Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Borderlands 2 ideas

Fantomex100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Fantomex100

Simple topic what are some ideas you want changed, added removed very, very simple.

Fantomex100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Fantomex100

Simple topic what are some ideas you want changed, added removed very, very simple.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By BeachThunder

The best thing they can do is not make a sequel.

I can't understand why people think this game needs a sequel, what would be the purpose?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@BeachThunder said:
    The best thing they can do is not make a sequel.  I can't understand why people think this game needs a sequel, what would be the purpose?
    To improve on Borderlands drastically.
    Fantomex100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fantomex100
    @BeachThunder: Money. But I see your point,.
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#5  Edited By BeachThunder
    @Tru3_Blu3 said:
    @BeachThunder said:
    The best thing they can do is not make a sequel.  I can't understand why people think this game needs a sequel, what would be the purpose?
    Why not take the things they learned while developing Borderlands and then create a new IP? An actual sequel doesn't seem like it would make much sense.
    JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By JB16
    @BeachThunder said:
    @Tru3_Blu3 said:
    @BeachThunder said:
    Why not take the things they learned while developing Borderlands and then create a new IP? An actual sequel doesn't seem like it would make much sense.
    Why doesn't an actual sequel not make much sense? It's not like they locked out any chance of a sequel through their story, hell there was barely even a story to begin with. There'd be nothing wrong with making a new Borderlands game.
    Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Sarkhan

@BeachThunder said:

The best thing they can do is not make a sequel. I can't understand why people think this game needs a sequel, what would be the purpose?

?????? Ofc i want a sequal! I love the game. and with the non/short story that is in borderlands, i want more. More of the universe, and more on the few named ppl in bl1. :)

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By dichemstys

I think they should make a similarly styled game in a different universe.

Fantomex100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fantomex100

I want more weapons because I know they can do it.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By laserbolts
    More enemy variety. More loot variety. Some more classes. Throw in a decent trading system instead of having to drop shit. If they added different armor and you could see it on your dude. I remember when I played split screen using the menus was a bit of a pain. I loved the first one so much though.
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Driadon

@BeachThunder said:

@Tru3_Blu3 said:
    @BeachThunder said:
    The best thing they can do is not make a sequel. I can't understand why people think this game needs a sequel, what would be the purpose?

It does on the story and concept grounds. They've already spent a lot of time on making the Borderlands universe as it is, why go back to the drawing board and make up a whole new universe and assets when you can build on what you've already started?

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BionicRadd
    @BeachThunder said:
    Because I enjoyed Borderlands and thought Pandora had a cool look and vibe to it?  Maybe?   You could have a sequel set on Pandora that has absolutely nothing to do with the story of the first game.

As far as ideas go, I want to see a couple more equipment slots to play with.  Maybe even go all out action-RPG and give me a full set of armor slots.  That would allow more variety in the loot.  I would also like a lot more variety in the zones and enemies.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By damswedon

I think the title of the game should be Borderworlds.

Syphous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Syphous
    @fantomex100 said:
    I want more weapons because I know they can do it.
    I'd like more weapons that are actually worth using.
    @damswedon said:

I think the title of the game should be Borderworlds.

I think when the sequel was first being rumored that was actually the name of it. We'll see.

I would like the next Borderlands game to have an open-class system with character creation (not preset characters you choose from), a third-person option, an actual open world, and a COMPLETE LACK OF SKAGS!
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BraveToaster

More guns and big things to kill.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By penguindust
    1. More variety in the locations.  Everything looked red or brown.
    2. Something to do with all the money you collect.  I had tons of cash but not much to spend it on.
    3. More characters who say more and move more.  More animations.  More dialogue.
    4. Smarter antagonists.  Face it, most just run at you.
    5. More vehicles choices.  
    Finally, a better ending.  I mean, come on! 
    Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
    deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

• Crafting - They keep playing up their gun randomization system, but they haven't put their money where their mouth is. Let the player break down each individual gun, and then recombine parts to create an amazing gun.
    • Bank - Yeah, Mad Moxxi added the bank later, but Mad Moxxi also sucked.
    • An Actual Beginning, Middle, and End - Borderlands didn't really have a story, it was mostly just quest text in the form of VO. Some actual dialogue wouldn't hurt, either.
    • Trash Monkey - An easier way to compare and sell trash would be amazing. Torchlight did it, so where's my pack skag?
    • Actual competitive multiplayer/Better and bigger co-op missions - Borderlands would've been better off without the half-baked arena and dueling. Betting loot and cash on duels would make them more interesting, and a better arena system couldn't hurt either.
    • Character customization - Any way to differentiate from the three other Rolands on my team would be a plus.
    I'm really excited for Borderlands 2.
    Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
    deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

• Crafting - They keep playing up their gun randomization system, but they haven't put their money where their mouth is. Let the player break down each individual gun, and then recombine parts to create an amazing gun.
    • Bank - Yeah, Mad Moxxi added the bank later, but Mad Moxxi also sucked.
    • An Actual Beginning, Middle, and End - Borderlands didn't really have a story, it was mostly just quest text in the form of VO. Some actual dialogue wouldn't hurt, either.
    • Trash Monkey - An easier way to compare and sell trash would be amazing. Torchlight did it, so where's my pack skag?
    • Actual competitive multiplayer/Better and bigger co-op missions - Borderlands would've been better off without the half-baked arena and dueling. Betting loot and cash on duels would make them more interesting, and a better arena system couldn't hurt either.
    • Character customization - Any way to differentiate from the three other Rolands on my team would be a plus.
    I'm really excited for Borderlands 2.
    hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By hermes
    A better inventory system and UI.
    Having to go through 3 or 4 menus to compare weapons to decide what to sell was extremely counter-intuitive.
    rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By rapid

Similar to Others I want to see
     - Player Customization  
    -  Legit In-game Weapon Modification / Customization  
    - Greater production into narrative elements 
     for example :
     - Character Backgrounds more fleshed out  and I think it would be cool if we have more factions, we saw the crimson lance but that was it.  
    I'd expect if they did this it would be similar to factions in Fall Out.  But at  very least  give the game a more apparent dramatic tension between the residence of Pandora vs. Crimson Lance.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.