty common. 
 
boderlands.wikia.com has a list of all the guns in the game.

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@LightRain said:
" Woah, is this some sort of glitch gun? It has unlimited ammo, does 886 damage, and has a description that is just 1s and 0s. What's up with that? "
Use a binary to English translator and see what your gun says. 
#5 Posted by captain_clayman (3319 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @LightRain said:
" Woah, is this some sort of glitch gun? It has unlimited ammo, does 886 damage, and has a description that is just 1s and 0s. What's up with that? "
Use a binary to English translator and see what your gun says.  "
uh, that doesnt  work, binary stuff must be divisible by 8....
#6 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @LightRain said:
" Woah, is this some sort of glitch gun? It has unlimited ammo, does 886 damage, and has a description that is just 1s and 0s. What's up with that? "
Use a binary to English translator and see what your gun says.  "
Binary translator.
#7 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@captain_clayman said:

" @The_Laughing_Man said:

" @LightRain said:
" Woah, is this some sort of glitch gun? It has unlimited ammo, does 886 damage, and has a description that is just 1s and 0s. What's up with that? "
Use a binary to English translator and see what your gun says.  "
uh, that doesnt  work, binary stuff must be divisible by 8.... "
One of them translated says " Haduken" 
 
The text IN the gun info can be translated if I recall right. 
#8 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @captain_clayman said:

" @The_Laughing_Man said:

" @LightRain said:
" Woah, is this some sort of glitch gun? It has unlimited ammo, does 886 damage, and has a description that is just 1s and 0s. What's up with that? "
Use a binary to English translator and see what your gun says.  "
uh, that doesnt  work, binary stuff must be divisible by 8.... "
One of them translated says " Haduken"  The text IN the gun info can be translated if I recall right.  "
And the binary in red means OMG.
#9 Posted by BeachThunder (11728 posts) -

Just so you know, they might seem cool, but they aren't actually very good. The main problem is the cooldown period. If you plan on using them, have several of them equipped at once so you can switch between them while the others recharge.

#10 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
" Just so you know, they might seem cool, but they aren't actually very good. The main problem is the cooldown period. If you plan on using them, have several of them equipped at once so you can switch between them while the others recharge. "
The real issue is by the time you get them your other weapon skill levels are very high. Once you get the alien weapon skill up they are amazing. 
#11 Posted by BeachThunder (11728 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @BeachThunder said:
" Just so you know, they might seem cool, but they aren't actually very good. The main problem is the cooldown period. If you plan on using them, have several of them equipped at once so you can switch between them while the others recharge. "
The real issue is by the time you get them your other weapon skill levels are very high. Once you get the alien weapon skill up they are amazing.  "
Well, even with a high Eridian proficiency they're still pretty crummy. Most are fairly weird/erratic (ammo bouncing off the walls etc...) and they're almost always electric (which means they're mainly just good against shields). Oh, and they slow you down too :P
 
Basically, there's no real reason to use them since there are plenty of much better weapons to use.
#12 Posted by Yummylee (21305 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @BeachThunder said:
" Just so you know, they might seem cool, but they aren't actually very good. The main problem is the cooldown period. If you plan on using them, have several of them equipped at once so you can switch between them while the others recharge. "
The real issue is by the time you get them your other weapon skill levels are very high. Once you get the alien weapon skill up they are amazing.  "
 
Basically, there's no real reason to use them since there are plenty of much better weapons to use. "
Pretty much how I felt about them too. For each character I created, their Eridian proficiency never went higher than like rank 2.
#13 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -

The Eridian weapons are useless apart from in a couple of rare cases (e.g. the siren's passive skill that increases firing speed) for when you want to experiment. The only guns you need to take on the entire game (no really, EVERYTHING - including crawmerax) are a hellfire SMG, a defiler pistol and an orion sniper rifle. S&S crux is extremely useful too for taking down Mothrakk. All four of those drop regularly, and can even be occasionally bought from vendors. Anything else is either garbage or just novelty (or hacked).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.