Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Anyone Experiencing Glitches?

Falcon5008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Falcon5008

So is anyone else who is playing Borderlands experiencing any problems or glitches within the game? Some of the enemies are stuck in walls and hitting me when I can't even touch them. It's rather annoying.   

So I'm just curious if I have like a faulty copy or something, or if it's happening to other people. If you are also experiencing glitches or problems, reply to the thread and tell us your story.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

I haven't noticed anything on the 360...which platform are you playing Borderlands on?

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Chokobo

The only glitch I've seen is that when you kill enemies inside of the concrete pipes in Arid Hills, the loot falls through underneath.  You can still retrieve the items, however.

PowerBombYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By PowerBombYo

I ran into one early on. When Claptrap gets to Dr Zed's place he is suppose to actually say stuff and the game should continue on. Instead, he just stood there staring at the door, not saying a word. I couldn't proceed so I reset. It was early on so no big deal. A no, this is not the part where you hit the switch to open the door, it's before that.

Also noticed some audio cutting off a few times and also got a disk is unreadable error. This is my second 360 and it's less than a year old. The game does play fine now though so I hope it was just a random incident. 

Other than those minor issues, I really like the game.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Evilsbane

Nope the only thing I THINK happened to me was I was playing system link co-op and we rescued a claptrap and my inventory didn't increase and I am having trouble figuring out if that is whats supposed to happen.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

I've seen minor glitches here and there like getting caught on the landscape on foot and in a vehicle. 

Also AI glitches a lot and I can get easy XP by getting a high level enemy to get caught in a behaviour loop, then just sniping the shit outta him.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Jeffsekai

Playing on 360, 15 hrs in annnnnnnnnnnnd zero

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8  Edited By drac96

Whenever I try to enter Skag Gully the PS3 tells me that my game data is corrupt, and I can't play again unless I reinstall the game. 

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By JokerClown88

Zero issues on the PS3 thus far *knocks on wood*
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Pie

One issue I have is that whenever I go in and out of my back button pause I need to reload the gun that I have equipped because a few bullets empty from my clip (It doesnt fire or anything, it just goes back into the ammo dump). Its probably all the magazine affecting stuff I have like class mods and skills breaking for a moment but damn is it annoying

hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By hungrynun

Some of the achievements are bugged.

12 Days of Pandora and the kill 25 enemies with this element come to mind. But these can be easily remedied if you do them on a different character.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By buzz_clik
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Driadon
    @XII_Sniper said:
    " I've seen minor glitches here and there like getting caught on the landscape on foot and in a vehicle.  Also AI glitches a lot and I can get easy XP by getting a high level enemy to get caught in a behaviour loop, then just sniping the shit outta him. "
    That's how I killed Moe and Marley on my buddies 360 version. Though I guess that's to be expected in an MMO-emulation
    owenneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By owenneil

I have seen stuff get stuck in and on stuff. I myself got stuck by a rock and a building and had to die to get out. The game also likes to lag when a bunch of bad guys are attacking you.
    Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Genkkaku

Just on the Gun Assembly quests, it continually shows me where a piece i already had was.. spent 10 minutes finding the last revolver piece

hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hungrynun
    @Genkkaku said:
    " Just on the Gun Assembly quests, it continually shows me where a piece i already had was.. spent 10 minutes finding the last revolver piece "
    I think it actually is designed to show you the general area to find all the pieces. It's your job to find all 4.
    Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Genkkaku
    @hungrynun said:
    " @Genkkaku said:
    " Just on the Gun Assembly quests, it continually shows me where a piece i already had was.. spent 10 minutes finding the last revolver piece "
    I think it actually is designed to show you the general area to find all the pieces. It's your job to find all 4. "
    Yeah i thought that, but sometimes the blip stays on the one spot, and other times it shows were each individual piece is (on the same quests as well)
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By napalm
    @Genkkaku said:

" @hungrynun said:

" @Genkkaku said:
    I think it actually is designed to show you the general area to find all the pieces. It's your job to find all 4. "
    Yeah i thought that, but sometimes the blip stays on the one spot, and other times it shows were each individual piece is (on the same quests as well) "
    What? It really is only one blip that shows you the general area all of the pieces are in.

The only glitch I experienced was when Roid Rage Psycho's AI didn't kick in and he just stayed on the other side of the arena and let me kill him.
    freaksaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By freaksaus
    @Genkkaku said:
    " @hungrynun said:
    " @Genkkaku said:
    Yeah i thought that, but sometimes the blip stays on the one spot, and other times it shows were each individual piece is (on the same quests as well) "
    I think this happens when you pickup one of the parts out of order. I had the same problem yesterday where it kept on pointing to a location where I had already picked up part of that quest.
    P45K4L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By P45K4L

Only had couple of them with the car getting stuck on some of the thing and not wanting to go front or back...or me falling into a crack and then i had to kill myself =] not rly glitches but they take away from fun

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21  Edited By CenturionCajun

I've run into various things like loot falling through the ground and enemies getting caught on the terrain. I don't see this as being a big deal because stuff like that happens in just about any game.

However, I have run into a major problem with achievements being bugged. At the moment the 25 Corrosive Kills and 25 Explosive Kills arn't dinging for me. I know for a fact I have enough since I checked it in my challenges log.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Genkkaku
    @Napalm said:

"What? It really is only one blip that shows you the general area all of the pieces are in. "

It's as Freaksaus says, if you pick up the pieces it points to in order it leads you to them.. But if you pick up a different piece first it stays in the same spot.. i did the assault rifle, and the sniper quests with two different characters (one SP one CO-OP) and it did both
    MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By MiamiRedHawks

I saved after playing Co-op with a partner offline, and turned on my 360 a few hours later to notice my level 17 siren file had been corrupted and was unusable. The profile that my friend was using still had their level 17 solider file. This type of shit might make me trade this game in.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pie
    @P45K4L said:
    " Only had couple of them with the car getting stuck on some of the thing and not wanting to go front or back...or me falling into a crack and then i had to kill myself =] not rly glitches but they take away from fun "
    Man that happened far too much. I must of spent atleast an hour hiking after my car getting stuck
    Avatar image for scottydoentknow
    Scottydoentknow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Scottydoentknow

I had the oddest glitch every and that was i had turrets spawning like enemies. Ill give you an example it spawned with a group of bandits and started to glitch around becasue it was trying to walk. I also encountered a very similar one where i opened a box and instead of loot it was a freaking turret which i thought was freaking crazy. Did anyone else get that?

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By choffy21

Only thing I can think of is the frame rate dropping whenever a chain of explosions happens. Whether it be barrels or someones head, whenever more than two things explode, the frame rate drops horribly.

Other than that, good so far. PS3 version by the way.

Edit: I'm sure the frame rate will be something addressed in a patch soon as well.

FongGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FongGhoul
    @Scottydoentknow said:
    "I had the oddest glitch every and that was i had turrets spawning like enemies. Ill give you an example it spawned with a group of bandits and started to glitch around becasue it was trying to walk. I also encountered a very similar one where i opened a box and instead of loot it was a freaking turret which i thought was freaking crazy. Did anyone else get that? "

Dude, what?  I've seen some weird shit but that is crazy.  If you could get a screengrab that would be awesome.
    Avatar image for scottydoentknow
    Scottydoentknow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Scottydoentknow

ill try and recreate it but i dont know lol it was kind of a freak appearence

nick69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By nick69

The only glitch I am encountering is my pc freezing up when I try to find an online co-op match.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.